Too group dependant?

WhatILack

Get active on your community of choice's forum so players get familiar with your name and how you portray yourself. AFter a while asking on radio channel for a team-up will pay dividends. It's just a shame so many communities removed sidechat, as that's the best tool for interacting. And before anyone shouts "unrealistic", just look at your present antagonists and worse still, your future giant one.

I agree with you on sidechat, finding a radio to talk to everyone else can suck a dick.

Get active on your community of choice's forum so players get familiar with your name and how you portray yourself. AFter a while asking on radio channel for a team-up will pay dividends. It's just a shame so many communities removed sidechat, as that's the best tool for interacting. And before anyone shouts "unrealistic", just look at your present antagonists and worse still, your future giant one.

I'm gonna fucking strangle you.

Ps. get an Avatar.

OK besides the point of "realism" as lets face it the MOD is not realism - far too many guns - far too many dickheads - But let's focus on the fact that it is an "In Development" MOD - Why are people treating it like an extras based Wasteland? If we actually worked together like proper testers do then the development of this MOD would increase exponentially. Testing the looting system - Testing the Building system - Testing the vehicle sell/buy system - at current rate people that are meant to be testing this MOD are treating it as Wasteland with a few added extra's

If you actually want to help the developers stop being fuckwits and do what you are here to do help with the development testing by helping others in-game. When it's released by all means shoot each other as much as you want but I actually want to be able to test this and report bugs / issues / fixes with the developers not constantly having to loot up so I can do said testing for the developers.

Honestly I can see why those fuckers released 0.1.03 - so people could set up home servers and actually do testing without some bellend shooting them.

FML

Watch some of Andrea´s videos they are for a other mod but he has some very educational instructions to survival that to many points fit here to. Take your time and find a quiet town, I have been in 2 the last 2 day´s looting in peace. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3J0bYsBm790Tc-KHw2hPKw

This is my last effort with you but at least Iv´e tried, PVP players are here to stay so learn to be sneaky, stealthy and stay away from towns close to spawn´s.

Lone wolf here, I play serious in HC and have a 'fun' char in normal.

Lone is all RP, be scared all the time lol, I learned my lessons. Finding gear and building stamina are things that I want to maintain, I do not under any circumstances want to die.

Sat I found a car, drove around carefully to a far far end of the map, saw another car. Heck, I drove BOTH cars 4.5KM to the nearest trader switching cars often and running back to the other. Saw a mil truck pulling out as I arrived, sat there and crap my pants.

But he/she was probably as scared as I and probably thought I had a buddy. He high tailed, I wiped my ass with a leaf and continued on.

These are the lone wolf experiences I love. You gear is ultimately more important and well hard earned.

Take this idea one step further and get to know everyone in this community. Make friends on the forums as well as well as the Radio Channel in game. I have pulled two players here recently one from the radio channel and one from the forums.  :D This community rocks!

OK so how is a lone wolf meant to interact with the larger groups to join said groups (within game) without being killed? 

1: Have something to offer a group (Skill / Time / Materials)

- if you interact and whine in game like you have been doing in this thread your not going to get very far.

2: Interact on Forums, Teamspeak, Radio chat. ( if using radio, offer trades or assistance in game. Expect traps and don't ever say you are solo)

3: if your playing Lone-wolf you need to understand that you have to play very differently than a group of people.

-Its much more difficult to play aggressively in an encounter when you are outnumbered but not impossible.( and you don't always need to be aggressive to win)

-you need to take time know how many enemies and where they all are before you start shooting. where a group of 3+ can  usually just start shooting and figure it out as they go

- it is much easier for you to move unseen Solo than it is for any group to move in the same space. groups are going to be shot at more often than a solo player

-you can carry more than one gun. usually 2 rifles and a pistol  are pretty easy to pull off... so USE THEM!

its very possible for you to make a group of people think you are more than one person. Fire one gun(Heavy sniper), then move position and/or swap weapons and fire the second gun(red tracers). swap back and fire the sniper again. Swap and run to a few different positions and you just might confuse them enough.. you don't need to be perfectly accurate with every shot, just make them think there is more than one enemy for long enough take eyes off of you while they try to spot the extra man or duck behind cover to avoid getting Sniped. you might even chase them off.

