Players kicked for moving safes

BetterDeadThanZed

It seems when players try to move a safe, they get a BE kick:

[23/04/16 | 04:40] Player #0 Snitzle (UID DELETED) has been kicked by BattlEye: DeleteVehicle Restriction #1 

23.04.2016 01:42:25: Snitzle (IP DELETED:2504) UID DELETED- #1 4:8 Safe_SIM_EPOCH

I tried adding an exception to my deletevehicle.txt file but they still get kicked:

5 "" !="I_UAV_01_F" !="(I|B|O)_UAV_AI" !"_EPOCH" !="B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless_Red_splash" !="B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Yellow_splash" !="B_(Swing|Stick)" !"^SmokeShell" !"^G_40mm_" !"^F_40mm_" !"Sub_F_" !"^F_Signal_" !="mini_Grenade" !="GrenadeHand" !="LaserTarget(C|W|E)" !"^Chemlight_" !="(ClaymoreDirectionalMine|DemoCharge|SatchelCharge)_Remote_Ammo" !="SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Ammo"  !="(CMflare_Chaff|Sapper_Charge|SapperB_Charge|ATMine_Range)_Ammo" !="APERS(TripMine_Wire|BoundingMine_Range|Mine_Range)_Ammo" !="Epoch_(Sapper|SapperB|Cloak)_F" !="GreatWhite_F" !="groundWeaponHolder" !="WeaponHolderSimulated" !="Epoch_(Male|Female)_F" !"Supply[0-9]" !"Steerable_Parachute_F" !="Epoch_Female_CamoRed_F" !="Land_Cages_F" !="(O|I|B)_UAV_01_backpack_F" !="I_(helipilot|helicrew)_F"
5 "_EPOCH" !="Epoch_(Sapper|Cloak)_F" !="(SapperHead|Jack|SolarGen)_SIM_EPOCH" !="Wood(Floor|LargeWall|Stairs|Ramp|Foundation|Ladder|Tower)_EPOCH" !="(Tipi|Workbench|StorageShelf|CinderWallHalf|Foundation|Wood(Floor|LargeWall|Stairs|Ramp|Foundation|Ladder|Tower))_Ghost_EPOCH" !="(Tipi|StorageShelf|Safe|LockBox|FirePlace|FirePlaceOn|PlotPole|SolarGen|Jack|Freezer|Tarp|CinderWallHalf|Bobber)_EPOCH" !="I_(Soldier[1-3]|Soldier)_EPOCH" !="(Bed|locker|Filing|Chair|ChairRed|wardrobe|cooker|Couch|Table|Pelican|Fridge|Shelf|ToolRack|Shoebox|Bunk|Rabbit|Cabinet)_EPOCH"  !="(Sheep|Goat|Snake|Snake2|Hen|Cock|Fin|Alsatian)_random_EPOCH" !="(Safe|Workbench|LockBox|CinderWall|CinderWallGarage|CinderWallHalf|PlotPole|Tipi|StorageShelf|Fireplace|TankTrap)_SIM_EPOCH" !="Wood(Floor|LargeWall|LargeWallCor|LargeWallDoor|LargeWallDoorL|LargeWallDoorway|Stairs|Stairs2|Ramp|Ladder|Tower)_SIM_EPOCH" !="(Hesco3|Metal)(_Ghost|_SIM|)_EPOCH" !="(Spike|Metal)_TRAP_SIM_EPOCH" !="(WoodFoundation|Foundation)_EPOCH" !="WoodWall[1-4](_SIM|_Ghost|)_EPOCH" !="Safe_SIM_EPOCH" !="PlotPole_SIM_EPOCH"

Hum that is odd then as the exception is in the filter, from what I can tell it should not be kicking for that classname:

!="(Safe|Workbench|LockBox|CinderWall|CinderWallGarage|CinderWallHalf|PlotPole|Tipi|StorageShelf|Fireplace|TankTrap)_SIM_EPOCH"

I tested and was able to actually move the object and did not get kicked, so I will need more testing to reproduce.

My players were getting this too. I saw that the exceptions were in deletevehicles,txt but I added:

!"_SIM_EPOCH"

and, with crossed fingers, I've not seen it since.

On a side note, createvehicles and deletevehicles BE filters seem much more picky than the others...

P.S. I use InfiStar too

2 hours ago, vbawol said:

Have either of your filters been edited? The filters can fail if they are too long. I may just recode the filters for these and see if I can slim them down a bit.

