Patch 1.0.3.1 - File structure - cannot start private server!

Crystal

Question

So... the file structure has changed. I usually test everything on a private home server before I upload to Vilayer but the new structure of this patch has thrown me.

When I try to start the server, it says files cannot be found. So I moved the bat file to where it usually is and now it starts but cant find configs... so I moved the configs to where they usually are... now it gets a bit further but says it cant find tbpmalloc.dll or some such file over and over again before it crashes me out..........

Urgh.... what do I do with this?

19 answers to this question

The file structure may have changed, doesn't mean you have to stick to it to get your server up and running.

All you really needed to do is change your @epoch with the new 1.0.3.1 @Epoch. Change the build number in your hive.ini. and rebuild your server/mission files.

Thats all I did on our Dedicated server to get 1.0.3.1 up and running.

Yeah something is bugged guys.  I added AIs and anithack to my server pbo and I repacked it with cpbo and pbo manager.  It doesn't see several of the files it needs like server_functions, etc.  It's like it's not reading the PBOPrefix file.  But it is there for sure.

To get it to work I had to open the server pbo in PBO Manager and manually copy the needed folders and edited files into the server pbo.  Doing it that way it's all good.  But unpacking it, making file edits and additions and repacking DOES NOT work!  :(

PBOView isn't working either.....  Same problem.

My server is officially down.  Server PBO is screwed and it won't repack right.  Not getting any errors in my RPT but characters aren't spawning in.  Stays at the ocean on character load.  If I use the stock PBO it's fine, but any attempts to add my usual server edits and addons doesn't work.  Can someone please point me in the direction of a PBO utility that doesn't corrupt the digital sig on the server pbo?  I've tried all the ones I know about, CPBO, PBOManager, PBOView.  None of them work.  And yes, I know what I'm doing.  NEVER had an issue until this version!!

PBOView isn't working either.....  Same problem.

My server is officially down.  Server PBO is screwed and it won't repack right.  Not getting any errors in my RPT but characters aren't spawning in.  Stays at the ocean on character load.  If I use the stock PBO it's fine, but any attempts to add my usual server edits and addons doesn't work.  Can someone please point me in the direction of a PBO utility that doesn't corrupt the digital sig on the server pbo?  I've tried all the ones I know about, CPBO, PBOManager, PBOView.  None of them work.  And yes, I know what I'm doing.  NEVER had an issue until this version!!

Try Kegetys PBO.

http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/tools30032007.zip

Download it then go into cpbo and run it, please don't delete the folder.

Find the pbo right click and hit extract after done editing click create pbo.

I added AIs and anithack to my server pbo and I repacked it with cpbo and pbo manager.  It doesn't see several of the files it needs like server_functions, etc.

What you are doing is definitely the wrong way dude. i can´t just copy&paste some files from the new patch you think they changed. You look what files you are changed in your old dayz_server.pbo, compare this with the files in the new dayz-server.pbo and copy the scriptbased changes to the new files and repack your new dayz_server.pbo whit this. Then you repeat with the dayz_code.pbo. 

Thanks for the input, but I know it's being done correctly.  I didn't elaborate on all the steps I take because they are so second nature to me at this point.  I'm well aware of having to copy in the new files and manually make edits to the new files as needed to get everything called properly.  :)  

Try Kegetys PBO.

http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/tools30032007.zip

Download it then go into cpbo and run it, please don't delete the folder.

Find the pbo right click and hit extract after done editing click create pbo.

Thanks for the link, but that's CPBO, one of the ones I'm very familiar with and use often.  It presents with the same issue.

So... the file structure has changed. I usually test everything on a private home server before I upload to Vilayer but the new structure of this patch has thrown me.

When I try to start the server, it says files cannot be found. So I moved the bat file to where it usually is and now it starts but cant find configs... so I moved the configs to where they usually are... now it gets a bit further but says it cant find tbpmalloc.dll or some such file over and over again before it crashes me out..........

Urgh.... what do I do with this?

If your missing the  tbpmalloc.dll  that has nothing to do with the PBO. The only restructuring was done with the server files was within the archive we ship not the server PBO.

The changes to the server package was: 

All config and launch examples moved to "Configs" folder.

Binaries (tbpmalloc.dll, tbb.dll, and database.dll) are now in a "Binaries" folder but will still need to be installed to the ARMA2OA root folder for fresh installs, if your just upgrading you should not need to do anything as these files have not changed in any previous epoch build.

So strictly speaking I could snatch the client files, server file and mission file - and just sling them into the relevant sections of the 1.0.3 server i had made previously?

Yes!

Update the dayz_server.pbo from "@DayZ_Epoch_Server",

Update all the files in "@DayZ_Epoch" folder with the latest client files,

Update your mission to match the ones in the MPMissions folder and make sure your mission file init.sqf has the same instanceID and you should be good to go.

Hey :)

Glad you mentioned the mission.sqf file - how come this file, along with a folder 'DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus' and some previously client-side files are now in dayz_server\missions\ ?

Do I leave DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus in \dayz_server\missions? Does it need packing into a pbo? (so, having a pbo in a pbo?)

I tried to find reference to this on the forums but couldn't :S

Yes!

Update the dayz_server.pbo from "@DayZ_Epoch_Server",

Update all the files in "@DayZ_Epoch" folder with the latest client files,

Update your mission to match the ones in the MPMissions folder and make sure your mission file init.sqf has the same instanceID and you should be good to go.

Hmmm - I've sorted it :) All good. Sorry to have bothered ya!

Hey :)

Glad you mentioned the mission.sqf file - how come this file, along with a folder 'DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus' and some previously client-side files are now in dayz_server\missions\ ?

Do I leave DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus in \dayz_server\missions? Does it need packing into a pbo? (so, having a pbo in a pbo?)

I tried to find reference to this on the forums but couldn't :S