WAI / EMS

Fuchs

WAI and EMS  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see EMS Missions on WAI ,should we move there? What do you think?

The reason I love WAI is because they are kick ass difficult. I love EMS mission variety but I am starting to create custom missions for WAI and it's not to difficult. WAI was pretty unique with its Para-Dropping units which nothing can beat it. I would love to combine these two missions systems because both have bad and good parts. 

I have used EMS in the past but it was just a walk in the park for me. With WAI the turrets heli drop and customizing its really a kick in the balls getting killed from 700+m.

I love EMS and its HUGE.

Only let down is people prefer DZAI over sarge for some reason? If you have DZAI on EMS anyway. 

i really like wai except the fact that mission times gets affected very easily if theres even little lag. with ems always had problem with mission vehicles disappearing when you enter them etc but i liked the mission in it.

would be great to have ems missions to wai and have 2 missions running same time

Personally I think we should merge them, as both Fuchs and William pointed out there is a lot of good points in both. 

The system I have for Panthera uses the Chernarus Mission framework (same as EMS) but with DAYZAI. The original framework was designed without any sort of armour in the game so some of the problems people faced was due to this. Plus in Epoch armed helicopters and powerful weapons are quite common. DAYZAI and Sarge units both will spot, engage, chase and flank making it quite difficult. Mission difficulty is down to AI config such as skills and equipment, as well as mission placement. Most missions currently spawn in the open spaces to prevent collision but this makes them easier to snipe in. Most of my missions spawn in urban, built up areas or compounds. 

Currently with DAYZAI units will engage every vehicle with the exception of the Vodnik, for some reason they just won't shoot at it. They will tear the armoured Hummer and SUV to pieces. DAYZAI is also super easy to install, easy to configure and also gives the great options of heli patrols, static or dynamic triggers as well as easy to make up custom triggers. Weapon loadout is handled automatically from the Epoch loot table and can also be configured. 

Downside, they don't use static emplacements or vehicle weapons on land vehicles that I can tell. 

The Thing i noticed with Sarge AI : Laggy Server,Laggy Clients. Not further developed anymore .Vehicle Patrols as also the Heli Patrols will end up the server lagging heavily ,i've tested this about 2 weeks on my dayz server [long time ago].

If u don't know how to fix some issues with this AI your f..... up !

Thinking about invisible ai and some other things i hated there.

This was a really frustrating time !

I use WAI but only because its a damn site harder. I've been on another server with EMS and we cleared a mission using only axes. Not sure if the admin there had turned them down, we only went there while ours was offline.

I like that EMS can spawn 2 missions at once. When we had that installed I made the major missions harder and added more loot whereas the minor ones were left easy but also had less valiable loot.

It was my impression you were working with DZAI. I like DZAI much better. It's my understanding that WAI AI don't respawn when killed. Is this true? DZAI comes with preformated static spawn locations throughout Chernarus and use Epoch loot tables. It's a much better choice.

Last time I checked, WAI doesn't even come with pre-configured static triggers and whatnot.

So ideally, we'd end up with using DZAI for everyday matters (dynamic and static spawns on the map), and WAI as mission-only AI (which is a lot better than stock ArmA 2 AI like it is now).

Unfortunately I have no idea if and how DZAI and WAI work with each other. Never tested it.

I only voted yes because I hope I can achieve this duo of scripts managing the two things separately on my server.

Last time I checked, WAI doesn't even come with pre-configured static triggers and whatnot.

So ideally, we'd end up with using DZAI for everyday matters (dynamic and static spawns on the map), and WAI as mission-only AI (which is a lot better than stock ArmA 2 AI like it is now).

Unfortunately I have no idea if and how DZAI and WAI work with each other. Never tested it.

I only voted yes because I hope I can achieve this duo of scripts managing the two things separately on my server.

I use DZAI for static AI, EMS for missions and WAI for static ammo crates at my bandit bases and random bandit heli drops (25% chance of a heli drop occuring when a player enters certain locations). If all three combine, that would be cool, but I hope they don't just combine WAI and EMS.

1. Personally I would disagree Tarvin, WAI is not very well balanced. Missions are all about risk vs reward. The missions I've been running take a fair amount of effort for fairly little reward. But that is something that can sorted on a per server basis. Not to mention the last two heli missions timed out when soloing them just after I killed the last man which was a bit annoying. WAI also tends to equip its AI with weapons not in the loot table which is not a problem for me as I've added most of them anyway but for people who want to run standard loot could be annoying. 
  2. Can't comment on this as I don't and wouldn't use these. Although I am sure EMS can can be added to the whitelist. 
  3. Currently EMS doesn't support saving to the DB so that is true, also you can't sell mission vehicles making them temporary use or decoration. Although I believe EMS still has attack helicopters in some of the missions would you really want that saving to the DB and rearming every restart?
  4. All these systems have marker saving for new connections. 

The problem with any game component is balance. If you make missions too easy people get everything they want quickly and end up flying helicopters into peoples bases. If you make them too difficult only groups will tend to do them. If you add every item to the loot people stop doing the main DayZ element which is scavenging for gear, ammo and building materials. 

I don't believe EMS will be shut down, most likely they will run concurrently. We still need to sit down and work out objectives.

Currently I am:

• Creating missions for Panthera PEMS from scratch (I made up a previous set and just finished testing them so now fixing the issues found)
  • Looking at WAI to see if it can be expanded on in terms of features. 
  • Writing up some general documentation, class names, loot sets etc

PEMS is basically what I called my mission system, it is pretty much the same working parts as the original CMS/EMS, but with custom missions and a few tweaks, Once I am happy with it I was going to bundle it on EMS. 

I don't believe EMS will be shut down, most likely they will run concurrently. We still need to sit down and work out objectives.

Currently I am:

• Creating missions for Panthera PEMS from scratch (I made up a previous set and just finished testing them so now fixing the issues found)
  • Looking at WAI to see if it can be expanded on in terms of features. 
  • Writing up some general documentation, class names, loot sets etc

PEMS is basically what I called my mission system, it is pretty much the same working parts as the original CMS/EMS, but with custom missions and a few tweaks, Once I am happy with it I was going to bundle it on EMS. 

Oh, ok. Fuchs gave the impression that three mission systems were combining.