[SOLVED] Server Bug - CPU Usage

Stranger

So it is not "constructive" to tell that you make monumental mistakes? just fix what has been said here.

somebody should teach skaronator and awol that you can not

call in an scheduled environment.

and that you can not

waituntil, while, sleep and such things in an unscheduled environment.

This part is just executed on the client, nothing to do with the server.

Client always has to do something with the server in arma.

Sure can you use call in a scheduled enviroment... How else would you get the returned value of the function?!

and you use while loop in a non scheduled enviroment but they exit after 10.000 iterations.

edward norton: it kills sim cycles

We are certainly taking this seriously and I am in contact with the OP and ToejaM on Skype. 

It is not as simple as "fix your crap code", Many factors may come into play for a issue like this to happen.

There will always be better ways to do something. We found a potential for slow down in the cleanup code that will be greatly improved in 0.2.5.2.

Without AH there is 1 loop running in scheduled environment server side and 5 with it enabled.

Mine is also broken, can i have the files early ? ok well it's not but worth a try :lol:

Thread hijacking over :P

Hope you guys get things sorted :)

The OP is an official host also, we do need our official hosts to give 0.2.5.2 a try before the public release so we can hotfix any major issues before we go public.

As awol said, we tried everything we could on our server. Also we did let it run on a different Hardware and Dedilocation. The Problem is still the same. Right now i am waiting for Response of AWOL bout the files.

We tried to fix it with changes on:

Startup Parameters

basic.cfg settings

two different types of AH Software

CPU OC

RAM OC

arma3server.exe perf1  to perf4

BEC changes

Watchdog installations

redis reinstall

Dedi Reinstall

Wipe

This Problem is also there with a Wipe from start on. I dont know what else we can do - i will report if the new Version will fix anything of my problems or not.

For what it's worth, this isn't the first case reported here on the forums of someone having severe performance issues with Arma 3 on Windows Server 2012.  I had similar issues when I tried to set up my server at first.  Was running Server 2012 and neither Arma 2 or Arma 3 would talk to SQL at all.  Migrated over to Server 2008 and haven't had a problem since.  I wonder if it has something to do with REDIS and Server 2012?