The only change I made to my deletevehicle.txt is trying to add exceptions for these kicks:

Spoiler

5 "" !="I_UAV_01_F" !="(I|B|O)_UAV_AI" !"_EPOCH" !="B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless_Red_splash" !="B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Yellow_splash" !="B_(Swing|Stick)" !"^SmokeShell" !"^G_40mm_" !"^F_40mm_" !"Sub_F_" !"^F_Signal_" !="mini_Grenade" !="GrenadeHand" !="LaserTarget(C|W|E)" !"^Chemlight_" !="(ClaymoreDirectionalMine|DemoCharge|SatchelCharge)_Remote_Ammo" !="SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Ammo"  !="(CMflare_Chaff|Sapper_Charge|SapperB_Charge|ATMine_Range)_Ammo" !="APERS(TripMine_Wire|BoundingMine_Range|Mine_Range)_Ammo" !="Epoch_(Sapper|SapperB|Cloak)_F" !="GreatWhite_F" !="groundWeaponHolder" !="WeaponHolderSimulated" !="Epoch_(Male|Female)_F" !"Supply[0-9]" !"Steerable_Parachute_F" !="Epoch_Female_CamoRed_F" !="Land_Cages_F" !="(O|I|B)_UAV_01_backpack_F" !="I_(helipilot|helicrew)_F"
5 "_EPOCH" !="Epoch_(Sapper|Cloak)_F" !="(SapperHead|Jack|SolarGen)_SIM_EPOCH" !="Wood(Floor|LargeWall|Stairs|Ramp|Foundation|Ladder|Tower)_EPOCH" !="(Tipi|Workbench|StorageShelf|CinderWallHalf|Foundation|Wood(Floor|LargeWall|Stairs|Ramp|Foundation|Ladder|Tower))_Ghost_EPOCH" !="(Tipi|StorageShelf|Safe|LockBox|FirePlace|FirePlaceOn|PlotPole|SolarGen|Jack|Freezer|Tarp|CinderWallHalf|Bobber)_EPOCH" !="I_(Soldier[1-3]|Soldier)_EPOCH" !="(Bed|locker|Filing|Chair|ChairRed|wardrobe|cooker|Couch|Table|Pelican|Fridge|Shelf|ToolRack|Shoebox|Bunk|Rabbit|Cabinet)_EPOCH"  !="(Sheep|Goat|Snake|Snake2|Hen|Cock|Fin|Alsatian)_random_EPOCH" !="(Safe|Workbench|LockBox|CinderWall|CinderWallGarage|CinderWallHalf|PlotPole|Tipi|StorageShelf|Fireplace|TankTrap)_SIM_EPOCH" !="Wood(Floor|LargeWall|LargeWallCor|LargeWallDoor|LargeWallDoorL|LargeWallDoorway|Stairs|Stairs2|Ramp|Ladder|Tower)_SIM_EPOCH" !="(Hesco3|Metal)(_Ghost|_SIM|)_EPOCH" !="(Spike|Metal)_TRAP_SIM_EPOCH" !="(WoodFoundation|Foundation)_EPOCH" !="WoodWall[1-4](_SIM|_Ghost|)_EPOCH" !"Safe_SIM_EPOCH" !"PlotPole_SIM_EPOCH"

Also, unrelated, sort of. I see there's another deletevehicle.txt kick today:

23.04.2016 15:48:44: Snitzle (IP DELETED) UID DELETED - #0 2:1023 I_helicrew_F

Strange, that class is also allowed in the first line:

!="I_(helipilot|helicrew)_F"

Can you double check you sure you are updating the correct BattlEye scripts folder (the one in your current profile folder sc/battleye)? If it was a problem with the filters I would have expected more reports by now. This just leaves me wondering what could be the issue. 

Update #2: While testing I tamed a Dog and got kicked for deleteVehicle #0

#0 2:1497 GroundWeaponHolder

with 

!="groundWeaponHolder"

As compared to createVehicle logs

#3 "Goat_random_EPOCH" 3:32 [5112,15422,73]

I see the issue now is that deleteVehicle uses a different format so the rules need to be reworked.

18 hours ago, vbawol said:

Have either of your filters been edited? The filters can fail if they are too long. I may just recode the filters for these and see if I can slim them down a bit.

The line length would definitely explain my createvehicle issues because I'd just added all the Ryan's Z&D's models and other filters to the first line... I'll split the lines up now, thanks!

I'd added !="groundWeaponHolder" to deletevehicle.txt the other day and didn't see that kick again. I assume you mean that the syntax of the BE exception is different but not that that filter in deletevehicle.txt doesn't work?

Hey guys, I rewrote the filter for deleteVehicle.txt if you can please test it and report back:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/38fd40ec37739e56ad861299712bf62f729e4422/Server_Install_Pack/sc/BattlEye/deleteVehicle.txt

Note that I changed the format for these exceptions as they actually have a number in front of them hence the "2:1497" in front of GroundWeaponHolder. The idea with the new filter is to match the preceding space just before the classname and I use $ to match it to the end of the string. Also, when testing I found that vehicles that are owned by the player do not get filtered via deleteVehicle.txt at all, might be a bug or a feature so I am confirming with BI.

