Building/Crafting Ideas for future development

SPIB0X

1 hour ago, Grahame said:

R3F gives towing, lifting and carrying. Is that what you mean. Check the scripts sub forum (for Epoch packed version). Sorry for no link on phone atm

Yes I am aware there are at least 2 mods providing this functionality as I have mentioned above. 
What I mean is, having this lift/tow functionality in the best Arma 3 mod as a built-in function (hint: Epoch Survival Sandbox) it is so basic it should be default - hence the post in Suggestions section.

edit: Also, computermancer's earplugs (with auto on/off feature) should be built-in too, with a default setting of ON. If you don't want it, simply turn it OFF [as the serverOwner]. Furthermore players, on a individual basis, have the option to turn it ON/OFF so it will not make anybody's life more difficult but will be loved by many (check the post count in that thread - many serverOwners love it).

Vehicle towing / lifting is debatable, as mentioned above its difficult without a vehicle to, well get anywhere, particularly on servers where established groups are out to get everyone. 

Adding further vehicle hogging ability is just going to add to that and put off new starters.

For me, this is the biggest problem, people love the concept, join a busy server then get endlessly shot on sight (or sniped from afar) until they get fed up and try another mod / game.

I have felt this on a 'popular server in the UK', played for nearly two weeks with my lad and we almost had enough gear to build a jammer.

Granted we did make some newbie mistakes, parking a found chopper near the central trader and spending many lives keeping it locked and trying to repair it only to be taken out every time by a patient (with a local base) sniper, so they could take it and sell it.

We managed to get most of the way across the island, up north. Investigating a base from our boat and being taken out by someone well armed again was the final straw.

I think what i am getting at is there needs to be a leveling of the playing field before giving more advantages to the established players / groups. In my opinion.

Something that doesn't involve crawling across Altis in prone and hiding in ditches.

I know there are going to be cries of 'go play Minecraft', from the established and people able to spend all day and night keeping that foothold. They are all salty tears to my ears :)

Tow/lift is fine the way it is. If you allow mass towing then that's people will do to build up krypto. Sell all the vehicles, then buy all the building supplies from traders and new players will have to do all the grinding. Most will just leave the server if they can't find a vehicle in an hour or two. There is ear plugs already (ctrl +-) works. But it would be nice if they auto inserted when entering a vehicle.

EDIT: Should have read Axeman's reply before posting....

7 minutes ago, axeman said:

Vehicle towing / lifting is debatable, as mentioned above its difficult without a vehicle to, well get anywhere, particularly on servers where established groups are out to get everyone. 

Adding further vehicle hogging ability is just going to add to that and put off new starters.

For me, this is the biggest problem, people love the concept, join a busy server then get endlessly shot on sight (or sniped from afar) until they get fed up and try another mod / game.

I have felt this on a 'popular server in the UK', played for nearly two weeks with my lad and we almost had enough gear to build a jammer.

Granted we did make some newbie mistakes, parking a found chopper near the central trader and spending many lives keeping it locked and trying to repair it only to be taken out every time by a patient (with a local base) sniper, so they could take it and sell it.

We managed to get most of the way across the island, up north. Investigating a base from our boat and being taken out by someone well armed again was the final straw.

I think what i am getting at is there needs to be a leveling of the playing field before giving more advantages to the established players / groups. In my opinion.

Something that doesn't involve crawling across Altis in prone and hiding in ditches.

I know there are going to be cries of 'go play Minecraft', from the established and people able to spend all day and night keeping that foothold. They are all salty tears to my ears :)

thanks for providing some real life experience. I (edit)mostly exclusively play on my test server now so the input helps a lot.
having said that, in your example, if the threat is coming from established group (which is most likely on any server due to the natural inclination of aggressors to increase the potential power of their group), they can hog with the current setup anyway. there is always more than one of the bullies.

this feature actually will help the little guy, so that he can scan the map, find vehicles, and MUCH EASILY transport it to his base or trader.

without this feature (lift/tow) one guy almost can never transfer a found vehicle in a safe way on a medium to high busy server.

