[SOLVED] Server Bug - CPU Usage

Stranger

Hey guys,

i told it to Skaronator allready, that my server have some big issues. Everything is fine and from one second to another the server uses 100% CPU and dont went down (only when i terminate the server exe process).

Screenshot:
screen_2.jpg

I really dont know where this comes from, but something tells the server to use all the available CPU Power. As you can see, after restart it went fine again.

Players on the Server before the Problem 56, and also when players leave the server (it was with 10 after that problem) the CPU do not went down - i need to restart.

May an admin can have a look into this. If you guys need more files or logs, just tell me.

THX

P.S.: There is another guy who has the exact problem.

#######################################################################

FIXED:

We found a temp fix for the problem:

Disable the VAC stuff in epochserver.ini, it's bugged out.

It has started again and this time i recorded it.

Video: http://www.utcity.net/asm.mp4

Taskmanger CPU:

screen3.jpg

Server Specs: i7-4770

Change Values: Just added a Loading Screen

Startup Parameters: 

-mod=@ASM;@Epoch;@EpochHive
-port=2602

// Profiles
-profiles=profile
-name=Administrator

// Configuration files
-config=profile\server.cfg
-cfg=profile\basic.cfg

// Performance
-maxMem=2047
-bandwidthAlg=2
-autoinit
-loadMissionToMemory

What about your server RPT file?  Any errors?  I'd try getting rid of the bandwidthAlg switch and maybe add -exThreads=1 and -enableHT.  That might help a bit.  Certainly can't hurt at this point.  Also, doesn't autoinit and loadmissiontomemory do the same thing?  Maybe that's an issue as well.  

I'm having this exact same problem, I've reported it to the BI developer Dwarden but he shrugged it off as my problem which isn't helpful I know but its good (and bad) to know that others are having the same issue.

I don't see why the server.exe would need to max out the CPU for any reason.

I'm having this exact same problem, I've reported it to the BI developer Dwarden but he shrugged it off as my problem which isn't helpful I know but its good (and bad) to know that others are having the same issue.

I don't see why the server.exe would need to max out the CPU for any reason.

As i said before it starts from nowhere. After a while the frames drop down to unplayable...restart is needed.

Changed some values but it still happens to me.

Maybe try doing a verify integrity on your Arma 3 server install and download a fresh copy of the Epoch mod files.  If it's running ok for a while and then runs away there must be a script or dll or process that's going crazy somewhere.  Otherwise I'd say there's a poorly written script causing it, but from what you've mentioned there's nothing really custom running so that shouldn't be the case.  

I figured out, that if a player opens up a Trader (mostly the guys in Spawnzones) with much loot in it, the framerate drops and the CPU rises. I deleted all the Traders loot and it does not happen anymore. Well i need to monitor this the next few days but so far no High CPU usage...

Ok cool.  Please keep us posted.  If the problem returns once the traders get full again you may want to create a Issue ticket on the Github so the dev team can look at it.  They may have to find a way to parse the trader tables for items older than 'X' days or more than quantity 'X'.  

I figured out, that if a player opens up a Trader (mostly the guys in Spawnzones) with much loot in it, the framerate drops and the CPU rises. I deleted all the Traders loot and it does not happen anymore. Well i need to monitor this the next few days but so far no High CPU usage...

Nice work, sorry I didn't get back to you since teamspeak, I really have been so busy I'm a stranger even to the CPC admins at the moment!

you can not call in an scheduled environment.

Sure can you use call in a scheduled enviroment... How else would you get the returned value of the function?!

that you can not waituntil, while, sleep and such things in an unscheduled environment.

and you use while loop in a non scheduled enviroment but they exit after 10.000 iterations.

18355edc95.png

A big potential cause for server lag is the mixing of sleep/uisleep. As we all know sleep suffers when the server slows down, were as uiSleep is based on the system and doesnt suffer the same effect. Therefore having large sleeps WILL get even slower as the server runs out of steam. Not really sure why any would use sleep now a days, unless the code was borrowed from elsewhere.

This is pulled from the epoch security functions file...

18355edc95.png

A big potential cause for server lag is the mixing of sleep/uisleep. 

This part is just executed on the client, nothing to do with the server. And while the client execute the normal sleep does it execute the line above (the PVS call) which meant the client get BANNED and a direct disconnect, so not a big deal at all.