Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

Still need to know:

AI not attacking players with 'bandit' humanity levels - any ideas?

AI grouping together - need them spread out more?!

Is it possible to use the better functioning DZAI in place of the normal AI? - This isn't a problem if it can't be done, I just prefer the way they move about :)

Lastly - how do I clean a specific item from the bandits body. I've given them RPG's but don't want players picking them up / using them.

Check your coordinates again, I had a similar problem and found the spawn script stuck in a loop as it tried to find a safe place to spawn the AI - over water :(

Thanks for your suggestion.  My coords are OK...just went to where I wanted the spawn and cut and paste from the database.  I did get more of the spawns to work by getting rid of almost all of the comments in the config (like /* Put your custom paradrops below).  Now there is just one comment at the top of the file and all my configs follow that.  Seems to mostly work although some of the fixed guns are still not spawning.  Also, when you set a paradrop chopper to "stay and fight" they just hover in one spot.  Not like the DZAI choppers which fly around and fight.  Makes them pretty easy to kill.  Oh...and there's a bit of a problem with most missions spawning on the mountains then the vehicles flipping and hopping downhill and blowing up.  Not very interesting for players.

Goto where you want on the map - logout. Check your player position in the database - worldspace - gives for example this [51,[6180.06,4958.79,0.495]]

which means [direction[x,y,z]]

Or use editor which is way quicker!

Why logout?  I'm using Navicat and just hitting refresh on the character_data db shows my current worldspace.

Help please, simple guide on enabling Ai patrols, heli, vehic, para drop etc?

I have trawled through these 13 pages & I cant get my head round it, I have added them to my custom spawns but they never appear, missions are working fine though.

It's just these custom spawns I'm having issues with, is there anywhere else I should be enabling them apart from custom spawns.sqf?

if anyone's about on Xmas day to help, a simple step by step please?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Help please, simple guide on enabling Ai patrols, heli, vehic, para drop etc?

I have trawled through these 13 pages & I cant get my head round it, I have added them to my custom spawns but they never appear, missions are working fine though.

It's just these custom spawns I'm having issues with, is there anywhere else I should be enabling them apart from custom spawns.sqf?

if anyone's about on Xmas day to help, a simple step by step please?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Somethings goofy with the code I guess.  I had the spawns/paradrops/fixed guns working for a minute but this time I logged in and nothing is around.  Don't see any good answers in this forum either.  Guess I'll look for another script that does this kind of thing.  (The missions, as you say, work fine)  I'll just use DZAI for the foot patrols and hopefully I can find another script for paradrops etc.

Somethings goofy with the code I guess. I had the spawns/paradrops/fixed guns working for a minute but this time I logged in and nothing is around. Don't see any good answers in this forum either. Guess I'll look for another script that does this kind of thing. (The missions, as you say, work fine) I'll just use DZAI for the foot patrols and hopefully I can find another script for paradrops etc.

Sry guys i said i will help u on this ,beeing at home in a half hour or hour . Putting up my settings from wai/mission system upon here! Btw mark331 nice job u did !

customSpawn.sqf

[[[2102.78,12767.8,0],[2026.68,12726.8,0]], //position(s) (can be multiple).
"M2StaticMG",             //Classname of turret
0.5,					  //Skill level 0-1. Has no effect if using custom skills
"Bandit2_DZ",			  //Skin "" for random or classname here. 
1,						  //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
2,						  //Number of magazines. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
"",						  //Backpack "" for random or classname here. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
"Random"				  //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
] call spawn_static;

[[6889.85,11437.5,0],  //Position that units will be dropped by
[6889.85,11437.5,0],               //Starting position of the heli
100,                               //Radius from drop position a player has to be to spawn chopper
"UH1Y_DZE",                         //Classname of chopper (Make sure it has 2 gunner seats!)
5,                                 //Number of units to be para dropped
1,                                 //Skill level 0-1 or skill array number if using custom skills "Random" for random Skill array.
"Random",                          //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set.
4,                                 //Number of magazines
"",                                //Backpack "" for random or classname here.
"Bandit2_DZ",                      //Skin "" for random or classname here.
"Random",                          //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.
False                               //True: Heli will stay at position and fight. False: Heli will leave if not under fire. 
] spawn heli_para;

[[6965.75,11902.1,0],    //Position to patrol
[6965.75,11902.1,0],	             // Position to spawn chopper at
150,					//Radius of patrol
2,                     //Number of waypoints to give
"UH60M_EP1",		        //Classname of vehicle (make sure it has driver and two gunners)
1						//Skill level of units 
] spawn heli_patrol;

[[7194.19,10941.2,0],   //Position to patrol
[7194.19,10941.2,0],	// Position to spawn at
50,					//Radius of patrol
2,                     //Number of waypoints to give
"HMMWV_Armored",		//Classname of vehicle (make sure it has driver and gunner)
1						//Skill level of units 
] spawn vehicle_patrol;

the m2 staticguns where spawning near skalka, chopper para drop where on devil's castle as also the car patrol !

cheers i hope u guys get it up for testing and can edit the coords to your needs !

Looks good, thanks Fuchs.  I'll give that a shot too (my settings are for Tavi though).  I was also going to try making separate sqfs for each spawn type then just call those from the init.  Dunno if that will work or not.

Also, you can have more than one of each yes?  EG..two different heli drops, a few vehicles etc. etc.?\

Thanks again.

@rrazorman

Dont replace it . Ii would complement it !

@cayote

i also have the same for skalisty but diff. coords

Used your suggestion and all was good!  Then I added another vehicle patrol and they don't spawn.  So, again, can you only have one vehicle patrol or what's up with that?

Thanks

Hey guys, 

Not sure if it is my clean up file or the WAI mission system. I suspect to believe the missions aren't clearing out after the despawn time. E.g. Survivors have not sercured the loot in time. 

I think the boxes full of stuff just stays and causes the server to lag as well as the AI staying and not being removed. 

Any one got a working system that 100% clears the missions out when done? 

I will post rpts and more info if someone can lend a hand? 

Thanks William,

PS MERRRY CHRISTMAS

as for the custom spawns they work fine. Make sure you get the lay out right. Here is a cut from mine. 

Place your custom static weapon spawns below
*/

// Death Alley

//Ground Turrets\\
[[[4002.7345,8116.1475,0],[3998.2585,8119.2454,0]],"M2StaticMG",0.5,"Bandit2_DZ",1,2,"","Random"] call spawn_static;

// Sector 19

//Front Guards
[[[6572.72,14199.8,0],[6573.01,14205.6,0]],"M2StaticMG",0.5,"Graves_Light_DZ",1,2,"","Random"] call spawn_static;

//Igla Rockets
[[[6756.91,14209.5,24],[6757,14198.6,24]],"Igla_AA_pod_TK_EP1",0.5,"Graves_Light_DZ",1,2,"","Random"] call spawn_static;

/*

IGLA ROCKETS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/// Sets behavior of AI groups 
ai_combatmode = "RED";
ai_behaviour = "COMBAT";

This code is from the AIconfig.sqf file.

In a previous post the explanation for "ai_behaviour" was given as:

Here are the different ai_beahaviour you can use.

• SAFE, CARELESS - Units will stay upright
  • AWARE, COMBAT - Units will stay upright most of the time, kneeling down occasionally
  • STEALTH - Units will be prone most of the time

However, can you please give me an explanation of the "ai_combatmode" setting?  What is the "RED" mode and what other modes are there?