Launchers not picking up my server

Liqu1dShadow

Any idea why an update from 0.2.5.1 to 0.2.5.2 would stop my server being seen in any launchers?

Its costing me players with my server not showing up for people to connect to :/

Interested to see if any of you guys can find it

ASMG Devils Playground (0.2.5.2|1.36) Chernarus | In AiA Pack

Ill be extremely grateful if anyone can help me fix the issue :)

What I've seen through observation with my own servers is that after a restart the servers are not seen in the public list (the ArmA3 server browser) until a player joins it and the server initializes. To test that theory, I would stop my server and restart it. It is not seen in the public list or my A3 launcher. Then I would join the server and play for a bit, exit and look again and it was seen in the public list. You might try adding the -autoinit parameter to your server command line. That should initialize the server after a restart regardless if any player joins it or not.

What I've seen through observation with my own servers is that after a restart the servers are not seen in the public list (the ArmA3 server browser) until a player joins it and the server initializes. To test that theory, I would stop my server and restart it. It is not seen in the public list or my A3 launcher. Then I would join the server and play for a bit, exit and look again and it was seen in the public list. You might try adding the -autoinit parameter to your server command line. That should initialize the server after a restart regardless if any player joins it or not.

I have been in the server all day though :/

Ill give it a go, would that look like this?

-autoinit;@Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;

blckeagles in your post here...

you state

NOTE: DO NOT USE CUSTOM @MOD FOLDERS, WILL PREVENT SERVER FROM SHOWING ON LAUNCHERS(Like A3LAUNCHER)

this is a pic of my servers folder, could this be the issue?

5v6az7.jpg

there is your issue... rename folder to @AllInArmaTerrainPack

make sure mod says -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack

Before all that we have some sort of  -autoInit -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi  -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack, should that not be there? there is also some crap after it like name=A3E_Server etc, should that be taken out too?

This is my launch parameters (but im on a dedicated server) 

start /HIGH "" arma3server.exe -port=2400 "-profiles=C:\Arma3_2\A3Master"  -server -skipIntro -nosplash -enableHT -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=1 -arma2netdev -config=sc\config.cfg -cfg=sc\basic.cfg -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack -autoinit

Your mod folder needs to be called @AllInArmaTerrainPack

A3Launcher will not show your server if it doesn't have the mod that it provides

so im hosting my server at gtxgaming to and today I posted a ticket to them telling them the problem probably came from them using the folder @AiATerrainPack

the response I got was as follow

"We can confirm that this is not the cause of the problem..

Best Regards"

is it sure that the problem is coming from the mod folder name ?