axemans AI bus route compatible with Epoch?

bFe

Question

"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in  ???

it is necessary to continue?    ....DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

yeah i f*cked up with pasting :P

"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && ((vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

"CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER andy B 1-1-C:1 (andy) REMOTE IN Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1"

keeps killing me and giving this

Got the same error (im using sarge ai)

i grab the Busroute from here: Link

Then i change in init_bus.sqf (line 48)

dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_axeBus];

to:

PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_axeBus];

All works fine for me, i can join the bus and dont die anymore. Hope it helps

Im trying to run this script on epoch, the bus is exploding *presumably on spawn* in Berenzino. The driver and drivers mate are being ejected from the burning bus and starting to run the route on foot, more and more busses are spawning and more AI are running down the coast. The pile of burning buses is spectacular but not very functional, any idea what could be causing this?

Im trying to run this script on epoch, the bus is exploding *presumably on spawn* in Berenzino. The driver and drivers mate are being ejected from the burning bus and starting to run the route on foot, more and more busses are spawning and more AI are running down the coast. The pile of burning buses is spectacular but not very functional, any idea what could be causing this?

Lol very descriptive. Have updated the gihub with a line from Flenz (above) that will help with stopping the bus blowing up as players join it, thanks Flenz.

However, I think your problem is that you are running the server side part of the script on the client PCs, which is why there is more than one bus appearing..

if (isServer) then {
        //Bus Route
        [true] execVM "busroute\init_bus.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
        //Bus Route
        [] execVM "busroute\player_axeBus.sqf";
};

Lol very descriptive. Have updated the gihub with a line from Flenz (above) that will help with stopping the bus blowing up as players join it, thanks Flenz.

However, I think your problem is that you are running the server side part of the script on the client PCs, which is why there is more than one bus appearing..

if (isServer) then {
        //Bus Route
        [true] execVM "busroute\init_bus.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
        //Bus Route
        [] execVM "busroute\player_axeBus.sqf";
};

mine is doing the same. And i have this

if (isServer) then {

//Bus Route

[true] execVM "plugins\busroute\init_bus.sqf";

};

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Bus Route

[] execVM "plugins\busroute\player_axeBus.sqf";

};

I have installed the script but I can´t access the bus. I have DZAI on my Epoch 1.0.2.4 server. I´ve done the fix but now the bus wont stop.

Here are so many fixes as I don´t know what fix I have to put in.

I´ve put in the fix from twistit and the fix after from axeman.

Thanks for your help :)

Edit: Added more server details. Sorry for that.

Thos fixes are to stop the bus being blown up as a hacked in item.

The issue with DZAI is it changes the side of the AI to unfriendly so they lock the bus, this should fix that:

Also for anyone who wants to run the bus together with DZAI, following fixed the not being able to get on the bus problem:

In init_bus.sqf change

_axeBusGroup = createGroup RESISTANCE;

to

_axeBusGroup = createGroup WEST;

and comment out

//Set Sides
//    _firstRun = _this select 0;
//    if(_firstRun)then{
//    createCenter RESISTANCE;
//    RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST,1];//Like Survivors..
//    RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST,0];//Don't like banditos !
//    WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE,1];
//    EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
//    };

Now you can get on the bus and it will less likely try to run you over ^^

Thos fixes are to stop the bus being blown up as a hacked in item.

The issue with DZAI is it changes the side of the AI to unfriendly so they lock the bus, this should fix that:

Jepp. That works.

I put in your delete Debris and kill Zed´s function but it does not work.

The bus is hanging in Balota and driving around between buildings. After 10 min. the bus drives on the airfield and moving forward and backward near the tower. I left the bus after another 10 min. Some players told me that there is a bus on the balota airfield with a running engine. That was 30 min. after I left the airfield.

I like this script. It´s a funny "event" for my players. But it´s a little bit buggy in some situations.

Good work so far, axeman :)

I will test this but a simpler option may be to do this:

[DZE_safeVehicle, _axeBus] call BIS_fnc_arrayPush;

in the bus init code..

