Script Mag Repack

ch4rlys

Question

Hi 

I try to add the mag repack to the my epoch server.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19692

I have a problem i have this restriction i can't fix :

I already fix 2-3 restriction error but i lock on that one!

#52 "ntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "_this call outlw_MR_keyDown;"];

system"

Please anyone could help me for that ?

I assigned the mag repack to the "END" key and all is working using the script.  It seems that my Epoch isn't seeing the "CTRL + R" or any other key combo if one of the keys is already assigned in the game.  Thanks for everyone's assistance.

So non-admins can use this without being banned?

how you do that man ?

If you can get the Mag Repack window to show, click on "Options" and you can change the keybindings there.

So non-admins can use this without being banned?

Not sure about that, I am running a private LAN server without BE or AH enabled.

I have the script version working on my server but players can only open it once per login for some reason, admins can open it as often as they like, so I can only assume it's my AH blocking it.

Well Its working for Admin now but when non-admin players log in they get Auto Ban,  what nees to be done with the Epoch AH to allow this script?

Epochahconfig.hpp There's a line in there for cfgPatches. Add whatever patches are relevant for the PBO. If you open the PBO up there should be a place in the config.cpp where it lists the patches. Just add each of them to the end of the patches line in epochahconfig.hpp.

Epochahconfig.hpp There's a line in there for cfgPatches. Add whatever patches are relevant for the PBO. If you open the PBO up there should be a place in the config.cpp where it lists the patches. Just add each of them to the end of the patches line in epochahconfig.hpp.

Ok thats what I thought, Thanks.

@Havoc302

You get the issue with only being able to use it once figured out yet? I now have the same issue.

Nope, players can run it once per login then they have to drop to lobby and come back to be able to use it again, it's kind of ok, the players have got used to just saving their mags up and do them all in one hit.

Over the past 3 or 4 weeks I have done small attempts to get it working, its so low on the priority list I go to it when i am worn out on all the rest of the big stuff. 

Since I am currently happy with the balance of DP Altis and have moved onto my Tribute server, I will probably spend a bit of time in this again soon.

So the change you mentioned for the built-in antihack, was that necessary for you using the other?

I had it working for all admins also and I had a fluke happening that a regular player got to use it during tests but a restart of the server with the same setup was not successful again.

I would think you are currently using "USE allowed dialogs = false" since the -1 IDD doesnt do anything yielding a positive result even though this is how it seems to be setup, add IDD number and voila it works, but it doesnt and it seems like its been, We have to go into the a3ah or a3at and make our own changes.....

I only used the built-in AH when Epoch was first released, realised it only had about 10% of the functionality of infistar then moved straight to it, I don't really care about the arguments between Epoch and Infistar, I'm only interested in what works best.

I turned off a few features in Infistar which would have blocked it but I needed to do that anyway for other scripts I'd put in. I haven't done much more testing beyond that, there's not much support for infistar on here anymore since the argument between them which is sad because it's a far superior admin tool.

Best to just leave it to the parties at hand in the discussion.....

Anyhow yes I had to disable a few things also. However my guess is that you did one of the disables for towing right?

With a little patience and tinkering you can turn back on the Use allowed dialogs to true....its better like that no menu punks

Yeah the dialog ones I turned off for R3F but I left on the anti-cheat engine which seems to get 90% of the script kiddies anyway. Chris puts out updates all the time for the latest script kiddies so I don't tend to worry too much, I'm trying to get other addActions to work as well in a couple of custom scripts I'm working on so I'd have no idea how to whitelist those.

Look at the original description:
Mag Repack by 
Outlawled

Description:
This is my magazine repacking mod. It lets you consolidate your non-full magazines so that you don't just walk around with a bunch of almost-empty magazines all the time like an idiot.

Exactly my feeling => "walking around with a bunch of almost-empty magazines all the time like an idiot".

I think this 'repack' option should be included in base Epoch mod (in fact in vanilla Arma 3) as it is the logical thing to do for any human...
(Come to think of it, should options be clearly presented to the AI, I think even it would go for inventory space & clip-changing-time-savings and automatically do this every single time!)

Anyway read the whole thread - I'll attempt installing this with stock Epoch mod AntiHack without any 3rd party security addons, fingers crossed.

Nope, players can run it once per login then they have to drop to lobby and come back to be able to use it again, it's kind of ok, the players have got used to just saving their mags up and do them all in one hit.

Having run tests on this, it appears it is running when they just login (for a few seconds).

As soon as AntiHack manages to initialize itself and start actively doing its job, it starts preventing this unknown 'dialogBox' from appearing on the screen.

Have been testing in the last  2 hours, sadly can't find a solution to this.

SUMMARY:

As you said;

admins can execute this server side script with CTRL+R 24/7

players can execute it with CTRL+R only the first few seconds when they spawn in. << my understanding is, this is okay if antihack is set not to ban.

If antihack bans is enabled, as soon as it detects this unauthorized keypress/dialogbox attempt it will ban the offender.