ProtectionZone_Invisible_F

SadBoy1981

HAHA was waiting for someone to find that.

Nice find, now use it dammit use it.

I currently have Safe Zones setup at each of the spawn points extending out approx. 500m from center.

I added markers on the map designating the area of safe zone.

Also triggers to show a hint to the player moving in and out with ie. You have entered a Safe Zone. or You have left a Safe Zone.

The safe zones consist of over 1000 objects added and the couple of lines for the markers and triggers.

However you must understand that the built in safe zone areas for Epoch do not include damage from vehicle.

You can not get shot nor shoot anyone else, but you can use a vehicle to commit safe zone murder......

I might post it up soon if the demand is high from the rest of the admins, but its easy enough to do on your own.

We have added safe zones to our server using these objects also along with a circular zone marker and triggers on entry and exit, good way to solve gun violence in safe zones.

The epoch build code specifically excludes building near protection zones within 300 metres i believe.

Also if you didnt already know any transport beacons also generate a protection zone at the source and destination automatically in the epoch code.

If You want to make them visible, use "ProtectionZone_F" and procedural textures for setObjectTextureGlobal to give them a specific colour and transparency.

Greez KiloSwiss

Thanks for the extra info on the color and transparency.

I use the visibles to make fully safe zones then renamed them using find and replace in notepad++ easy enough.

However 1200 lines/objects for the safe zones was time consuming....

Thanks for the extra info on the color and transparency.

I use the visibles to make fully safe zones then renamed them using find and replace in notepad++ easy enough.

However 1200 lines/objects for the safe zones was time consuming....

If your safezones are the same radius eg 200 metres then you can take a short cut rather than doing all manually...

1. create one in editor

2. then highlight objects

3. CTRL + C ( Copy )

4. CTRL + V ( Paste )

5. It will generate a copy

6. While still highlighted drag it to the new area

7. Rinse Repeat 

If your safezones are the same radius eg 200 metres then you can take a short cut rather than doing all manually...

1. create one in editor

2. then highlight objects

3. CTRL + C ( Copy )

4. CTRL + V ( Paste )

5. It will generate a copy

6. While still highlighted drag it to the new area

7. Rinse Repeat 

Use M3Editor and you can use the repeat function with ability for NESW repeating to provide an easier experience

@SadBoy1981
I suggest You set the Object into ground to not have such high ugly safezones.
Try this in the objects init field:
this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) - 20];

I attached my old createSafezones.sqf that I used in my ArmA2 Wasteland Mission as a reference.

Greez KiloSwiss

createSafezones.sqf.txt

@SadBoy1981

I suggest You set the Object into ground to not have such high ugly safezones.

Try this in the objects init field:

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) - 20];

I attached my old createSafezones.sqf that I used in my ArmA2 Wasteland Mission as a reference.

Greez KiloSwiss

Thanks!

player allowDamage false;

_ID = player addEventHandler["handleDamage",{false}];

player allowDamage true;

player removeEventHandler["handleDamage",_ID];

Replace the local variable "_ID" with a global variable if You use "addEventHandler" and "removeEventHandler" in different scopes/scripts.

Greez KiloSwiss

Hey Kilo, thanks for the info but I have found that all event handlers I tried for a scripted safe zone were blocked by epoch.

They would only work for the admins in game at the time of testing.

I know am I just a low level guy here and I probably miss a ton of stuff I could do different but I am pretty sure if my memory serves me right even Fired/MPFired and Hit/MPHit are blocked from utilization......

• 2 months later...

Yea. That's how it was in A2.

Players couldn't shoot each other but they could run other players over with a vehicle.

The simple solution is to add map objects so players cannot enter the safe zone area with a vehicle I'd say.

Can i add this protection zone with the arma editor oder M3Editor or I have to add all this 25m zones manually as code???

If yes, how, i can´t find it in both editors...

You didn't look very hard  :P  . In M3Editor, it is under "Objects (Helpers)".