Sarge AI stealing vehicles

Munkeskov

Question

Hi guys, i have a server, where it is possible to lock the vehicles, but if a vehicle is open (to get in, or check gear) Sarge AI might enter the vehicle, after a player has left it (and locked it again), and if the leave the vehicle by force (shooting at the AI, or even destroying the tire, the vehicle dissapear, and return after server restart.

Anybody got the same problem, and how do i change it?

19 answers to this question

Make vehicle patrols then. As soon as AI enters player vehicle it becomes theirs and will disappear with their death.

But i want the vehicles to stay, i dont like that i take my Ural, drive 5 km, take on some AI patroling, just to see that some Hero (AI) take my Ural, and to stop them, i shoot out a tire, and when they jump out, the Ural, with all my gear, just dissapear, but return on server restart.

I didn't even realize people still used Sarge's AI. DZAI is the better package and uses much less resources. When I switched to DZAI I immediately noticed an FPS increase on my server.

Well, i just use what works for my server, and have allways loved the dynamics of Sarge AI, because the gear they have, is kind of random, and that they spawn across the map.

@ BetterDeadThanZed.  I will take a look at DZAI, because YOU recommend it :-)

Just a follow up.

I have removed Sarge AI, and used DZAI instead, and i works really good, but i miss the Hero AI and the Soldier AI, BUT i love the way DZAI works, fx if some AI is attacked, and there is a vehicle or chopper nearby, they will come and help, that is awesome...

I never had problems with performance, so i cant say anything about that.

I still have to change some settings, but i continue with DZAI, and then hope that Hero and Soldier AI will be included later on  :rolleyes:

Just a follow up.

I have removed Sarge AI, and used DZAI instead, and i works really good, but i miss the Hero AI and the Soldier AI, BUT i love the way DZAI works, fx if some AI is attacked, and there is a vehicle or chopper nearby, they will come and help, that is awesome...

I never had problems with performance, so i cant say anything about that.

I still have to change some settings, but i continue with DZAI, and then hope that Hero and Soldier AI will be included later on  :rolleyes:

DZAI is a dead mod unforutnately. Butthead stopped developing it for arma 2.

Friendly AI were not added on purpose because it causes problems with the way arma treats factions.  You'll end up with a lot of annoyed people who can't get in a vehicle together and stuff like that.

http://opendayz.net/forums/DZAI/

DZAI may be no longer developed but at least it works as intended. It was designed to be durable enough to work forever, and so far so good.

If you read his comment which I quoted he says

And then I explained to him that it was no longer being developed.

Well, there lies the source of the misunderstanding then.

Also this is somewhat unrelated, but there is a small possibility of a kind of "revitalization project" for DZAI in the future when and if time allows. If A3EAI doesn't change too drastically between now and then, there is the possibility of several changes to be back-ported into DZAI. I just have to find the willpower to pull myself from the coder's dream that is ArmA 3.

Well, there lies the source of the misunderstanding then.

Also this is somewhat unrelated, but there is a small possibility of a kind of "revitalization project" for DZAI in the future when and if time allows. If A3EAI doesn't change too drastically between now and then, there is the possibility of several changes to be back-ported into DZAI. I just have to find the willpower to pull myself from the coder's dream that is ArmA 3.

Yea sorry about the mix up. I dont run DZAI anymore, but I did for a long time. It was a breath of fresh air after SARGE.

Is this Butthead then?  I've seen some recent posts in the DZAI forum, I hadn't seen any there in a long time so I got a bit excited.  Too many people with good ideas have moved on from Arma 2. I personally feel like Arma 3 just isn't on Arma 2's level yet. Time will tell!