AI MISSIONS (have em)

machine6fd

Yes in the patch notes it states that doppleganger code is being removed as it's not working as it was intended. This will indeed remove the code from the sim.fsm file that's causing all the grief with AI persistence. So it might be better to wait for that patch. =] wish I had waited.

Yes in the patch notes it states that doppleganger code is being removed as it's not working as it was intended. This will indeed remove the code from the sim.fsm file that's causing all the grief with AI persistence. So it might be better to wait for that patch. =] wish I had waited.

Oh cool!  For some reason I thought "doppleganger" was talking about preventing players respawning and having a copy of themselves somewhere on the map.  Silly Darthy!   :rolleyes:

Oh cool!  For some reason I thought "doppleganger" was talking about preventing players respawning and having a copy of themselves somewhere on the map.  Silly Darthy!    :rolleyes:

^that's also correct, but the problem being is that when it goes to delete your "copy" that is left over after the doppleganger time designated, the code is written to delete all units. Which is what ends up cleaning up even the AI that aren't playable. If you could change the code to something like;

_lastObjectCleanup4 = diag_tickTime;
{
	if ((local _x) and !(_x in ailist)) then {
		_lastLogout = _x getVariable["LASTLOGOUT_EPOCH",-1];
		if ((diag_tickTime - _lastLogout) > EPOCH_doppelgangerTime || _lastLogout == -1) then{
			deleteVehicle _x;
		};
	};
} forEach  playableUnits;

then it would only look for playable units, plus there is the exemption of those in the public variable "_ailist" which you can define in whatever mission script you happen to be running. However as it stand. we can't touch this code. im hoping that this next patch is removing this code entirely. then the problem will solve itself.

^that's also correct, but the problem being is that when it goes to delete your "copy" that is left over after the doppleganger time designated, the code is written to delete all units. Which is what ends up cleaning up even the AI that aren't playable. If you could change the code to something like;

_lastObjectCleanup4 = diag_tickTime;
{
	if ((local _x) and !(_x in ailist)) then {
		_lastLogout = _x getVariable["LASTLOGOUT_EPOCH",-1];
		if ((diag_tickTime - _lastLogout) > EPOCH_doppelgangerTime || _lastLogout == -1) then{
			deleteVehicle _x;
		};
	};
} forEach  playableUnits;

then it would only look for playable units, plus there is the exemption of those in the public variable "_ailist" which you can define in whatever mission script you happen to be running. However as it stand. we can't touch this code. im hoping that this next patch is removing this code entirely. then the problem will solve itself.

Yeah let's hope.  I'm tinkering with an AI package myself and this has been one of the major stopping points.  

anyway to make these missions stay up longer? also AI on my server is killing people.

change the sleep time for each mission. also you will need to adjust the AI clean up. 

_unit1 setVariable [ "LASTLOGOUT_EPOCH" , diag_tickTime + 1500 ];   /// = 25min delete

I did a little messing around with making the AI attach to a player.... nothing solid yet. 

Lol good attempt. Almost got it all working. Damage is the tricky part because of the load player.sqf in the epoch server side pbo. I'd start looking around there to figure out how to bypass the AllowDamage= false from ai; for players loading into the server from restarts. ;]

Ive disabled that and have no problems at all about ai being killed in the trader city or being shot in side the spawn or trader city. Sorry i havnt come on ya ts in a bit. Been busy with things.

change the sleep time for each mission. also you will need to adjust the AI clean up. 

_unit1 setVariable [ "LASTLOGOUT_EPOCH" , diag_tickTime + 1500 ];   /// = 25min delete

Everey time I unpack the pbo, change the time as above ^^, repack, and upload, restart, the mission never starts. Somehow I think whenever I edit the pbo, I break it. Works perfect if I just straight upload and run it, but the AI just stick around forever with the 9999999. Other than that the mission works great. But yeah, the dying first part is still an issue.

Everey time I unpack the pbo, change the time as above ^^, repack, and upload, restart, the mission never starts. Somehow I think whenever I edit the pbo, I break it. Works perfect if I just straight upload and run it, but the AI just stick around forever with the 9999999. Other than that the mission works great. But yeah, the dying first part is still an issue.

I had this issue using cpbo try using eliteness and that should fix it. Here

Well i just tried this using the next patch files (0.2.5.2) and the Ai do no damage to players, anyone have a fix or something for me to try ?

lemme get you all fixed up richie ;) 

Honestly this was something i was toying with and felt like sharing what i had to the community as many others fail to do... It was never 100% working and that is why i choose the general form vs the actual AI missions forum to post it. There should be a real way to fix this issue by making the AI tie to a player that gets within a certain radius of the AI however I do not have a way to do that at this time. However looking at vampires AI script he has it figured out and will be releasing it soon. Sorry i can't help....  :(

They are getting kicked for Adding a weapon to the cargo box.

I would bet the weapon they are placing into the box is not part of the standard 'epoch' weapon list.

I had this problem until I went through and made sure all the weapon class names where part of EPOCH.

Alot of the AI missions right now are fairly sloppy with the items in the reward boxes. This will cause problems because the BE filters are so well tuned for EPOCH.

Here is a script that I use to add after spawning each AI to spread the load out across all players on the server...  This will allow people to be damaged by AI when a fresh spawn...

while {true} do {
	_players = [];
	{
		_players = _players + [_x];
	} foreach playableunits;
	_owner = _players call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_ai1 setOwner (owner _owner);
	_ownerOnline = true;
	while {_ownerOnline} do {
                _players = [];
		{
		} foreach playableunits;
		if (!(_owner in _players)) then {
			_ownerOnline = false;
		};
		sleep 10;
	};
};

• 3 weeks later...

What's the best way to change the map dimensions so the missions spawn inside the map on Chernarus.  I'm guessing it's in this line here:  _pos = [_mPos,0,-1,20,0,4000,0]call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;  But I'm not sure what to edit.  Ideas?

Try it:

_mPos = [7100, 7750, 0];
_mapRadii = 7000;
_pos = [_mPos,0,_mapRadii,20,0,4000,0]call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; 

• 5 weeks later...

Here is a script that I use to add after spawning each AI to spread the load out across all players on the server...  This will allow people to be damaged by AI when a fresh spawn...

while {true} do {
	_players = [];
	{
	} foreach playableunits;
	_owner = _players call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_ai1 setOwner (owner _owner);
	_ownerOnline = true;
	while {_ownerOnline} do {
                _players = [];
		{