Vilayer - New Epoch Server Setup

illumiajavier

Question

Greetings all,

I purchased a DayZPackage 40 slot from Vilayer the other day - We had an Epoch server up and running for my clan and whoever wanted to join, but after I tried updating the traders with the Epoch.sql script, my game started giving anyone who tried to join an error of "incorrect server version". A SQL rollback didn't fix the issue either - so at this time I may be having them wipe my server completely and start from scratch. From the server files for 1.0.1.1 - How do I install these right off the bat from a newly setup server? I have access via HeidiSQL and FTP to the server itself and can make changes on the fly to the traders, but I'm not sure how to go about getting all the files in Vilayer's Epoch update to the correct version that's downloaded from this site:

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Server_Installation_Instructions

Basically, Vilayer's update disabled building and didn't give the traders the ability to sell plot poles or any of the new items - however, new items and backpacks and weapons were spawning from the newest patch. Pretty weird stuff. Can anyone provide me with a bit clearer instructions on what files I need to move to where within the database? If need be, I can PM you my connection details for the server.

Sincerely,

Javier Santana

21 answers to this question

vilayer have been having issues over the last few dayz

I already have a server with them and going to try re-setting it up later. 

The instructions providers by epoch work when setting up a dedicated server.

I am not a big fan of vilayer tbh but im not going to get into that here.

The instructions providers by epoch work when setting up a dedicated server.

Maca, I think I emailed you from reddit about the same issue, haha. I'm at the point where I want to just start from scratch - their update that came out last night / this morning completely hosed my database. My clan lost all their stored up items, for when I got the traders working, heh. You should make a tutorial or fraps your Epoch setup through Vilayer. It'd be much appreciated to see how someone with much more experience doing so, does things.

Thats not a bad shout. Also I do regular database backups (I have learned the hard way).

Here is a quick list of stuff to do (altho not 100% on it yet until i test it), this is from memory.

1. BACKUP/DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING JUST IN CASE.
  2. Uninstall everything on vilayer.
  3. Install mysql.
  4. Install BEC
  5. Install Epoch
  6. Do live sync
  7. Upload custom mission/server files to vilayercustomcode folder.
  8. Either edit in the config (i dont like this) or download the username_masterconfig folder - Careful this stuff can break the server if incorrect
    1. Set server name, difficulty, etc (this should only be in ####_config.cfg).
    2. For more control over difficulty, u will need to edit the username_masterconfig/Users/VilayerDayZEpoch/vilayersomething.arma2oaprofile - google it!
  9. Upload battleye scripts to username_masterconfig/Battleye
  10. Download BEC folder, uncomment the Scheduler = Scheduler.xml - Changing anything else could be bad.
  11. Edit Scheduler.xml to fit in with your server restarts - http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/setting-up-the-scheduler/
  12. Upload any files u have changed to the correct places.
  13. Start server but DONT join, upload mysql db backup if you have one.
  14. Restart server.
  15. Profit.

This is more or less from memory lol but the process is pretty much there.

I will edit once I have done it later

Matt

I'm with vilayer to, had the same issues as above, was down again last night/yest for some kinda security breach they said.

All runing fine now, editing players etc on the fly using navicat to connect with vilayer MySQL

No issues for 12 hours or so.....

TBH i found the support pretty good with fast responses to tickets & no loss of DB, without tryin to sound like a fanboiy..

im having the same problem with the traders, other then that everything appears to be working ok.

does anyone know how i would go about sorting the traders out? im guessing its just some missing info in the mysql database

Update:

Had Vilayer wipe my server setup and started fresh and followed Matt's steps. After step 6, I used HeidiSQL and ran the Epoch.sql script that force updates the trader's item stocks. It worked! I'm on my server now and verified that the traders do have plot poles and new weapons for sale. The Epoch.sql, in case anyone is wondering, is found in the SQL folder in this zip file:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dayzepoch/DayZ_Epoch_Server_1.0.1.1_Release.7z

With whatever SQL client you're using, pull the epoch.sql script out of the SQL folder and try running that against your database (while it's live), and then restart your server. Make a backup first, of course!

Vilayer has been good to me so far - I had a rough start of a setup, but overall they've been a pretty baller provider. They always get back to me within a day or two when I was having serious issues and like Maca suggests, their TS is a very viable way to get a hold of one of their crew directly. /endvilayerplug

On a side note, AI are now working and truly menacing (and drop gold), towing and lifting works, and base building and the items are all correct at traders, so I'm quite content with my server fot the time being. Thanks a lot for your help everyone, the quick responses and pooled knowledge was pretty awesome.