Hide Body Option

Nic

I would really like this to be implemented like in A2 Epoch. The main reason I want this in is because when you are in a large battle and are relatively close to a spawn point, it is so easy for the person you killed to quickly retrieve their gun and go after you again while you are preoccupied with their friends. If you kill someone, you might have room to take theirs guns, but it is hard to store more than 1 or 2 guns even in a carryall. On multiple occasions, clan fights have become a clusterfuck of people just running back to their dead body and the battle never really ends. It is a real pain to have to grab someones guns and run far away to drop them, and then make another trip for more guns on another body. You might not even have enough room in your backpack for guns it if is already full. Just add a hide body option please. 

Hide body / or delete gear is a very important thing to prevent the explained clusterfucks! I agree!

My suggestion is: It needs some time to get rid of a whole dead body. Implement some time that it needs. So it can be done in a fight but its dangerous too.

For example 20-60 Seconds to hide a body or destroy the gear.

I think that´ll be a good compromise.

[ I personally dont like hiding bodies too. Some guys just do it to do maximum pain to the victim. If im not in a huge war i only take the stuff i need and let the rest lying in the body. Maybe others are happy with that stuff. But thats only my personal style. But i see the problem too with running and just grabbing a gun and yolo-mode into the battle again.]

Greetings René

Hmm, why not do it like the building system...you pick them up and move them, but they don't disappear.  You have to have energy and can only move them so far (to keep people from using them as temp storage)..say like 30m.   A body can only be moved once

That way, if you come back to your body you'll at least know it's within 30m of the death location and the killer(s) will be able to hide the body for their purposes.

Hide body / or delete gear is a very important thing to prevent the explained clusterfucks! I agree!

My suggestion is: It needs some time to get rid of a whole dead body. Implement some time that it needs. So it can be done in a fight but its dangerous too.

For example 20-60 Seconds to hide a body or destroy the gear.

I think that´ll be a good compromise.

[ I personally dont like hiding bodies too. Some guys just do it to do maximum pain to the victim. If im not in a huge war i only take the stuff i need and let the rest lying in the body. Maybe others are happy with that stuff. But thats only my personal style. But i see the problem too with running and just grabbing a gun and yolo-mode into the battle again.]

Greetings René

i hide the body so there is nothing left, if the person has to re gear from the beginning there not going to be a threat in the area for longer

Hmm, why not do it like the building system...you pick them up and move them, but they don't disappear.  You have to have energy and can only move them so far (to keep people from using them as temp storage)..say like 30m.   A body can only be moved once

That way, if you come back to your body you'll at least know it's within 30m of the death location and the killer(s) will be able to hide the body for their purposes.

30 m is nothing most places people die. hell even 300 m is nothing.

Yeah we had a battle for about 2 hours were all we were doing is swapping gear back and forth. The same 8 or 9 players killing each other and looting for what they could before the next wave. Never could pick everything up, so this option would be nice. What we started doing as a workaround was to pick stuff up and just drop it in the bushes or rocks so they could not find it. 

i hide the body so there is nothing left, if the person has to re gear from the beginning there not going to be a threat in the area for longer

30 m is nothing most places people die. hell even 300 m is nothing.

well the distance can be set to an appropriate value.  Just low enough to were it wouldn't be abused yet effective if all you wanted to do was prevent others from coming back and utilizing the equipment or giving away an ambush point.

Would also be cool in that if one of your buddies is hit, you could pull him off the battlefield to a safer location to do a revive.  Maybe even force a combat pace when moving a body to add to the risk of doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

I very much agree that some way of disposing of gear on a dead body is needed. Especially as you can choose your spawns and run back to your corpse in no time (I don't know if this is intentional or not, but after spawning if you don't stop sprinting then your stamina will decrease from 100 until you stop (upon stopping it resets to 0). This seems like a 'get-back-to-your-body' mechanism, which even more so makes a way of disposing bodies/gear important).

I wouldn't like it to simply be a 'Hide Body' option as it was in A2 Epoch, though. I think there's better ways to do it, fx:

Hatchet the body until destroyed - could leave behind dismembered bodyparts (similar to exploded sapper) and the weapon that was dropped during ragdoll (which could easily be emptied of mags).

and/or

Acid to pour over the corpse, thereby disposing of it completely apart from a pool of blood (like the pool that appears when skinning animals).

good one, how about after the drag body into shallow grave you can use  a "fill" option and it would fill the grave in and put a Cross on top. If you bury a body you get bonus points or humanity points for being respectful to the dead. I remember some post about losing humanity points for killing traders from one the Devs, but don't remember where I saw it.

work around for now is to hit the body with the revive tool of course it helps to wait til a friend is ready to shoot them if they haven't re spawned .

Problem is most people respawn as soon as they can, but if you shoot the body with the revive and the person has already respawned, it tries to revive them but can't and the body deletes. 

I think they should add the item 'Shovel' and 'Drag Body' action so you can drag the body to places and then "Bury it" and you can only bury on like dirt/grass areas not e.g Airfields because it's concrete.

This is good to make it more realistic :)

+1 I like shovels !!!

thats the idea.

I guess it is kind of a work around for now, but it requires to to have a mulitgun on you, and I guess that is kind of like the shovel that other people were suggesting. Also, you can't know if they have respawned or not. One person I play with never respawns immediately, he always waits the ten minutes. So if you try and revive them in an attempt to delete their body, and they haven't respawned, they could get revived and kill you before you have time to switch to your gun. You could have a friend there to kill them again if they actually do get revived, but a lonewolf couldn't do that. Now that I am thinking about it, it probably would not be that hard to make a delete body attachment for the mulitgun.  

The better option would just be random spawns since a lot of fighting is done in the spawn towns it makes it easier for players to run back to their shit.

With random spawn you could end up 20k from where you died.

But you could also keep killing yourself and respawning until you get a close spawn.