[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

Update v1.1

[FIXED]

• Respawn - No Call Evac-Chopper option

[ADDED]

• Config variable for Evac-Chopper - Build price: 1 - 12 Briefcases
  • Config variable for Evac-Chopper - Need Radio: 0 = No need Radio | 1 = Need Radio (If you dont have Radio in your spawn loadout this breaks the rescue for respawners!)
  • Config variable for Evac-Chopper - Evac-Zone marker style: 0 = Landing Pad marker | 1 = Smoke grenade (Smoke dont last until Chopper arrives from a long distance! Remember the spot!)
  • Some more messages for inform the Player
  • New Waypoint system

It is recommended you overwrite all files if you installed the v1.0

See first post for Download link!

Almost be able to answer all 3 questions with one word ^^

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. You need the Key for the Chopper you look at

To call the Evac-Chopper you dont need to have the Key, it looks for a Evac-Field that is tied to your playerUID and sends the Chopper which is on the Evac-Field

^So less informations, 1000 possibilitys why it dont start :unsure:

Try dig a bit.

How much was the distance to the chopper when you called it?

Was the chopper filled with fule? repaired?

no message in your server OR client logfile?

Gimme some and i try my best

I have followed the install instructions however i am unable to get it to work.

I have moved the files from custom\JAEM\ to scripts\ and updated the paths in init.sqf and evacchopper_init.sqf with the correct paths however when i go to a helicopter that i have the key for i dont get a option show up.

i have checked the rpt log and dont see anything wrong in there

This is what i have in my init.sqf. im sure its correct but can you confirm pls

if (!isDedicated) then {
	[] execVM "scripts\WelcomeCredits.sqf";
	//Conduct map operations
	0 fadeSound 0;
	waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
	_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
	_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	

"heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;

_nil = [] execVM "scripts\EvacChopper_init.sqf";
    };

^So less informations, 1000 possibilitys why it dont start :unsure:

Try dig a bit.

How much was the distance to the chopper when you called it?

Was the chopper filled with fule? repaired?

no message in your server OR client logfile?

Gimme some and i try my best

The distance was at like ~5km

Yeah, i just spawned it!

No message at the server file ;)

Regards

nco

ignore me... i put it before the wrong };

I dont ignore you Mathew ^^ but i just missed your post before that anyway :rolleyes:

The distance was at like ~5km

Yeah, i just spawned it!

No message at the server file ;)

Regards

nco

And client logfile?

Somethings must be wrong for sure.

Missed something on the install instructions?

I dont ignore you Mathew ^^ but i just missed your post before that anyway :rolleyes:

No i was saying to ignore my other post as i had messed up when putting the line into the init.sqf

Only problem i have had is the chopper does not land where it is supposed to. First time it landed on the train line when i was closer to the sea and the next time it tried to land in the sea/beach when i was about 300m in land from the sea and after failing to land it went back to the landing pad

No i was saying to ignore my other post as i had messed up when putting the line into the init.sqf

Only problem i have had is the chopper does not land where it is supposed to. First time it landed on the train line when i was closer to the sea and the next time it tried to land in the sea/beach when i was about 300m in land from the sea and after failing to land it went back to the landing pad

Failing Waypoint will result in going back to start and normally it should try again to come to you.

Let me guess you used the "smoke" variant right?

Did not tested the landing part with it, just if the smoke goes and the chopper starts.

I will have a look if i can set a better position with it, that lasts until chopper is there.

My guess is he tried to follow your position to find a good landing point...

Yes i was using the smoke version however it worked fine the first time even after the smoke had gone all be it slightly off location. The second time i wanted to see how many AI was in the chopper so i moved my self with admin tools to the start location so maybe thats why it happened. I didnt realize it would follow me.

Just a quick update, 

have tested it a few times now with the UH1H and it worked fine every time where with the Mi17 it would not land and just kept returning to the start point.

i was in the same place each time so its not the ground level etc.

Works perfect for me n epoch tavi. Our only problem is that when we die we then cant call our heli evac, it doesn't work.

So its not working after we die.

It is working on Lingor map. Go to the open place. Stay quiet, do not move and the menu appears after few seconds.

Just a quick update, 

have tested it a few times now with the UH1H and it worked fine every time where with the Mi17 it would not land and just kept returning to the start point.

i was in the same place each time so its not the ground level etc.

I think the problem is that the Mi17 is soooooo slow to break midair so he just overpace the landing point somehow.

I will have a tesrun for it tomorrow then i can tell more

Works perfect for me n epoch tavi. Our only problem is that when we die we then cant call our heli evac, it doesn't work.

So its not working after we die.

see below!

or maybe you set the config to need a radio? when you respawn you dont have one if you not configured your respawn loadout to have one

It is working on Lingor map. Go to the open place. Stay quiet, do not move and the menu appears after few seconds.

What am I supposed to do with it BattlEye? Somehow I do not get it.

Sorry had a hard day and it was very late, i forgot to mention the BattlEye filter part...

You need to edit these 3 filter files:

remoteexec.txt

waypointcondition.txt

waypointstatement.txt

In each file go to the end of the first line add a blank char (space) and add these:

!"["true", ""]"