I am gonna try fixing all rating problems, by calling 

while {alive player} do
{
    if (rating player < 0) then {
        player addRating abs(rating player);
    };
    sleep 1;
};

As fixrating.sqf in the mission file. will report results

did not fix
Edited by Baker

Hit a snag in panthera they wont cross the bridges  also was wondering about something else if you had dzai and sarge and wanted to set either one to be static base guards could you set either to west as well like above

Seem to be only the taff grove bridge cant ven walk across it without sinking in like deep mud i just deleted that bus stop instead

Hi,

&nbsp;

installed it. Following your instructions.

added

5 addWaypoint !"\"addWaypoint\"," !"units\add_unit.sqf" !"busroute\bus_driver.sqf"
at the bottom of my scripts.txt

&nbsp;

Arma version 103718

Running Day Z Epoch version 1.0.4.2(a)

Using Sarge AI

&nbsp;

First i get stucked by joining with the "waiting for create character" screen.

&nbsp;

Try some fixes from here.

&nbsp;

Like:

&nbsp;

comment out the side block

and set _axeBusGroup = createGroup WEST;

also add _axeBus setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

after the _axeBus = "Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1" createVehicle _axeBuspawnpos; line.

&nbsp;

Now i get kicked off by script restriction #2

_this addbackpackCargoGlobal ["DZ_Backpack_EP1",2];

_this setVariable ["permaLoot"

08.04.2014 13:27:24: Player (127.1.1.0:12345) 1fe3f350d6a83e95732d14435bccb47b - #2 "{

_axeBusDriver = driver _x;

_axeBusDriver stop true;

any ideas?

1 "addBackpackCargoGlobal" !"_holder addbackpackcargoGlobal \[_x,\(_objWpnQty select _countr\)\];"

1 HelicopterExplo !"_expl=createVehicle \[\"HelicopterExploSmall\",\(getPosATL _v\),\[\],0,\"CAN_COLLIDE\"\];"

5 "Logic" !"\"Logic\" createVehicleLocal" !"sideLogic" !"BIS_MPF_clientJIPlogic" !"_humanity_logic"

5 "FunctionsManager"

5 BattleFieldClearance

these are my first 5 lines in scripts.txt

is it correct if i add

1 "addBackpackCargoGlobal" !"_holder addbackpackcargoGlobal \[_x,\(_objWpnQty select _countr\)\];" !"busroute\player_axeBus.sqf"

or

1 "addBackpackCargoGlobal" !"_holder addbackpackcargoGlobal \[_x,\(_objWpnQty select _countr\)\];" !"_axeBusDriver = driver _x;" !"_axeBusDriver stop true;"

sorry. i did not understand the filtersystem quite as i should to run a server :D

I think i found it. Have to test it later. but i think its

&nbsp;

5 "Logic" !"\"Logic\" createVehicleLocal" !"sideLogic" !"BIS_MPF_clientJIPlogic" !"_humanity_logic"

&nbsp;

cause in the log

&nbsp;

16.04.2014 11:21:20: xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) xxxxx - #2 "{ _axeBusDriver = driver _x; _axeBusDriver stop true; axeBusLogic action ["useWeapon",_x,_axeBusDriver,0]; sleep .2; axeBusLogi"

&nbsp;

need to add !"axeBusLogic"

edit: works!

Next is new routes and second or third bus. :D

Right so i have this on my test server, the problem is players can enter the bus' driver seat and drive it, is there anyway to fix this, i'm currently running Wicked AI if that could cause the issue?

EDIT: I derped, i didn't have the files setup right, it was searching in "addons\busroute\xxxxx.sqf" but i have "custom\busroute\xxxxx.sqf"

just installed this on current version DayZ Overpoch Napf and it works great. i have it set as a Vodnik and it roams the west and north coasts (the common spawn coasts of Napf) and its pretty neat.

heres a question though. with minor editing could this be turn into a air bus? like if i replace the vehicle with a MV-22 or Chinook and change some other stuff would this conceivably fly to each waypoint and land? or would it just keep flying? id love to have this same type of script but with a air vehicle so that the entire circuit of the "bus route" is faster, that way people in need of transport will get pickup up more often.