Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

A couple of questions:

I run a PVE server and I don't want players to lose humanity at hero missions.

• Can I change hero missions into bandits ones?
  • Can I change the humanity lost from killing heros into humanity gain?
  • I read somewhere that it might be possible to make a hero mission friendly to player heros, is this the case and if so, how is it defined?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Andy

they have the new WAI mission system that has hero and bandit missions.. if you look on the epochmods section you should see it. 

how do I add this to my server I have looked in my mission pbo and there is no system folder I am fairly new to this stuff so I am a little confused please help

it doesn't go in the mission.pbo, it goes in the dayz_server.pbo which is housed under @DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons

you might want to try building a test server, and blowing it up a few times. it may keep you out of trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I added the WAI folder to my Dayz_server folder i added the commands, im not sure what is going on, i followed the instructions with the newest update 2.2.0 and nothing happens, keep in mind my server is a Panthera Dayz epoch server.

Im hosting from vilayer, if im correct, i place the WAI folder inside the Dayz_epoch folder right? so it should look like this? vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch/WAI/init.sqf   right?

I added the WAI folder to my Dayz_server folder i added the commands, im not sure what is going on, i followed the instructions with the newest update 2.2.0 and nothing happens, keep in mind my server is a Panthera Dayz epoch server.

Im hosting from vilayer, if im correct, i place the WAI folder inside the Dayz_epoch folder right? so it should look like this? vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch/WAI/init.sqf   right?

Nope - you need to download and unpack your server pbo. And put the WAI folder in the root directory. The Server pbo is normally located here:-

\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server.pbo

I would like to add a AT to some ai. need a little help

in the examples in the default.sqf it shows

"Random", or ["Random","at"], // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher

do i make it look like this   

[953.237,4486.48,0.001], // Position
4,                                      // Number Of units
"Random",                        // Skill level of unit (easy, medium, hard, extreme, Random)

"Random","at",               // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher

4,                                     // Number of magazines
"Random",                        // Backpack classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random",                      // Skin classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random",                       // Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set
"Bandit"                            // AI Type, "Hero" or "Bandit".
] call spawn_group;

I would like to add a AT to some ai. need a little help

in the examples in the default.sqf it shows

"Random", or ["Random","at"], // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher

do i make it look like this   

"Random",                        // Skill level of unit (easy, medium, hard, extreme, Random)

"Random","at",               // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher

"Random",                        // Backpack classname, use "Random" or classname here
"Random",                      // Skin classname, use "Random" or classname here
] call spawn_group;

Hi Thug  for AT launchers use this format 

["Random","at"],              // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
] call spawn_group;

For AA launchers

["Random","aa"],              // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
] call spawn_group;

Hi Thug  for AT launchers use this format 

["Random","at"],              // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
] call spawn_group;

For AA launchers

["Random","aa"],              // Primary gun set number and rocket launcher. "Random" for random weapon set, "at" for anti-tank, "aa" for anti-air launcher
] call spawn_group;

Thank you for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Without skimming through all 50 + pages, can someone tell me if there is a way to make multiple types of static weapon spawn at a mission? It seems as though the weapon is either random, or predefined, but whatever it is, there is only one kind at each mission. So if the M2 is selected, there will be several M2's but ONLY M2's.

I was thinking something like this

//Static Guns
	[[
		[(_position select 0) + 25, (_position select 1) + 25, 0],
		[(_position select 0) - 25, (_position select 1) - 25, 0]
	],["M2StaticMG","DSHKM_Ins"],"extreme","Hero","Hero",0,2,"Random","Random",_mission] call spawn_static;

Would that work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, So I had DZMS and WAi installed, and everything was fine and working... then I took the server down, backed up my files, and tried loading in a new building script. It didn't work, so I deleted my mission and server pbo and reloaded from the backup. 

Now, the missions spawn and all the ai kill each other. usually 2 live, and have what seems to be "fast fire" and Unlimited ammo... as if they had Infistar on and were using it. The crates also, most of the time, don't spawn any loot. 

Checking my Rpt it says this when loading a mission now (never use to) 

http://pastebin.com/9TfLBmxs

Also I find out that a standard player can't kill those last one or two Ai... I can, as an Admin, though. 

Ok, So I had DZMS and WAi installed, and everything was fine and working... then I took the server down, backed up my files, and tried loading in a new building script. It didn't work, so I deleted my mission and server pbo and reloaded from the backup. 

Now, the missions spawn and all the ai kill each other. usually 2 live, and have what seems to be "fast fire" and Unlimited ammo... as if they had Infistar on and were using it. The crates also, most of the time, don't spawn any loot. 

Checking my Rpt it says this when loading a mission now (never use to) 

http://pastebin.com/9TfLBmxs

Also I find out that a standard player can't kill those last one or two Ai... I can, as an Admin, though. 

Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say you updated your antihack? Perhaps there might be an experimental variable which moves the ai to the client that you may need to set to false? 

Any time there is something you can do as an "admin" that regular players cannot is more than most likely antihack related.

hi there for the missions (without going through 50 pages)

is it possible under the _position = [80] call find_position; is it possible to change these to a series of grid references for the mission to spawn for example the beachhead mission

cheers 

Im gonna take a stab in the dark and say you updated your antihack? Perhaps there might be an experimental variable which moves the ai to the client that you may need to set to false? 

Any time there is something you can do as an "admin" that regular players cannot is more than most likely antihack related.

