Getting kicked for PublicVariable Restriction #0

Bartjelol

Just tried to set up my server,  everything is fine except one little problem. Whenever i want to join my own server it gives me the publicvariable message. The publicvariable log says this:

#0 "Epoch_loadFailed" = true

Got actually no clue on how to fix this, if anybody is so generous to help I would be thankful.

I have the exact same problem, always instant kick with Epoch_loadFailed=true and there is mission selection screen when server starts. Also publicvariables.txt doesn't get edited. Watchdogs and BEC is running correctly and rcon admin is able to log in with no problem

Have also feeling that the SC\config.cfg doesn't load properly. Doesn't take max players and server name from there anyways

Use the default SC/config from the download and make sure your startup params for arma3server.exe are correct (from the example start epoch file), then once u get that working edit the file. You may have inadvertently made some syntax errors.

Still doesnt work post your batch files or your command lines and how your using them/starting arma 3 server

Good Luck

I have the exact same problem, always instant kick with Epoch_loadFailed=true and there is mission selection screen when server starts. Also publicvariables.txt doesn't get edited. Watchdogs and BEC is running correctly and rcon admin is able to log in with no problem

Have also feeling that the SC\config.cfg doesn't load properly. Doesn't take max players and server name from there anyways

If that's the case then your startup parameters don't match where the config files are stored. Keep in mind that Arma 3 looks for certain files in different places than Arma 2 did.

• 1 year later...

Old topic but I have just experienced this error and it had me scratching my head for a while. A simple typo was my mistake:

-config=C:\arma3server_exp\SC\config.cfg-port=2302

No space before -port. Quotation marks might have actually saved me here :)

Basically the config isn't loading, another clue is that the server appears with just the name of the server, presumably as resolved by DNS, in the game browser.