epoch shed_safetyvehicle.sqf issue

theduke

Question

So recently, not sure why it hasnt been reported before, but if players pull their vehicles from the VG, the vehicle blows up and it kills them.

this is the error it gives.

22:29:15 ["z\addons\dayz_server\system\scheduler\sched_safetyVehicle.sqf","KILLING A HACKER","Payden"," IN ","BAF_Apache_AH1_D"]

Now this wouldnt make any sense to add all vehicles to the DZE_safeVehicle array lol.  

Im just not sure how to work with this

any help would be appreciated

Duke

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, salival said:

Are they being spawned in with a server side script? or is it client side that spawns the vehicle?

If only your virtual garage was on github!

hmm good question..

ok ill add it to the github when i get home from work lol

it needs to satisfy these conditions https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_server/system/scheduler/sched_safetyVehicle.sqf#L4

i.e. the class is case sensitive in DZE_safeVehicle, and when you create the vehicle (you should use server_publishVehicle2.sqf) you need to add it to the array dayz_serverObjectMonitor

dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_object];

Ok so i never got the time to actually sit down and do this. but......

Today, we had 19 players on the server, a player purchased a lil bird from trader, got in it and it blew up.

I checked the logs and sure enough "KILLING A HACKER"

Now my Server FPS was at 4, which is pretty low.  Im currently having issues where the server crashs at least once a day, and it takes 20 min for it to restart...

So thats another problem in itself...  Im just wondering if lag can cause this killing a hacker issue, and if so, i wont bother trying to add exceptions   just fix the darn lag...

26 minutes ago, theduke said:

Ok so i never got the time to actually sit down and do this. but......

Today, we had 19 players on the server, a player purchased a lil bird from trader, got in it and it blew up.

I checked the logs and sure enough "KILLING A HACKER"

Now my Server FPS was at 4, which is pretty low.  Im currently having issues where the server crashs at least once a day, and it takes 20 min for it to restart...

So thats another problem in itself...  Im just wondering if lag can cause this killing a hacker issue, and if so, i wont bother trying to add exceptions   just fix the darn lag...

There should be nothing you need to do/exempt for a trader purchased vehicle. It works perfectly.

I'm guessing it just took a while to process the request/init of the vehicle, which judging by your server fps and players you can't do a lot of.

19 players and 4 fps is just too low imo.

*edit* looking at the code in dayz_server\compile\server_publishVehicle2.sqf it adds the vehicle you've purchased to the array dayz_serverObjectMonitor pretty early on just after the createVehicle

Just now, salival said:

There should be nothing you need to do/exempt for a trader purchased vehicle. It works perfectly.

I'm guessing it just took a while to process the request/init of the vehicle, which judging by your server fps and players you can't do a lot of.

19 players and 4 fps is just too low imo.

yes i agree its too low.. Something is causing it and im not sure.  If going to try a few things from the research i've done, and if nothing ill create another post about that... dont want to mix up posts...

Thanks for the advice

Just now, theduke said:

yes i agree its too low.. Something is causing it and im not sure.  If going to try a few things from the research i've done, and if nothing ill create another post about that... dont want to mix up posts...

Thanks for the advice

Was there any relevant errors in the server RPT about the same time? I'm on discord if you want to chat.

53 minutes ago, theduke said:

Thanks for the advice

The virtual garage script does not use server_publishVehicle2, it uses server_spawnVehicle. However, it appears that the server_spawnVehicle file has the correct line, so this shouldn't be happening. Have you made any recent changes? Because I feel that your thread would have blown up if this was happening to everyone else....