You were right. I had updated Infistar the previous night, when I got their email. I rolled it back to the previous version and everything was ok. I'll have to look through it and fine out where anything is in it to set to true or false. Thanks

You were right. I had updated Infistar the previous night, when I got their email. I rolled it back to the previous version and everything was ok. I'll have to look through it and fine out where anything is in it to set to true or false. Thanks

I gave you a huge hint. Ill go one step further.

/* *experimental* - will transfer serverside units (including mission AI) to clientside */

• 1 month later...

thanks for the info! this fixed the loot boxes

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for this great script :) But I've got a problem with the spawning of missions. I have a Overpoch Origins server so that the map is taviana. By default settings of the find_position.sqf the missions always spawn on mountains. So I've configured static positions where missions can spawn but I've got a problem with this. If someone completes a mission there often spawns a new mission exactly at this position although there are many other positions. This is my find_position.sqf:

if(isServer) then {

private ["_i","_traders","_possiblePositions","_validspot","_position"];

markerready = false;

if(use_blacklist) then {
        _possiblePositions = [
            [8421.72, 20052.3, 0],
            [8859.07, 19218.7, 0],
            [10034.7, 18686.6, 0],
            [10623.7, 17509.4, 0],
            [12156.2, 14931.4, 0],
            [12975.7, 13520.5, 0],
            [13383.7, 11971.1, 0],
            [16146.7, 14680.8, 0],
            [13097.6, 19218.2, 0],
            [17001.7, 8532.04, 0],
            [17667.5, 7506.71, 0],
            [16974.9, 6138.25, 0],
            [7947.84, 7757.94, 0],
            [9156.91, 5646.49, 0],
            [8469.61, 2989.28, 0],
            [4446.66, 6406.61, 0],
            [4722.83, 7931.13, 0],
            [7695.86, 6956.98, 0],
            [5873.4,  16301.1, 0]
        ];
    } else {
        _possiblePositions = [
            [8421.72, 20052.3, 0],
            [8859.07, 19218.7, 0],
            [10034.7, 18686.6, 0],
            [10623.7, 17509.4, 0],
            [12156.2, 14931.4, 0],
            [12975.7, 13520.5, 0],
            [13383.7, 11971.1, 0],
            [16146.7, 14680.8, 0],
            [13097.6, 19218.2, 0],
            [17001.7, 8532.04, 0],
            [17667.5, 7506.71, 0],
            [16974.9, 6138.25, 0],
            [7947.84, 7757.94, 0],
            [9156.91, 5646.49, 0],
            [8469.61, 2989.28, 0],
            [4446.66, 6406.61, 0],
            [4722.83, 7931.13, 0],
            [7695.86, 6956.98, 0],
            [5873.4,  16301.1, 0]
        ];
    };

_validspot     = false;
    _i             = 1;

while{!_validspot} do {

_position     = _possiblePositions call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
        _i             = _i + 1;
        _validspot    = true;

if (_position call inDebug) then { if(debug_mode) then {diag_log("WAI: Invalid Position (Debug)");}; _validspot = false; };

if(_validspot && wai_avoid_water != 0) then {
            if ([_position,wai_avoid_water] call isNearWater) then { if(debug_mode) then {diag_log("WAI: Invalid Position (Water)");}; _validspot = false; };
        };

if (_validspot && isNil "infiSTAR_LoadStatus1" && wai_avoid_town != 0) then {
            if ([_position,wai_avoid_town] call isNearTown) then {  if(debug_mode) then {diag_log("WAI: Invalid Position (Town)");}; _validspot = false; };
        }; // ELSE infoSTAR is enabled, need to find another method of finding near towns

if(_validspot && wai_avoid_road != 0) then {
            if ([_position,wai_avoid_road] call isNearRoad) then { if(debug_mode) then {diag_log("WAI: Invalid Position (Road)");}; _validspot = false; };
        };

if (_validspot && wai_avoid_missions != 0) then {
            if(debug_mode) then { diag_log("WAI DEBUG: FINDPOS: Checking nearby mission markers: " + str(wai_mission_markers)); };
            {
                if (getMarkerColor _x != "" && (_position distance (getMarkerPos _x) < wai_avoid_missions)) exitWith { if(debug_mode) then {diag_log("WAI: Invalid Position (Marker: " + str(_x) + ")");}; _validspot = false; };
            } count wai_mission_markers;
        };

if (_validspot && wai_avoid_traders != 0) then {
            if(debug_mode) then { diag_log("WAI DEBUG: FINDPOS: Checking nearby trader markers: " + str(trader_markers)); };
            {
                if (getMarkerColor _x != "" && (_position distance (getMarkerPos _x) < wai_avoid_traders)) exitWith { if(debug_mode) then {diag_log("WAI: Invalid Position (Marker: " + str(_x) + ")");}; _validspot = false; };
            } count trader_markers;
        };

if(_validspot) then {

if(debug_mode) then { diag_log("Loop complete, valid position " +str(_position) + " in " + str(_i) + " attempts"); };

};

};
    _position set [2, 0];
    _position
};

Is there a way to configure that after cleaning a mission runs a timer that no other mission can spawn at this position for 30 minutes for example? I would be very grateful if anyone has a solution for this.

Best regards,

GudrunGisela

• 4 weeks later...
Getting this spammed in my RPT logs, any ideas of the issue here?

Also:

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\hero\black_hawk_down.sqf not found

Error in expression <Kills",(_banditkills + 1),true];
};
};

if (ai_clear_body) then {
{_unit removeM>
Error position: <if (ai_clear_body) then {
{_unit removeM>
Error if: Type Number, expected Bool
File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\on_kill.sqf, line 64

Thanks for any help.