New Servers Popping Up

olliepack

At this time I would say stay off of them. We have a new patch coming out that will also make all of those servers "Out of Date" meaning they get stuck and we move on.

There is no point in trying to run a Epoch server right now as we are working to give the whole community a product that they can mod freely. This doesn't happen if we have these botched servers running different code from ours. 

In the end it will just slow things down a little because now we will have people reporting about bugs on servers we don't support/host.

I just wish I could play the game again, since the AU servers are gone, playing with 250ms + latency isn't enjoyable. 

having withdrawals here haha. 

There is no point in trying to run a Epoch server right now as we are working to give the whole community a product that they can mod freely. 

as a server host with a dedicated machine, this makes me very happy. 

best of luck with the development and hopefully we will be seeing some official AU based servers soon. 

What's the deal with these? Presumably its OCNetworks selling the server files right? Should we play on them? Its hard now to know which servers are legit and which aren't without going through the website "one click join" thing. Will there be a punishment for joining them?

Wow selling, server files of someone elses work, what a piece of shit OCNetworks are, lowlifes.

At this time I would say stay off of them. We have a new patch coming out that will also make all of those servers "Out of Date" meaning they get stuck and we move on.

There is no point in trying to run a Epoch server right now as we are working to give the whole community a product that they can mod freely. This doesn't happen if we have these botched servers running different code from ours. 

In the end it will just slow things down a little because now we will have people reporting about bugs on servers we don't support/host.

What did you guys do to mister T, so he lost 2 servers?

i understand but, alot of epoch fans still don't have keys and even alpher would be fun atm instead of sitting on hands. especially the older players that didnt have time to watch twitch streams and what knots

If 1.0.3 was meant to solve this issue it has not. All the "Unofficial" servers are at 1.0.3 and are the only ones with slots available for players to join who do not realize they are playing on "Unofficial" servers.... So because of this would you not think it is prudent to allow more to be opened / hosted by trusted companies that have to sign a contract of non-disclosure between yourselves and them.

Either make the official servers 100 slot or add more servers so the unofficial ones become empty, useless and a financial drain for those hosting them.

Pry