Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

And one more question - custom spawns (like chopper patrol) are starting by server restart. Is here someone who know, how to set time for this, like by missions (weapon cache for example - in missionCfg)? And how can i set not random but exact position?

Thx for your help! :)

And one more question - custom spawns (like chopper patrol) are starting by server restart. Is here someone who know, how to set time for this, like by missions (weapon cache for example - in missionCfg)? And how can i set not random but exact position?

Thx for your help! :)

I'd like this answered as well....Para drops seem to only work once per restart, also fixed guns don't respawn.  Also, I am not seeing any foot patrols whatsoever.  I am running DZAI and those spawn in fine but nothing from WAI.  Are they not compatible?

Thanks

for now I plan to make the Bandit Camo un-lootable via the take clothes script to stop my exploiters.

Any other ideas?

Zkirby

I have the same problem. No idea how to solve it.  Where can I find this take clothes script to make Bandit Camo inactive?

thanks in advance.

somebody can help me with the paradrop? i created a paradrop ion the customspawns.sqf:

// Start of Paradrop 1
[[5800,960]]
[[5300,-9999540]]
"UH1H_DZ",
"Random",
"",
"Bandit2_DZ",
"Random",
True
] spawn heli_para;
//End of Paradrop 1

but nothing happens if i enter [[5800,960]]

somebody can help me with the paradrop? i created a paradrop ion the customspawns.sqf:

// Start of Paradrop 1
[[5800,960]]
[[5300,-9999540]]
"UH1H_DZ",
"Random",
"",
"Bandit2_DZ",
"Random",
True
] spawn heli_para;
//End of Paradrop 1

but nothing happens if i enter [[5800,960]]

Locations are all wrong

try this here is one of mine.

[[4422.165,10302.33,0],  //NAF

[0,0,0],                           //Starting position of the heli

600,                               //Radius from drop position a player has to be to spawn chopper

"UH1H_DZ",                         //Classname of chopper (Make sure it has 2 gunner seats!)

8,                                 //Number of units to be para dropped

1,                                 //Skill level 0-1 or skill array number if using custom skills "Random" for random Skill array.

"Random",                          //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set.

4,                                 //Number of magazines

"",                                //Backpack "" for random or classname here.

"Bandit2_DZ",                      //Skin "" for random or classname here.

"Random",                          //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.

True                               //True: Heli will stay at position and fight. False: Heli will leave if not under fire.

] spawn heli_para;

This format Zernichter & this is Panthera so try it  :)

[[4607.29,7944.16,0],  //Position that units will be dropped by
[6722.78,10026.8,0],                           //Starting position of the heli
400,                               //Radius from drop position a player has to be to spawn chopper
"UH1H_TK_EP1",                         //Classname of chopper (Make sure it has 2 gunner seats!)
5,                                 //Number of units to be para dropped
1,                                 //Skill level 0-1 or skill array number if using custom skills "Random" for random Skill array.
"Random",                          //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set.
4,                                 //Number of magazines
"",                                //Backpack "" for random or classname here.
"Bandit2_DZ",                      //Skin "" for random or classname here.
"Random",                          //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.
True                               //True: Heli will stay at position and fight. False: Heli will leave if not under fire. 
] spawn heli_para;

You must have a comma after each line apart from the last one. See above.

thanks to sugar and picking :)

@sugar just take a look at my example, its the same format :) my question is: do i have to set the z coordinate?

edit: worked on the spawn.. this is the final version:

// Start of Paradrop 1
[[6265.63,1168.69,0.0],
[6243.11,988.903,0.0],
"UH1H_DZ",
"Random",
"",
"Bandit2_DZ",
"Random",
True
] spawn heli_para;
//End of Paradrop 1

but still dont work.

great wishes 

Florian

Markk, any chance you'd try working with the author of the DZAI to integrate this with his system? I know there's another mission system that integrates with Sarge AI, so one with integration with DZAI would be awesome.

I have both working fine together. AI and Missions from both seems not conflicting. 

thanks for reply :)

not at the moment. but in the future i want to implement them. atm its just a heliparadrop ^^ :)

ok so i set it to 0 i hope it will work then :)

how do you transfer ingame koords tu databse koords?

EDIT: paradrop works now, but my question: how you transfer the coords ? :)

great wishes

Florian

Since I installed this, I haven't had much time to play, but one of my players have given me this list of problems. Perhaps these are things that can be fixed?

