Disappearing of player Build bases.

MoSquTo

Hi All,

I momentarily have a problem that all our player bases are disappearing from our altis world.

This seems to happen after we started our server lastnight and even when I restore our database backup of 2 days ago it still removes all the player build bases.

we are currently running the latest EpochMod version 3.0.3 build 6 so I would suspect this this shouldn't happen.

Does any one has/had this same issue and or can help me with this?

Thanks!

MoSquTo

I have a wall that keeps despawning regardless of maintaining the jammer..

It's always the same wall and it's within 20m from the jammer.

Nothing else despawns.. Just that one wooden stud wall all the time.

I suspect somehow it is not included in the maintenance of the jammer regardless of it being within it's range.

Hi Vbawol,

Thats what I thought to!, but its strange that it 60% off the player basis and it unloading it even if I take an older database backup.

I have allready increase the expire date of buildings just to be sure and this also gave no result.

Is presume its a seperate SQL script that is running when the server boots up?

See here my RTP logs of a clean bootup.

http://pastebin.com/V6v3di4n

Many Thanks!

**Edit**

Quick extra info: 

Only part of the players bases have disappeared all their vehicles + Storage Shelf's etc. are still in the same spot.

Edited by MoSquTo

We've been getting issues with random base parts disappearing....just singular walls usually, and shelves seem to just vanish for no reason. No errors in the log, and trying to determine anything from redis manager seems to be an exercise in futility!

Base maintenance is set to 14 days on my server, but I usually maintain every few days anyway, and they still disappear. We even tried testing by interacting with shelves on a daily basis, and they still vanish.

Hi Kroenen,

Yes we are seeing the same issue on our side.

I have fix the despawning problem i had by changing the server date from the server to 2 days back.

This gave players to chance to get in and try repairing/maintance again to see if this fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have storage items (lockboxes shelves and tipis) included in the maintenance? Most of our playerbase have lots of shelves for sorting and storing items, and it should be able to be simply maintained. But the only way to stop them vanishing is actually taking the time to move items around in each and every container. Even just accessing the inventory on shelves doesn`t stop them despawning, when they should be covered under normal jammer maintenance.

one question ...

used everybody the lootspawner ? maybe if the lootspawner delete or clean the loot, then he clean a shelf or wall with him... i dont know, but maybe.... it was the same with the epoch loot.....i will try to test it and then i a add the nearjammerstuff to the lootspawner....

Check your EpochServer.log for any abuse logging related to bases as it sounds like the call that would normally extend the TTL is for some reason not being made. We have yet to reproduce this but it does not mean there is not an issue.

Hi Vbawol,

the only error message I got there is the following.

2015-05-28 21:39:12 [Abuse] SETEX key Vehicle:NA123:162 does not match the allowed syntax!

i do have to tell you that on our server it seemed to happend when we got more and more players in and more players means more shelfs being setup. (316 lockboxes and shelves are now in my server)

Yah its happened to us too  :blink:

when i told them that our base has gone the third time even with maintenance and all this crap.... i was made shut up with the comment: its the server... not the mod... no one else has this problem...

so much for that...

i knew i cant be the only one with that problem...

all my other servers run fine... so i cant be just to stupid to make an epoch server...

i wonder how many people there are with the same problem...

and what the devs say now...

usually i would rage on them now... rubbing them these posts under their noses... "I TOLD YOU...."

but to be honest... i just dont give 2 fucks anymore about it... since they know everything...what can we tell them...

its always the same procedure... they are failurefree... its our fault... if in doubt -> ban

i knew i cant be the only one with that problem...

all my other servers run fine... so i cant be just to stupid to make an epoch server...

i wonder how many people there are with the same problem...

and what the devs say now...

usually i would rage on them now... rubbing them these posts under their noses... "I TOLD YOU...."

but to be honest... i just dont give 2 fucks anymore about it... since they know everything...what can we tell them...

its always the same procedure... they are failurefree... its our fault... if in doubt -> ban

garge u been around I see you on the Opendayz community a lot lol I am working on some Zombies for Epoch ATM and its looking real Nice :) 

and again... my post  got deleted... because it makes them feel to be right...

but they didnt get the balls to answer on my pms about the ban of my first account yet... im still waiting

and yes.... i had an account here for a long time called Gagi2 which got banned for beging rude by saying whats on my mind and about the antihack of the one whos name cant be mentioned here ^^

and i am or i was very active on opendayz... atm im only looking at the new posts there once or twice a day...

im not putting too much work into epoch a3 atm... until all these bugs which only occur ON MY SERVER!!!!!!!! are fixed... which wont ever happen because its ONLY ON MY SERVER

I disagree if you want to hoard then maintain your shelves, tipis and lockboxes please do not include storage under maintenance. If your going to hoard then you pay the price of losing your storage if not updated.

That's a pretty silly argument really. You shouldn't have a maintain function, and only have it cover items x and z, it should cover EVERYTHING within the jammer range. Hoarders pay the price you speak of when they don't maintain...it's the whole point in having the decay function.