Future of Arma 3: Epoch Mod

vbawol

Creation of Arma 3: Epoch Mod started on December 15th 2013, and while community support has had its ups and downs along with the contest it did encourage us to spend more time working on the project. Epoch was a top 10 finalist in the MANW total conversion category and won the popular community vote and that I am very grateful for.

Epoch Development Team are all volunteers and have each put in hundreds if not thousands of unpaid hours into helping create and release Epoch Mod for everyone to enjoy. Making game ready Arma assets, game modes etc. is not easy and can be very time-consuming. Special thanks go to all those that have supported us throughout our development! Epoch Mod would not exist without you! 

Plans for next year include working with the community to further refine the MP survival framework and adding more support for singleplayer editor based missions and scenarios. The 1.0 update will bring a massive release of all remaining asset sources under APL-SA, and will be considered in the hands of the community to fork and develop as they choose. 

Happy Holidays and New Year! Cheers to the pursuit of the next big thing!

"I think the next big thing could be opening up Arma 3 to paid user-made content. It’s great to see talented mod-makers pulling off amazing missions, add-ons and mods as free content, but if we manage to find some incentive for the best mod-makers to develop more content, I think we can raise the bar even higher. I want to push this effort in two distinct ways, and I consider these as a priority for next year. We are going to announce more specific details in the coming months."

Source: https://arma3.com/news/report-in-marek-spanel-ceo

• vbawol pinned and featured this topic
  • vbawol unpinned this topic
  • 4 years later...

"I think the next big thing could be opening up Arma 3 to paid user-made content. It’s great to see talented mod-makers pulling off amazing missions, add-ons and mods as free content, but if we manage to find some incentive for the best mod-makers to develop more content, I think we can raise the bar even higher. I want to push this effort in two distinct ways, and I consider these as a priority for next year. We are going to announce more specific details in the coming months."

Did anything ever some from this ? i.e. getting paid to mod ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:40 PM, axeman said:

Did anything ever some from this ? i.e. getting paid to mod ?

Getting paid to mod has been happening in Arma 3 since 2013, just not in any professional form. I cant imagine the numbers involved in life/epoch/exile etc modding scenes and how much people have 'earned'.

CDLC programs are nothing like mods, they are created addons that have to live inside BI & Arma 3's commercial boundaries, with no financial return or success guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Discord