Shelves and lockbox despawn

xXPortableXx

They have to be actioned once every 5 days, action being something added or removed, they're not covered by maintaining.

Also if they're in an existing building and loot spawns on them, they go flying although i have seen them come back next restart.

Is this in a pre-existing building? Map building. 

I've seen a bug where a shelf/lockbox/Tipi is in one of these map building right where loot is to spawn. Once loot tries to spawn (chair or dresser) there has been cases of the storage device to despawn during cleanup of the lootable item. 

I was off helping a fellow. Noticed that a chair was half into a shelf. I was there for no more then 20 minutes, and the chair and shelf despawned. Server restart it came back with a few items missing (according to the player). 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance that the lock boxes and shelves will be linked to the jammers? We have a rather large group and have many shelves and bases. maintaining the jammers is ok. Touching 75 shelves and boxes is not possible.

Every week, the items that are not used are deleted so it increases server performance and opens up more slots for other people to place stuff down. If you haven't touched a storage device in a week, it doesn't seem like you need what is in it very much. 

Every week, the items that are not used are deleted so it increases server performance and opens up more slots for other people to place stuff down. If you haven't touched a storage device in a week, it doesn't seem like you need what is in it very much. 

Some people just like to hoard in this game... never understood that. I've never kept anything more than what I would use, along with some extra supplies in case I died.

• 5 weeks later...

I do agree though.. the storage items should be maintained by the jammer.

Safes were in A2 if I recall correctly.

I would also like to see one storage devices that is indestructible like the safe in A2.

Just one so that at least you can say you have something that you know will be there with the most important gear you want to keep.

And maybe make it so only one of that item can be placed down per player so players don't go crazy with it.

origins had a safe that you could bury and dig up which I thought was a neat idea and players were only allowed to put one down.

Just a suggestion.

Your shelves will come back at restart.. Consider yourself lucky.

I just had three lock boxes vanish.. It's things like this that make the mod unattractive once players get a whiff of that.

Took a while to find them.. Put some good 7.62 mags in them and a bunch of things.. Was looking at them but I guess I never remembered to take something out and put it back.  And now they are gone.

This is just one more thing that is a detriment to the attraction of this game.

Each server should display a checklist of things to do and not to do when you log in and have it so the player needs to press continue to bypass it because it'll be a big list and take a bit to read.  

LOL