Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

Unpack your server.pbo

Place the WAi folder into your root server.pbo

Go to your server_monitor.sqf and edit it

right before the     allowConnection = true; ( near the bottom of your server_monitor.sqf)

To look like this

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";

allowConnection = true;

repack your server.pbo and install it...

Start and enjoy

PS: You have to configure each spawn of your AI.

Look at the spawn_config.sqf and follow instructions

Ok I understand that we have to edit the customspawn.sqf, but where can i find the locations that are in the array for the position ? i wonder if there are tools that cand help us find those coordinates?

Ok I understand that we have to edit the customspawn.sqf, but where can i find the locations that are in the array for the position ? i wonder if there are tools that cand help us find those coordinates?

I just implemented this debug monitor, the position coordinates are at the bottom of the admin debug monitor.

https://github.com/nomadichayward/dayz_dual_debug_monitor

Or you can simply use the 2D/3D arma editor to spawn an unit where you want.

Then open the mission file and copy paste the coordinated

Or you can simply use the 2D/3D arma editor to spawn an unit where you want.

Then open the mission file and copy paste the coordinated

Thanks I will try that I think is better that way. I never used the arma editor I found some links on armaholic about how to use the editor so I will read those first.

I just implemented this debug monitor, the position coordinates are at the bottom of the admin debug monitor.

https://github.com/nomadichayward/dayz_dual_debug_monitor

I saw that editor and it seems like a feasible tool but ill try the editor first. Thank also for suggestion .

how do u install this mod i put the files in my pbo but no install button yes im a newb

IoaneIoane go ahead and send me a PM maybe I can help you a little ... at least to make sure that is installed , because after that you have to do some learning too.

Thanks I will try that I think is better that way. I never used the arma editor I found some links on armaholic about how to use the editor so I will read those first.

I saw that editor and it seems like a feasible tool but ill try the editor first. Thank also for suggestion .

IoaneIoane go ahead and send me a PM maybe I can help you a little ... at least to make sure that is installed , because after that you have to do some learning too.

what ur user name mate cos i need some help

Hello Ionlon,

So do you have access to your pbo file?

If you do extract it out with a pbo program whatever you like

Now inside that folder - which has the same name as the file that you extracted,

you should have folders that are named something like this:

-compile

-init

-missions

-modules

-system

next you copy the folder WAi inside there.

after you copied it you go to the folder named System and inside of it you will find

a file named server_monitor.sqf.

you use a text editor like notepad or notepad++ (preferable notepad++) and open the file

server_monitor.sqf.

Inside of the file search for this :

allowConnection = true;

Once you find it, right above of it you put this other code:

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";

now you save the file.

Ok so at this moment your Wicked AI is installed, however, the script does not work until you create an actual

area where your AI can spawn.

for this you have a to modify couple files inside the WAI folder.

the first file is called Init.sqf.

Inside of it you search for WAIconfigloaded and WAImissionconfig and replace the False to True.

Once you do that just save the file.

Next file is this one called customspawns.sqf

You open this one as well in your text editor.

I do not know how much do you know programming and language syntax but do this as I will tell you and at least you can get it to work for one group of AI.

So back to customspawns.sqf - where it says "Custom group spawns Eg." and "Place your custom group spawns below" delete everything that is between /* and */ in front of them and replace them with this text:

//Custom group spawns Eg.

[[953.237,4486.48,0.001], //position

4,                          //Number Of units

1,                          //Skill level 0-1 or skill array number if using custom skills "Random" for random Skill array.

"Random",                  //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set.

4,                          //Number of magazines

"",                          //Backpack "" for random or classname here.

"",                            //Skin "" for random or classname here.

"Random"                  //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.

] call spawn_group;

//Place your custom group spawns below

Again save the file and now you are ready to repack the folder that you unpack with the pbo.

Well the only thing left is to go to your Addon folder in the Arma2OA and save the file there or copy it as a backup in case something goes wrong and copy the new pbo file created.

After that you should start your server and connect to it. once in the game you have to wait a good amount of time until the WAi starts , but you should be able to find your AI somewhere in the eastern side of your chernarus map in the grid 014 in top and 108 on the side.

good luck and I hope it helps.

Having a problem, and hope someone can help me with this.  I keep getting this error on my WAI missions. 

