Will 3.0 Bring and overall wipe?

Flybynight

I want to redo some of my database stuff anyways.  During the last update I had a brain fart and copied the epochServer.ini file from my test server over to BOTH production servers, so both servers are running off the same db file.  I want to create two different db server instances, one for each server with their own unique dump files.  This update will be the perfect time to do that.  

And to answer BenR_Reborn, with so many issues with base maintenance not working properly and base items disappearing and all the changes they're making to the traders it just makes sense to me to do one.  This way we can start fresh and I can know without a doubt that any new "bugs" or "glitches" players may complain about aren't related to anything that was brought over from the previous patch.  It will help me sleep a little better.  I've made my players aware for the last two weeks that a wipe is coming and given the issues we've had, everyone is ok with it.  

With stuff that's already built it would probably be fine.  The code that determines whether you can build in a given area and the code that spawns in items when the server loads up are separate and (most likely) don't communicate to each other.  So players with larger bases just won't be able to build anymore items if they're already over the limit.  What that will do to the maintenance side of things though is another question.  Will maintenance done on a jammer placed in an already established large base actually perform maintenance on all base items within the specified radius?  Or will it only perform maintenance on up to 'X' number of items and skip the rest?  

With stuff that's already built it would probably be fine.  The code that determines whether you can build in a given area and the code that spawns in items when the server loads up are separate and (most likely) don't communicate to each other.  So players with larger bases just won't be able to build anymore items if they're already over the limit.  What that will do to the maintenance side of things though is another question.  Will maintenance done on a jammer placed in an already established large base actually perform maintenance on all base items within the specified radius?  Or will it only perform maintenance on up to 'X' number of items and skip the rest?  

Large bases will also find they can't replace parts that have been destroyed until they are under the designated jammer " limit"

a wipe is a no way situation for some players theyll stop playing when they loose everything they build and farmed etc...

Most people will be fine with it as long as you give plenty of advanced notice. Folks have to remember that Epoch is still in alpha stage. Wipes can come at any time during the development process.

a wipe is a no way situation for some players theyll stop playing when they loose everything they build and farmed etc...

I look at it like this. I've farmed/built stuff. Once I have a base established/farmed and have a lot of items saved wtf is the point to keep playing? A wipe will allow me to rethink and redo my building and possibly have a different playstyle. Not to mention a wipe will clear the server of any overlooked annoyances that could be bogging down server FPS.

I used to just spawn in some building equipment and materials for indivuduals or groups if we had to do a wipe. At least enough to get them started. Sometimes i would even help them build, placing objects etc. We never really had a popping server though.

@corky Yeah I've always felt the same way. That's the fun part of the game. When you finish just make sure you get plenty of screenshot and/or vid for reminiscence.

I used to just spawn in some building equipment and materials for indivuduals or groups if we had to do a wipe. At least enough to get them started. Sometimes i would even help them build, placing objects etc. We never really had a popping server though.

@corky Yeah I've always felt the same way. That's the fun part of the game. When you finish just make sure you get plenty of screenshot and/or vid for reminiscence.

Without a doubt!

• 3 weeks later...

Я не понял, wipe базы данных при переходе на 0.3  , обязателен или нет? Перечитал несколько веток... кому верить не знаю :)

Или при переходе на 0.3 если не делать вайп то придется допиливать что-то руками?