Too many heavy snipers!!!

Rapemaster

So many Lynx's... I just keep junking them. The heavy hitters are so much more common than the crap guns like TRG, Vermin, etc... I feel like people should have to work a little harder, go to the riskier areas to get things like the Zaphir, Lynx, mk18 ABR...  etc....

Find 10 of both .50 and m320 before I find a Zafir and a ABR. Something´s def wrong with the spawnrate of the heavy snipers. 

The Zafir and ABR seem to have droped in rate to a more normal level.

Having trouble finding a 7.62 suppressor now to which where way more common before. Which is a good thing.

there are way to much Snipers like the lynx and the m320!

I find them all the time there is  a fix needed...

Weapons like MX SW have the same spawn chance i guess that sucks everyone has an heavy sniper

I'd take a Lynx over an MX SW anyday the versatility with the Lynx outweighs the MX SW 

Just slap a scope on a Lynx and some APDS to camp the trader there ya go.

But to be honest they should reduce the spawn in military areas for SMG's and shitty 5.56 and increase it for 7.62 and Snipers and do the opposite with civilian buildings except for the church/chapels you could have it be the in between spawn

guys , alpha loot table's as they are , are just place holders.

So you are saying, its not allowed to discuss in the Discussion Thread here?

Guys like you shouldnt have access to this thread.

Sure there are some guys who are whiny and bitchy now here because they get killed every second time by big caliber snipers.

And why u think nobody except you knows, that we all play a alpha mod ?

We are all participants in a alpha development process....

@ Zarbon:   realy ?? would be very nice, any source for this assertion ?

Best regards,

Daniel

Loot spawns are fairly easy to adjust, probably takes more time to figure out what %'s you want than the actual edits.

That being said, I find it funny when I get a high-powered sniper before I find a pair of pants.

:D

If it was only one its 10 before I find clothing, although I seem to have bad luck on clothes and good luck with chainsaw´s and hatchets so should not complain.

Although I think the high percentage in chance of a High tier sniper rifle needs to be dropped quick, they nerf the Vannad two times before they change the spawn rate of the highest powered guns in there it´s just so wrong. Fill the place holders will low tier seems more reasonable. 

Snipers are easy meat at close range, and I've zigzagged my way through their shots to kill them with a melee weapon on more than a few occasions (albeit A2E). 

Once the game has good storage solutions, I'd love to see the introduction of the best of best of sniper rifles, like having an AS50TWS in DayZ Epoch. It'd have to be a very rare spawn or admin event prize, just so it doesn't get devalued like the way the M107 did by becoming a common item.

I agree, a Lynx is probably easier to find than a good backpack.  I'm not so up on the names/models of Arma 3 equipment vs real world counterparts, but if the lynx is to be more rare then it would make sense have midrange sniper rifles as common as SMGs or LMGs.  I acutally see more Lynx than 320s.  But it'd also be nice to pull the m24 m40 and Barret MRAD or some other 338 Lapua round rifle in. 

I suck at CQB, so I always search for a sniper type rifle and good optics and I don't think I'd play much if I have to search for hours on end for a descent sniper rifle.

Brace yourselves, the L115A3 is comming. :)

i've been watching that :D

So you are saying, its not allowed to discuss in the Discussion Thread here?

Guys like you shouldnt have access to this thread.

Sure there are some guys who are whiny and bitchy now here because they get killed every second time by big caliber snipers.

And why u think nobody except you knows, that we all play a alpha mod ?

We are all participants in a alpha development process....

calm down son

M14 DMR and a HK 417 Battle rifle.. Please please please.

Edit: Never understood all the love for all these big rifles, are you that shitty marksmen or are you compensating for something else.

the mk 18 is a version of the m14, it's called the mk 14 ebr in real life.  But yeah would love a bigger variety in medium caliber sniper rifles, even if they chuck in some of the old favourites from arma II (updated with new attachment system ofc) :-)

I also think that there are too many big caliber weapons. it is far too easy to find a lyncs or a zafhir. it would be nice if the 6.5 caliber weapons would be something more and the 7.62 .... be more reduced it runs each with a 7.62 weapon around .... after the dead you have a new 7,62 in no more than 10 minutes, would be nice if there were more small caliber weapons ... it is supposed to be to survive, not war period.

yeah man i'm not arguing with you but they are in the same weapon family all based on the m14 they used in vietnam.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/M14#Mk._14_Mod_0_Enhanced_Battle_Rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_14_Enhanced_Battle_Rifle

The mk 14 ebr is used for both CQ and DMR roles, the battle rifle designation is a term that the military don't really use afaik.

Honestly I never pick up heavy sniper rifles so I consider them a junk spawn and usually only grab the ammo to give to friends that actually use that stuff.  I would much rather have a mk200, zafir, or any assault rifle over a sniper especially in this mod.  No point in sniping people at traders either. I find that to be just stupid.  So basically I guess when you consider the those rifles more of a junk spawn its not such a big problem.

Yes, I've been watching kiory model it on stream so it's comming.

You can see a video from his last broadcast here.

Yehaaaaaa   good old L115 action  :)

you guys should hope your server is full when i try to join and got this lovely weapon in my hand ;)

sadly your server is always full when i miss the restart time -.-

you should get a second server

@ria_jacket(new)....... i´m not your son and i am very calm because i said excactly the same like u (its alpha, balance will be incomming)....is everybody in down under acting like you when he dont get positive feedback to his post?....selfish