Are Trader Cities safe?

BigCountry

For example, after I pick one of the 3 teleporters at start, I am warped to one of 3 areas on the map with a lot of traders in this area. Is this area a safe zone? What is the radius? For example can I sneak back into these areas (and be protected) after I have geared up to sell/buy some stuff off the traders?

The traders marked by black dots are in areas that do not allow gunfire, explosives, or melee attacks to damage you. That does not stop people from abusing other methods to hurt you. Yes you can go back into these zones and trade, the radius is very small so just stay inside of the hesco walls and assume that everything outside the hesco walls is not safe.

The traders marked by black dots are in areas that do not allow gunfire, explosives, or melee attacks to damage you. That does not stop people from abusing other methods to hurt you. Yes you can go back into these zones and trade, the radius is very small so just stay inside of the hesco walls and assume that everything outside the hesco walls is not safe.

Thank you.

Are you sure about that? I thought there were no safezones in vanilla A3 Epoch?

I'm just wondering - Are there any consequences if you kill a trader?

Like this trader stops trading to you forever?

Also loot: If you kill a trader - do you get acces to all items in his shop-inventory?

A new trader will spawn somewhere else after the next restart and will have nothing until people sell him something.

And no... you cant access all items in his shop inventory.

Only his normal inventory that will probably have only clothes, compass, map and watch.

Not really worth it.

• 1 month later...

The protected areas have player or vehicle gear protection?

The only protection they offer is that you cannot be damaged by bullets/hatchets/chainsaws. You can still be ran over by cars or smushed by helicopters and you still need to lock your vehicles so people can't steal them/look into the gear.