- majority of missions involve a mounted M2 tripod, which will lite up heli's from 1500 out at 800 up...... or a vodnik at 1000 out
- AI targeting seems to about 300 meters better than any scoped weapon presently in the game, they see me at a 1000, even with the m110, the addition of which kinda levels the playing field, it is still difficult to spot AI at over 700 meters and AI dont notice fog.
- missions are not good for solo ventures, main loot is usually a vehicle, chopper or plane that needs to be repaired then taken and sold, not practical in most situations if you are alone

- 80% of new weapons are not sellable, here is the list to be added to trader menu'

: L85A2 Holo GL
: L86A2 LSW
: M4A1 Holo ... non camo
: M8 + M320
: Mk16 EGLM RCO
: Mk16 Mk4CQ/T
: Mk17 EGLM RCO
: M110 NV Sniper..... not selling these anyway, but some may want to... lol
: M16A4 with red dot

BetterDeadThanZed - Missions are not easy loot for everyone and ppl must cooperate to get loot. Its about fight, not about easy loot. For easy lot you can give them custom bases or loot events.

All what you sad, is customizable. Loot you can customize in MissionCfg.sqf, fuel for vehicles too. Weapons used by NPCs in AIconfig.sqf. If you are using script without any change in AI skills, than your NPCs are on 15% about their possibilities. So they are not realy strong, trust me. On our server ppl sad me, make them harder and i did it. And damage vehicles is set in custom_publishVehicle. There dont know how to change it. But on my mind, this is good idea. PPL must something do to get vehicles to traders :-)

And M2 vs chopper or vodnik? This is good. No easy kills from the chopper or simple driving over NPCs with vodnik... Just say them cooperate. Someone need to kill M2s, than can chopper come :-)

Crash site doesn't spawn loot.

11:58:08 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\missions\crash_spawner.sqf, line 73
11:58:08 Error in expression <t 2;
_radius =	_this select 3;

switch (_iClass) do
{
{

_item = createV>
11:58:08   Error position: <_iClass) do
{
{

_item = createV>
11:58:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: _iclass
11:58:08 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf, line 9
11:58:08 Error in expression <s select _index;
_itemType = _itemTypes select _index;
[_itemType select 0, _ite>
11:58:08   Error position: <select _index;
[_itemType select 0, _ite>
11:58:08   Error Zero divisor

BetterDeadThanZed - Missions are not easy loot for everyone and ppl must cooperate to get loot. Its about fight, not about easy loot. For easy lot you can give them custom bases or loot events.

All what you sad, is customizable. Loot you can customize in MissionCfg.sqf, fuel for vehicles too. Weapons used by NPCs in AIconfig.sqf. If you are using script without any change in AI skills, than your NPCs are on 15% about their possibilities. So they are not realy strong, trust me. On our server ppl sad me, make them harder and i did it. And damage vehicles is set in custom_publishVehicle. There dont know how to change it. But on my mind, this is good idea. PPL must something do to get vehicles to traders :-)

And M2 vs chopper or vodnik? This is good. No easy kills from the chopper or simple driving over NPCs with vodnik... Just say them cooperate. Someone need to kill M2s, than can chopper come :-)

Thanks for the feedback. That was just the opinion of one of my players, since I haven't had time to really evaluate it. What can I do about the wandering AI? It's pretty sad to get to a mission and find a lone AI on the M2 and no others around.

*edit* Also, to clarify the ammo boxes config. I plan on adding ammo boxes at locations where I've set up bandit bases. In the staticammoboxes.sqf I only need to define what ammo box I want to spawn, and it's filled with the settings in the missioncfg.sqf file?

Still seems a bit buggy.  I placed a couple fixed guns, and one paradrop.  Worked fine.  I then added another couple paradrops, fixed guns and 2 group spawns.  None of the new ones worked.  Pretty frustrating.

Check your coordinates again, I had a similar problem and found the spawn script stuck in a loop as it tried to find a safe place to spawn the AI - over water :(

Hey mate great ai and mission system! Player response is that they love it!

Just wondering anyway of adding in a magazine ammo box?

And also with my blue Phoenix admin tools the vehicles keep despawning or blowing up has them working with dzai i just changed a part in each vehicle to stop that happening tried from DZAI to WAI and MISSION and no joy at this stage any ideas

Oh and ammo box despawn/not spawning atm

Thanks heaps!

If you navigate to WAI\missions\missions and pick a mission, then change "ObjectID" to "DZAI" or "MISSIONS" or wutever you have in your kill hacker file, it should stop it. Don't know if it will mess with anything else though as I have only looked at it for about 2 minutes, lol. Let me know if this fixes your issue.