Questions about 1.0.4.1

I saw "Base Building Godmode is now included" in the 1.0.4.1 change log. Does this mean you can be in god mode while building or does this setting set "Godmode" on the stuff you build (can't be destroyed)?

Also, the removal of a vehicle key when selling it... This should be a server side option, as some servers use the master key system, which creates one key for all vehicles. If this isn't an option, any admin that uses the master key system will have to tell their players to make a copy of their key before selling one of the vehicles it's keyed for.

1) I would say its godmode for players while building as indestructible bases is a different thing altogether and extremely unlikely to make it into an official release.

2) Its an SQL event so server owners can choose to use it or not. I don't think its going to be an issue but if it is and you want to use the feature you may have to modify the masterkey script or the SQL event.

[NEW] Base Building Godmode is now included. Use DZE_GodModeBase = true; to enable it. (Disabled by Default) @Skaronator

Sounds like modular buildables get god mode, not the player that is bilding it. A nice feature, but it seems to be all or nothing unfortunately.

Also, the removal of a vehicle key when selling it... This should be a server side option, as some servers use the master key system, which creates one key for all vehicles. If this isn't an option, any admin that uses the master key system will have to tell their players to make a copy of their key before selling one of the vehicles it's keyed for.

Just to clarify for others, hes talking about this:

[CHANGED] Selling vehicle will now remove the key if you have it on your toolbelt. @Fank

Meaning you'd lose your master key if you'd have that mod and trying to sell a vehicle with that key (a quick fix will be to put the key in ur backpack though)

Meaning you'd lose your master key if you'd have that mod and trying to sell a vehicle with that key (a quick fix will be to put the key in ur backpack though)

Not everyone reads these forums, my forums or even the server messages, so I'd inevitably get people asking me to replace their keys when they sell a vehicle. I hope it's a server side option that can be turned on or off.

Not everyone reads these forums, my forums or even the server messages, so I'd inevitably get people asking me to replace their keys when they sell a vehicle. I hope it's a server side option that can be turned on or off.

Well that's their own fault, anyone who plays the mod should visit here or read changelogs each update, anyone who doesn't can't moan when the info is on the official forum :)

There's a similer thread about safe capcity being changed, same thing

Well that's their own fault, anyone who plays the mod should visit here or read changelogs each update, anyone who doesn't can't moan when the info is on the official forum :)

There's a similer thread about safe capcity being changed, same thing

You can stick this opinion where the sun doesn't shine because it is entirely unrealistic to expect every player—or even the majority of them—to read these forms pr read the changelog. They simply want to play a game they enjoy. Being a x.x.x.1 patch, most of them will just assume that it is only bug fixes.

You can stick this opinion where the sun doesn't shine because it is entirely unrealistic to expect every player—or even the majority of them—to read these forms pr read the changelog. They simply want to play a game they enjoy. Being a x.x.x.1 patch, most of them will just assume that it is only bug fixes.

So us server admins are expected to reel off changes to players cause they're too bone idle lazy to come to the official source ? yeah that makes sense :rolleyes:

Then repeat it over and over and over again to different people as new players join each hour, I could understand if the Epoch forums were some sort of secret society but you don't even need to register to see the info, why should it be an admins job ?

All patch information is readily available as it gets updated during development. By the time the patch is released, most of the information has been known for weeks. If people are truly so damn lazy they can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes skimming patch notes once a patch cycle, then it's their own damn fault. 

Opinions on if people should be reading the forums are irrelevant. All i want to know is: Does 1.0.4.1 introduce indestructible buildings and will the removal of the key when selling a vehicle be optional?

indestructible buildings is an option but not enabled by default. The trader will take the key when selling it is not currently an option. The idea is that we are are looking at removing the key clutter. 

indestructible buildings is an option but not enabled by default. The trader will take the key when selling it is not currently an option. The idea is that we are are looking at removing the key clutter. 

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately that's going to create a headache for all the admins that added the master key system in order to remove the key clutter.

Just to have this sorted out as i don't really see an answer on the question what this indestructible buildings means:

Does it mean that every building element a player builds, is indestructible IF this option is set to true in the init.sqf?

So this:

Is not needed anymore?

And i always notify my players of the new patch, forwarding them to the changelog that can be found on the forum.

Just to have this sorted out as i don't really see an answer on the question what this indestructible buildings means:

Does it mean that every building element a player builds, is indestructible IF this option is set to true in the init.sqf?

So this:

Is not needed anymore?

And i always notify my players of the new patch, forwarding them to the changelog that can be found on the forum.

It would still be needed to only make certain objects indestructable, unless there is now an easier way to customize the objects for which this applies.