Your first vehicle you want to keep as transport, after that the option is there to sell further vehicles and bank it. We found loads and hid a few. We probably did get too emotionally attached to them fearing we were just getting lucky and would not find more.

To be fair, we did get to a reasonably good place, both geared up, with a backup quad bike. We got into a fire fight at a remote trader and lost, it could have easily gone our way.

There is not enough incentive to not just shoot on sight and take the spoils.

Am hoping the recent 'player death options' addition addresses that, at least a little bit. At the very least it will add some fun to the poor victim :) 

Small steps..

On 5/9/2016 at 9:23 PM, Robio said:

Tow/lift is fine the way it is. If you allow mass towing then that's people will do to build up krypto. Sell all the vehicles, then buy all the building supplies from traders and new players will have to do all the grinding. Most will just leave the server if they can't find a vehicle in an hour or two. There is ear plugs already (ctrl +-) works. But it would be nice if they auto inserted when entering a vehicle.

EDIT: Should have read Axeman's reply before posting....

please no auto-earplugs :D it could have like a default key, like f3 for example like in some servers, you enter a vehicle, press f3 and have your earplgs. Usually when they are always ON (once entered a vehicle) by default and you constantly get in-get out (there are many occasions where you need to do this) that transition between loud-silent becomes pretty annoying. Making it manual, player could turn them on by demand. For instance, when I am in a car, I never use earplugs otherwise I may miss some importan shots taken at my direction. When I am in a heli though, I usually fly with earplugs ON, since rotor sound is damn loud and I spend like hours in the air, so ears get tired very quickly (always play arma 3 with MAX volume lol).

23 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

please no auto-earplugs :D it could have like a default key, like f3 for example like in some servers, you enter a vehicle, press f3 and have your earplgs. Usually when they are always ON (once entered a vehicle) by default and you constantly get in-get out (there are many occasions where you need to do this) that transition between loud-silent becomes pretty annoying. Making it manual, player could turn them on by demand. For instance, when I am in a car, I never use earplugs otherwise I may miss some importan shots taken at my direction. When I am in a heli though, I usually fly with earplugs ON, since rotor sound is damn loud and I spend like hours in the air, so ears get tired very quickly (always play arma 3 with MAX volume lol).

I am pro-choice so it's cool if you choose NOT to have auto-earplugs ON by default for you - it's a refined taste after all, just like hoverboards.
I bet most people would want it on by default because it is saving the hassle of putting it on & off...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ciao a tutti .. mi scuso innanzitutto se scrivo qui .. ma non è possibile aprire nuovi argomenti.

Ho acquistato su Steam i giochi DayZ .. Arma 3 .. sto provando in tutti i modi a giocare a DayZ EPOCH .. nn so come istallarlo .. nemmeno dove trovarlo .. e come fare.

Per favore qualcuno può darmi un aiuto su come fare .. grazie

@krimich Dayz Epoch is for Arma 2 not Arma 3.

For Arma 3 Epoch, simply go to the Steam Workshop here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421839251

Launch Arma 3 with Epoch selected Mod to load then go into game and search the server list for epoch servers.

For Dayz Epoch on Arma 2 - google dayz launcher.

Sì, grazie per avermi risposto .. ma sono riuscito a farlo partire per caso .. ma non è il gioco dayz epoch che vedo su you tube .. e diverso molto povero e completamente diverso da DayZ standalone .. vorrei spiegarmi meglio. . sarebbe lo stand alone con moltissime cose in più .. molto piu completo.

• 7 months later...

Suggestion: Mark player personal vehicle on the map... i just got dc... and it make me spawn in the near trader...for luck i remembered where i was in the dc, so i could take my car back... but imagine if i was in a place i didnt know. that why it is need... ofc if is possible to implement