2:11:42 "WAI: Starting Mission MV22"

2:11:42 "WAI: Mission MV22 Started At [5691.66,9646.1]"
2:11:42 "WAI: Mission MV22 spawned a MV-22"
2:11:42 Error in expression <_ret = _this select _ret;
};
_ret
>
2:11:42 Error position: <_ret
>
2:11:42 Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
2:11:42 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 23
2:11:42 Error in expression };
_gearmagazines = _aigear select 0;
_geartools = _aigear s>
2:11:42 Error position: <_aigear select 0;
_geartools = _aigear s>
2:11:42 Error Undefined variable in expression: _aigear
2:11:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\SpawnGroup.sqf, line 46
2:11:42 "WAI: Spawned a group of 5 Bandits at [5691.66,9646.1,0]"
2:11:42 "WAI: Spawned a group of 4 Bandits at [5691.66,9646.1,0]"
2:11:42 Error in expression <_ret = _this select _ret;
};
_ret
>
2:11:42 Error position: <_ret
>
2:11:42 Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret
2:11:42 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 23
2:11:42 Error in expression <_aipack = _backpack
};
_gearmagazines = _aigear select 0;
_geartools = _aigear s>
2:11:42 Error position: <_aigear select 0;
_geartools = _aigear s>
2:11:42 Error Undefined variable in expression: _aigear
2:11:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\SpawnStatic.sqf, line 76
2:11:42 "WAI: Sapwned in 2 M2StaticMG"

I don't see any errors in the WAI files at those lines, and I have changed nothing in those particular files from the default.   I assume (maybe wrongly) that the z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf file isn't my problem.  

Any suggestions?

Has anyone been able to do something about people sniping, entering a vehicle and then sniping from a new position?

The problem I'm having is that while WAI is awesome for close-range combat, it is pretty retarded (even with skill set to 1) when it comes to really long range (7-800m) shooters. AI will go prone in an open field and go in circles and easily get sniped one by one, whereas when they spot the player close range they start moving there instead of walking in a circle or going prone.

Anyone knows, how to do, mission's vehicles dessapear after restart?, i try deleting that lines

_veh setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true];
PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];

and putting

_veh setVariable["MalSar",1,",true]

that variable is used by admin tools for tempvehicles dont blow up, in Antihack exceptions

any clue? for this?

Firstly Florinel76.............A huge thankyou for being the first person who knows what he is doing who has actually shared the WHOLE answer of how to get ai in motion

after installing wicked the missions work fine from the installation but I was never able to spawn in static ai which Hellgamer 115 you are incorrect about it only being able to spawn in heli patrols.........

BUTTTTT now I have the static ai placed wherever I want them, the missions appear to have stopped, can someone shine a light on that?

all I have done after install is switch the two falses to true and modify the placement info for the static spawning ai...........

all help is much appreciated and if I in any modest way can help use the email [email protected] or my ts   voice2.gamingdeluxe.co.uk:10102     I don't know much but what I have learned through sheer bloody determination and theft :)

I am happy to share/chat about

so I have missions only or ai only currently working on patch 1.4.2 on sauerland

had missions only working also on panthera and chernarus

I intend to start on my forum a beginners guide to this sort of thing as 99% of those who help are condescending or deliberately vague........I intend to be black and white

If you would like to contribute to black or white please contact me and with Epoch.mod and people like Florinel we can start to help everone enjoy this game more.

best regards

Firstly Florinel76.............A huge thankyou for being the first person who knows what he is doing who has actually shared the WHOLE answer of how to get ai in motion

after installing wicked the missions work fine from the installation but I was never able to spawn in static ai which Hellgamer 115 you are incorrect about it only being able to spawn in heli patrols.........

BUTTTTT now I have the static ai placed wherever I want them, the missions appear to have stopped, can someone shine a light on that?

all I have done after install is switch the two falses to true and modify the placement info for the static spawning ai...........

all help is much appreciated and if I in any modest way can help use the email [email protected] or my ts   voice2.gamingdeluxe.co.uk:10102     I don't know much but what I have learned through sheer bloody determination and theft :)

I am happy to share/chat about

so I have missions only or ai only currently working on patch 1.4.2 on sauerland

had missions only working also on panthera and chernarus

I intend to start on my forum a beginners guide to this sort of thing as 99% of those who help are condescending or deliberately vague........I intend to be black and white

If you would like to contribute to black or white please contact me and with Epoch.mod and people like Florinel we can start to help everone enjoy this game more.

best regards

sorry dude, i thought you were taking about static a.i like the one's they have in DZAI where they spawn in every city and so on. not custom spawns.

really sorry about that man

Hello,

We tried installing this on our DayZ Epoch server. The files were put into the correct directory, but we kept getting "file not found" errors. Here's what we keep getting, even though the mod is installed in the right place.

Script z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf not found

Any help for installation?

Thanks.

Hello,

We tried installing this on our DayZ Epoch server. The files were put into the correct directory, but we kept getting "file not found" errors. Here's what we keep getting, even though the mod is installed in the right place.

Script z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf not found

Any help for installation?

Thanks.

Are you putting the WAI directory in your dayz_server.pbo or the mission pbo?