Server Updates?

Syotos

Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard nothing about when there is going to be a 3.0.1 update for servers. I downloaded the clientside update from 2.5.2 to 3.0.1 and yet I cannot play anymore because the majority of all epoch servers run 2.5.2 (why realease the client update before the server updates, I dont know) but I would like to get back into playing so does anyone know of any eta for the arrival of the server updates. if not is there anywhere on the internet (none that I have found yet) that I can download the older files (2.5.2) whether that be through someone uploading them, dropboxing, mediafire, etc.

Thanks, I'd really apprieciate being able to play again.

Dev servers and official hosts have the 0.3.0.1 server files, once bugs are reported they'll get fixed and then the server files will be available to all.

To be fair there are some huge changes from 0.2.5.1 to 0.3.0.1, just read the changelog, there are however some bugs, reported ones will be fixed, might take the dev team a day or it could be a week to fix.

Yes use A3 launcher

A3 as in the vanilla launcher like through steam? if so ive tried it, but all the epoch files I have are 3.0.1

Also Is there no official eta for the arrival of server update 3.0.1 for the unofficial servers?

Dev servers and official hosts have the 0.3.0.1 server files, once bugs are reported they'll get fixed and then the server files will be available to all.

To be fair there are some huge changes from 0.2.5.1 to 0.3.0.1, just read the changelog, there are however some bugs, reported ones will be fixed, might take the dev team a day or it could be a week to fix.

How's the current build looking, Richie?  Any major blocking issues on the server side that you've seen?

How's the current build looking, Richie?  Any major blocking issues on the server side that you've seen?

It's really really good, I like it and so do my regulars :)

The new trader missions can be exploited though, not a major bug but it's an easy exploit that most player will figure out.

Also when you die you don't lose Crypto, Antagonist need a tweak, I've seen 10 UAV hoverring over me in 1 go, imagine how many Ai they could spawn :lol: sappers are the same, new sappers are like small nukes when they go boom.

Few other small things but overall a really decent patch, feel free to jump on my server and bug hunt, quicker they're found and fixed the sooner the files go public.

*Edit*

and the groups bug seems to be fixed, had no reports of anyone having issues creating/changing groups

252 files are still on the download page here.  You can have both on your pc and switch them back and forth in your enabled expansions/mods in game.  I do when I occasionally play on Mells House.

By chance are you using PlayWithSix?

I am using playwithsix but can you post a link to the downloads page where they have 2.5.2

epochmod.com/download.php

First few links are for .3.0.1, then .2.5.2 are under that.  Even have manual install instructions at bottom of the page.

Just a guess but it might be the huge link on the front page that says "download mod"

I tried that but its labeled as 2.5.2 but when you download either version they are already updated 3.0.1

10 UAV's.. ouch.

Bit overkill.. just a bit.

It's like you got your own AI mission following you around the map.

Lead them to big base occupied and unleash the fury.

Newest troll move

Sounds awesome. They could remove Electronic Components completely from regular loot spawn with this! Making Drones an essential and unique source for certain items.. maybe inc metal scraps too :)

Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard nothing about when there is going to be a 3.0.1 update for servers. I downloaded the clientside update from 2.5.2 to 3.0.1 and yet I cannot play anymore because the majority of all epoch servers run 2.5.2 (why realease the client update before the server updates, I dont know) but I would like to get back into playing so does anyone know of any eta for the arrival of the server updates. if not is there anywhere on the internet (none that I have found yet) that I can download the older files (2.5.2) whether that be through someone uploading them, dropboxing, mediafire, etc.

Why did you update in the first place?

1-2 weeks ETA on server files, that was posted by awol a week ago, so hopefully it will be soon. 

why release the files? well it's pretty logical really....

well what better way to test the new version for bugs on the official servers, than by letting people play and report?

if you ever see the letters RC in something's version number, it stands for release candidate. so it's almost- but not quite ready. and is for testing purposes. 

@Richie, have the problems with reviving a player (namely being unable to revive when you should be able to and saying "you can only be revived once" when you haven't been revived before) been fixed?

@Richie, have the problems with reviving a player (namely being unable to revive when you should be able to and saying "you can only be revived once" when you haven't been revived before) been fixed?

Yes revive works fine as it should do, just tested :)