Looking For Roaming Trader

• 7 months later...

Iwbuk is correct. I only used 1 trader through this method, but you could make as many as you want, and the default is like 14 traders around the map. I used the hero trader with a bit of modification to my a simple roaming trader.

Although, I did not get this to work on Epoch 1.0.6 so I ended up making my own script using Epoch Events. If you are using Epoch 1.0.6, I can share my current roaming trader script (still a bit buggy sometimes), or maybe you can figure out how to fix this script for Epoch 1.0.6.

it works really well, however I wanted to delete all except for the heli traders. I was able to get rid of the others, but I cont seem to figure out how to get rid of all the other markers,

and on another note, I was trying to find a different roaming trader script i have seen on other servers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 7:05 PM, looter809 said:

Iwbuk is correct. I only used 1 trader through this method, but you could make as many as you want, and the default is like 14 traders around the map. I used the hero trader with a bit of modification to my a simple roaming trader.

Although, I did not get this to work on Epoch 1.0.6 so I ended up making my own script using Epoch Events. If you are using Epoch 1.0.6, I can share my current roaming trader script (still a bit buggy sometimes), or maybe you can figure out how to fix this script for Epoch 1.0.6.

Hey @looter809, I would be interested in how you got the roaming trader to work through the epoch events. I tried doing that myself already and so far I got the messages to work so far but can't seem to get the marker or trader to display. I started with just the basics as I built up the file instead of going all out and not having it work lol.

@JohnnyBravo666 Well, the simple explanation is basically create an AI and disable simulation (can see plenty of examples in the 1.0.6 events) and then create a menu in your MPMissions and server side as you would for a regular trader.

See these for examples:

to add the menu: 

Here's a bit of mine that makes the marker work each time it spawns instead of only the first time.

_traderLocation = createMarker [ format ["loot_event_marker_%1", _start_time], _position];
_traderLocation setMarkerText "Roaming Trader";
_traderLocation setMarkerShape "ICON";
_traderLocation setMarkerType "Strongpoint";
_traderLocation setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_traderLocation setMarkerAlpha 1;
_traderLocation setMarkerSize [0.8,0.8];

_traderRadius = createMarker [ format ["loot_event_marker_%2", _start_time], _position];
_traderRadius setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_traderRadius setMarkerType "Cricle01";
_traderRadius setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";
_traderRadius setMarkerAlpha 0.8;
_traderRadius setMarkerBrush "DiagGrid";
_traderRadius setMarkerSize [(_markerRadius + 50), (_markerRadius + 50)];