22 minutes ago, vbawol said:

Hey guys, I rewrote the filter for deleteVehicle.txt if you can please test it and report back:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/38fd40ec37739e56ad861299712bf62f729e4422/Server_Install_Pack/sc/BattlEye/deleteVehicle.txt

Note that I changed the format for these exceptions as they actually have a number in front of them hence the "2:1497" in front of GroundWeaponHolder. The idea with the new filter is to match the preceding space just before the classname and I use $ to match it to the end of the string. Also, when testing I found that vehicles that are owned by the player do not get filtered via deleteVehicle.txt at all, might be a bug or a feature so I am confirming with BI.

I've added this to my server and will report any issues.

Without knowing what causes deleteVehicle to not return a class this should prevent that kick: 

!="[0-9]:[0-9]{1,4}"

provided that the first number is always a single digit and the second number is from 1 to 4 digits. It would be nice to know what the player was doing at the time of a kick like this, so if anyone finds out please let us know.

11 hours ago, vbawol said:

Without knowing what causes deleteVehicle to not return a class this should prevent that kick: 

provided that the first number is always a single digit and the second number is from 1 to 4 digits. It would be nice to know what the player was doing at the time of a kick like this, so if anyone finds out please let us know.

Thanks for the fix, and I will ask the admin on that server to ask the next time the kick occurs.

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2016 at 10:54 AM, vbawol said:

On 4/26/2016 at 10:10 PM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

On 4/26/2016 at 10:54 AM, vbawol said:

Greetings Vbawol, I too have seen a few kicks recently to delete vehicle restriction.  It all happened after adding CUP and/or Ryanzombies, and for the most part I have noticed the kick occurs when getting out of a vehicle, such as the tractor which comes in CUP Vehicles.  It kicked this morning for a vanilla Strider.  Thing is, when it kicks, it kicks everyone on the server.  My deletevehicle log, [removed player names (IP:port) and ID for this post]:

10.06.2016 00:46:11:  - #0 2:24346
10.06.2016 00:46:11:  - #0 2:24346
10.06.2016 22:31:57:  - #0 2:54173
11.06.2016 10:44:57:  - #0 2:167091

Not sure if this rule will work for me since the second number is 5 digits?  Thought I'd try !="[0-9]:[0-9]{1,5}", but I do not understand this format or how to address it in the corresponding text file.  Any suggestions?  This is as close to anything I can find trying to explain that log.

Thanks!

Since your also seeing 6 digit numbers (#0 2:167091) you should use [0-9]:[0-9]{1,6}. Also, are you restarting your server periodically or creating a lot of objects? I would not expect those numbers to be so large in normal use so if this is common issue we will change our stock filter. 

thx for the tip, so {1,6} covers up to 6 digits after the colon, not specific to 6 digits, good to know, thank you!  yes, I have auto-restarts every 4 hr as recommended, and yes, I have been quite a bit of content via Eden...mostly environmental objects, and a few Independent class AI as well as a handful of static ryanzombie regions.

that number in the deletevehicle log keeps getting larger:

Spoiler

...following the previously posted log:

12.06.2016  - #2 2:14711
12.06.2016  - #2 2:74759
13.06.2016 13:42:12:  - #2 2:807518
13.06.2016 18:55:40:  - #2 2:942086
13.06.2016 18:55:40:  - #2 2:942086
13.06.2016 21:43:50:  - #0 2:1002069
13.06.2016 22:12:00:  - #2 2:1010309

I cannot be 100% certain, but I feel as if the kick comes after a player exits a vehicle (certain on this piece) AND whatever is causing this number behind the colon to increase is behind the problem, i.e., when x:yyy goes to x:yyyy , then player exits vehicle = kick.  Kicks all players.

I'm concerned by your comment that the numbers are unusually high with normal use.  Suppose I could try something like !="[0-9]:[0-9]{1,x}", where x=10 or 12 or something, but that seems to be only a temporary solution, assuming x will continue to increase in size.  It's not a highly populated server by any stretch, and I have made no alterations since the original post.  I'm going to try that for now, just thought I'd let you know since you had some concern here...really got me puzzled.

It does seem odd as we have not had any other reports about this, It seems like these are objects that the server has spawned hence the 2: prefix and don't have a class it seems. Are you using https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createSimpleObject by chance? If not please explain how you added your extra buildings.

This should work no matter how long the number is: 

!="[0-9]:[0-9]+"