If we actually worked together like proper testers do then the development of this MOD would increase exponentially. Testing the looting system - Testing the Building system - Testing the vehicle sell/buy system - at current rate people that are meant to be testing this MOD are treating it as Wasteland with a few added extra's

If you actually want to help the developers stop being fuckwits and do what you are here to do help with the development testing by helping others in-game.

there is a limit to how long you can test out "Looting a trashpile" i have played 20-30hours a week sins public release and 150hours pre public release so far i have built... 4 bases, if there are any problems with any of the functions ingame i will report them. and guess what, that is enough. This is a open alpha for people to test out the gameplay aswell.

Lone wolf isn't extremely hard but you need atleast one friend to actually get the looting done like last night I sniped a four man group with my Lynx after they landed their Orca by a shipping container I had to have him go fly the Orca away because I was busy sniping a two man group that came.

Realistically you're going to have a harder time but lone wolfing isn't really that beneficial in anyway I mean if you have a group that coordinates accurately and correctly you can take out a six man group with three people easily.

I am starting to see that  there is no way I'm gonna be able to go solo.

Once you amass a little valuables, it becomes too dicey going into any towns that might be worth it.

You need someone to watch your back at traders.

You have more chance meeting a friendly with a group as they won't take the chance so quickly or at least they will assume you have some experience.

A lone guy looks like an easy target.

If I can avoid KOS I may try to negotiate being a little runner slave in exchange for items tho lol

My to sense, I think that having groups is great but really a group of max 4 is more then enough. Most the time when groups do get big mistakes happen and people start killing each other by mistake and basically a whole cluster fuck.

The only thing I would like to see removed is the Revive option that I think benefits groups to much, it changes group behaviour so many take unnecessary risks that they would not do without it.

I usually play in group but really like to go out alone and hunt to, In a other mod where Revive isn´t a option the common group works in a completely different way then I have noticed here in Epoch. There they are scared to die and easier to push into mistakes but here they both usually have Revive and quite close to Spawnpoints making them play way more aggressive and don´t give a shit if they live or die.

Remove the Revive function for a much more interesting battles and it would make lives more precious for group members.

When that big monster comes around, I feel that people will really try to group more often in fear of that.

And perhaps that will bring opportunity for people to show friendliness to strangers, if people join into the fight, maybe develop some trust out there.

Or maybe some strategy for a hidden loner to watch and see the results of a group getting their ass kicked lol

my 2 cents as a group of 2 players.... IT SUCKS HARD

What really grinds my gears is the fact that no matter how hard you try the bigger groups look to you as an easy prey and will shoot without provocation and actually taunt you will you're dead waiting for the re-spawn, tbh it has become such an issue for me that both KOS and the loot spawning system favours the large groups as the OP states that I find the MOD not even worth playing.

I can spend 8 hours (and i have done this) looting through EVERY building and finding either things I cannot carry as I don't have a BP / car / chopper then when I do get to a semi decent level after avoiding literally everyone in the game so I don't get KOS so I can start base building some ass hats with snipers pop you in the head and one of their jolly old chums comes running over and take all your stuff whilst taunting you on the ground.

Honestly I am giving this MOD another week if things don;t change I will be waiting till the server files are released and setting up a PVE ONLY server as I am sick to fucking death of testing the respawn function fuck you very much.

Sorry for the swearing but as you can probably make out im rather frustrated atm.

Pry

Welcome to the entire genre

All in all, in an established group the mod is a little too easy whereas on the other hand maybe a little too hard for smaller groups or solo players. (A solo player hasn't got a hope in hell of building a base, even a 1x1 shack)

A good base for solo players is simply building a doorway over an existing house and locking it that way.

this game is mainly KOS if you don't want KOS go play breaking point where all the other fairys have to have the ranger class going

Have you played breaking point? Even the rangers KOS other rangers. It doesnt matter, 99% of people KOS on that pos.

"A good base for solo players is simply building a doorway..."

Really? Have you tested this? This may be a nice strategy for me right now for where I'm at.

It may also be a bright red bullseye.

Sadly, the Epoch Gods made base building in such a way that that beautiful, simple and effective method, is no longer possible.