Drones and Other stuff

omega13

Just from a player perspective, too many drones, literally you can walk around and they spawn, 2-3 sometimes on people which with missions and other things going on makes it unenjoyable to play, even when building it takes away as you have to deal with drones, can we get an option to edit their spawn %, it is really rough for players and we have no control right now on them. Also, looking back on some old arma 2 stuff, running like overpoch, is it possible to start putting more vehicles in like there use to be? Police cars for admins, maybe some other vehicles, just doesn't seem to be a lot. I do really like the snapping now with the building materials is a nice feel reminding me of the old Arma 2 building actions. Other then the drones I really think 3.0.1 isn't too bad, you guys did a good job on getting it out, thank you!

I also think the drones are spawning way too often and the blast radius of the sappers is a bit much.If you try to be stealthy it is impossible as there is no way to take out the antagonist's quietly which i really like in Dayz.I like the pvp aspect of the game but you end up fighting the AI most of the time so me and my friends are not digging the new patch  :[ 

Yep, I totally agree with this topic.Far too many drones. Don't get me wrong I'm all for keeping players on their toes but this is ridiculous.

The sapper situation is a parallel problem as well.The server lag created by having these two antagonist categories set to reoccur so frequently is too much.

Please make these two antagonist categories adjustable via config.

zenithbanner.png

Don't forget the constant rain, ladders that throw you off the top, AI with limitless ammo/meds/and bullets that swerve up and over rock walls and through trees and buildings, cars that explode and kill all occupants (which means your whole squad is either yelling at the driver or disconnecting), saving "too near" a wall killing you upon re logging, sappers that now follow up in buildings and up ladders and promptly vaporize you/the building/all your gear and kryto, AI that have dead-on accuracy over 600m with LMG'S/carbines/PDW's with frequent one-hit kills, AI with aimbot and ESP that can take 5+ center-mass hits and keep doling hits with no impaired aim or mobility, demolition explosives that fail to breach bases EVERY TIME, ununflyable mozzies, drones that spawn AI IMMEDIATELY after apprearing, and sappers that spawn one after another FOREVEVER.

Did I miss anything? Don't get me wrong, I love this mod with the same obsessive mania that most players do...but WTF, devs??? You do WANT to people to play this mod don't you? Are we supposed to die to relentless bullshit every two minutes and never build a base?

I know some of this stuff is server admin stuff (already posted on his forum too)...but cut us some slack. No one else I know will play this game for the reasons listed above...maybe try to balance the challenge a bit, huh?

I've been playing Epoch now for almost 2 months and enjoy every second of it. I'm very much a PVE type player, enjoying the AI fights and base building, exploring, finding the random spawned vehicles etc. And because of my PVE inclanation being base raided 5 out of the 7 days of a week was no fun anymore, especially when the only goal for the attackers were to detroy and leave without looting. Now with the increased spawn rates there are quite a bit to keep the base raiders occupied, but WOW its hectic spawn rates.

Last night while looting a dead sapper one spawned right on the other ones corpse. Over the weekend while setting up or shelves in the base, Mr Boss Sapper gently strolled through the wall and promptly leveled our entire base and all 3 group members. While relocating after Mr Boss Sapper, another "small" sapper came to visit me upstairs in a world house where I was busy putting gear in a lock box. The door was locked through which he walked... :blink: .

I understand the reasoning behind the anti camping idea from a PVE and PVP perspective but I think it might need a bit of work still.

IF... and it is a big IF, this was real life survival one would find a place to camp and make sure its safe to loot the area or find supplies...? Secondly a drone would be followed by soldiers/ rebels some distance behind. So instead of having them spawn 0.0000001 sec after the drone spots you, have a vechile spawn 800m or so away which will drop the AI off with in 300m radius of the player... ? Lastly Mr Boss Sapper, a very good idea I just think he needs a bit of tweaking as well. Here is why I say so. They idea behind the anti camping script might be to have people less stationary waiting to pick of easy targets and give them something to worry about, which I agree to, but to have the Sapper come and destroy the place/ surroundings entirely might be a bit much. The toxic gas is a great idea, so how about giving the boss sapper high damage but instead of destroying everything have the cloud of gas stick around the area for 10 min or so. The camper will still not be able to go back to his original camping spot....

I do enjoy the latest release of the Epoch mod and congratulate the developers on what they have achieved thus far. Being in the development side of IT solutions myself I understand the work and effort going into creating something everyone enjoys.

Heard a drone coming so I went into a building and up onto the second floor.

Went AFK for 2 minutes and came back to......

3 drones and 2 sappers

Good times..

/LOG OUT

The bad call in my opinion was when they did this :   "ON BY DEFAULT"

Same here:

my Server i8s Running 3h

After the half time the server Crashing everytime

For admins it makes no sense to Host the server atm till this huge Server Performace eating isnt fixed.

Regards

Same here:

my Server i8s Running 3h

After the half time the server Crashing everytime

For admins it makes no sense to Host the server atm till this huge Server Performace eating isnt fixed.

Regards

It's never makes sense for the light hearted admins to host any alpha game! 

I bet Epoch Devs wish they didnt release the server files so early, we would have had full official server hosts only full with players, but I guess the downside would have been lack of donations ..

It's sad that most of the complaints are coming from admins and how they cant configure this and that, while I think admins feedback is valuable, the lack of feedback from real players is really sad..

Just looked at the amount of empty epoch servers, its scary! why are there huge demand for server admins vs players??

^^^ My guess is that there are so many who want this mod and that mod to supplement Epoch at this stage of development.  The problem is the typical Arma 3 player does not want to deal with the hassle of keeping up with mods and therefore the servers are very low pop, and those typical players don't join low pop servers if there are ones with higher pops