World limit and base building

speck

At the moment servers can increase world limits at cost of server performance but the building system at the moment is really not performance friendly.. Now the physX + building system is a pretty cool idea needs some polishing, which I'm sure it will receive. The problem with it is that players have to build so many more items to make a base now. They cant just snap in a new floor above them they have to build supports then add the floors. Now there is short cuts ,but the majority of players wont know them or use them. For instance if the physx was taken out servers that have a 5000 world limit might be able to cut 20%(1000 items) used in base building. Which, will help with performance.  Just food for thought what do ya'll think?

Truthfully I am sick of the physics in this game, base building is such a pain in the ass. It is almost at the point where it is not fun. I want to build a helipad and its more of a 12 hour chore than a fun 1-2 hour session. Some argue that the physics gives a sense a realism; it doesnt, you can ghetto float objects in the air. I know this is not DayZ Epoch, but ffs the building in that game was decent, just combine the 2 for a perfect utopia.

/endrant

Sorry, I love this mod but I cannot stand building in it currently.

Truthfully I am sick of the physics in this game, base building is such a pain in the ass. It is almost at the point where it is not fun. I want to build a helipad and its more of a 12 hour chore than a fun 1-2 hour session. Some argue that the physics gives a sense a realism; it doesnt, you can ghetto float objects in the air. I know this is not DayZ Epoch, but ffs the building in that game was decent, just combine the 2 for a perfect utopia.

/endrant

Newsflash: The building system is unfinished, the mod is unfinished, calm your titties! :D

/endrant

i just finshed my base and found away around the gravity aslong as you place the roof/floor parts starting at a wall peace in a corner, then you can snap one to another without any suppots, think it only works the first time you place it from your gear.

to cut by 1000, ok so misunderstoo, he meant 4000 instead of 5000. Stil too small though. Unless it is a server for you and your 2 friends, 5000 limit is a joke.

If you host Palace Queens , mine is 14 pcs , includes 2 secure floors , secure truck parking and a Heliport .

Newsflash: The building system is unfinished, the mod is unfinished, calm your titties! :D

:rolleyes: Yes this is an alpha, I do realize this is unfinished free mod. Is this needed to be said when I am simply voicing an opinion in a relevant thread?

I've come to accept the building in A3E.. 

It's just the way it is and you can work around the physics by putting up support walls/foundations and after the floors/ceilings are placed you can remove them and objects can float.  It just means a few more steps and some more wood is required.

The only thing that sort of ticks me is that objects can morph into other objects when initially placed but loose that functionality when moved so you are better off just removing objects and not moving them at all.

But hey.. It's a work in progress.

Looking forward to new building objects though as I feel they are badly needed.  Base building is so bland right now.

I've come to accept the building in A3E.. 

It's just the way it is and you can work around the physics by putting up support walls/foundations and after the floors/ceilings are placed you can remove them and objects can float.  It just means a few more steps and some more wood is required.

The only thing that sort of ticks me is that objects can morph into other objects when initially placed but loose that functionality when moved so you are better off just removing objects and not moving them at all.

But hey.. It's a work in progress.

Looking forward to new building objects though as I feel they are badly needed.  Base building is so bland right now.

Agreed, I just feel that if people are going to work around the physics by building then removing the objects to reach the same conclusion, then why have the extra steps.

Also in agreement that sky bases were stupid.

I was more ranting last night because I was pissed off hahaha. 

1000 limit? Are you joking? My smallest base with no security measures had 100 pieces and you think servers should allow only 10 people to build bases? Even 5000 is very small limit.

cut a 1000 items off big servers read please

Most players do discover they don't need supports so in theory you would be correct they really aren't needed but this also eliminates sky bases which I am all for supports for now

First of of all I'm only stating a fact that if physx is removed it will only aid in server performance by making head room in the world limit and secondly you can still build sky bases even with physx