unlock vehicles after 5 days of inactivity (mysql event)?

rentiger1112

Question

13 answers to this question

UPDATE `object_data` SET CharacterID = 0 WHERE LastUpdated < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 5 DAY) AND CharacterID > 0 AND Classname NOT IN ('VaultStorage','LockboxStorage','VaultStorageLocked','LockboxStorageLocked','WoodShack_DZ','StorageShed_DZ','TentStorageDomed','TentStorageDomed2','TentStorage','Wooden_shed_DZ','GunRack_DZ','WoodCrate_DZ') AND Inventory <> '[]' AND Inventory IS NOT NULL

here is mine sql event... works perfect

UPDATE `object_data` SET CharacterID = 0 WHERE LastUpdated < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 5 DAY) AND CharacterID > 0 AND Classname NOT IN ('VaultStorage','LockboxStorage','VaultStorageLocked','LockboxStorageLocked','WoodShack_DZ','StorageShed_DZ','TentStorageDomed','TentStorageDomed2','TentStorage','Wooden_shed_DZ','GunRack_DZ','WoodCrate_DZ') AND Inventory <> '[]' AND Inventory IS NOT NULL

thanks

will that always work or do I have to run the event every day ??

shouldn't it be a drop event ?

im asking since I still dont understand sql stuff too well 

I just run that as a query and its there forever ?

will that always work or do I have to run the event every day ??

shouldn't it be a drop event ?

im asking since I still dont understand sql stuff too well 

I just run that as a query and its there forever ?

This is the execution code for event. If you run this code now it will just run once. You need to make an event separately for this to keep running.

Edit// In other words, this should be the correct code for making it an actual event:

DROP EVENT IF EXISTS unlockUnusedVehicles;
CREATE EVENT unlockUnusedVehicles
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 4 HOUR
    COMMENT 'Unlocks any vehicle that has not been touched for 5 days'
    DO
      UPDATE `object_data` SET CharacterID = 0 WHERE LastUpdated < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 5 DAY) AND CharacterID > 0 AND Classname NOT IN ('VaultStorage','LockboxStorage','VaultStorageLocked','LockboxStorageLocked','WoodShack_DZ','StorageShed_DZ','TentStorageDomed','TentStorageDomed2','TentStorage','Wooden_shed_DZ','GunRack_DZ','WoodCrate_DZ') AND Inventory <> '[]' AND Inventory IS NOT NULL;
;

Edited by Rocu

Here's mine:

/* Unlock Purchased Untouched Vehicles */
UPDATE `object_data`
SET `CharacterID` = 0
WHERE `LastUpdated` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 5 DAY)
AND `CharacterID` > 0
AND `Classname`
NOT REGEXP 'barrier|storage|shed|bench|wall|floor|fence|pump|wood|hrescue|stick|pole|generator|panel|house|rack|bag|stand|barrel|canvas|wire|hedgehog|net|trap|ramp|fort|sand|scaffold|nest';

Here's mine:

UPDATE `object_data`
SET `CharacterID` = 0
AND `CharacterID` > 0
AND `Classname`
NOT REGEXP 'barrier|storage|shed|bench|wall|floor|fence|pump|wood|hrescue|stick|pole|generator|panel|house|rack|bag|stand|barrel|canvas|wire|hedgehog|net|trap|ramp|fort|sand|scaffold|nest';

So you just chuck that in the query and it just continues as a event?

I suck with the database stuff :P

So you just chuck that in the query and it just continues as a event?

I suck with the database stuff :P

>.< As I said like 3 posts above, you need to actually make it to an event first. That code he provided is the code that is supposed to execute every X day. It isn't the code that makes the "execute every X day" thing happen. Capiche?

If you don't know how to make an event, use this code instead:

DROP EVENT IF EXISTS unlockUnusedVehicles;
CREATE EVENT unlockUnusedVehicles
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 4 HOUR
    COMMENT 'Unlocks any vehicle that has not been touched for 5 days'
    DO
		UPDATE `object_data`
		SET `CharacterID` = 0
		AND `CharacterID` > 0
		AND `Classname`
;

Now THIS is the code you can just chuck in the query and it starts looping itself every 5 days. (Haven't tested, but should work)

Edited by Rocu

Why would you only want it to run every 5 days?

I run that every time one of my servers start...

You're right, my bad. OP wanted 5 days so it kind of got stuck in my mind and wrote 5 days everywhere :D . Edited my scripts above.

Here's mine:

UPDATE `object_data`
SET `CharacterID` = 0
AND `CharacterID` > 0
AND `Classname`

What exactly does this one do?? 

What exactly does this one do?? 

Well, in technical terms, it sets CharacterID to 0 (clears ownership / removes the need for a key) for any item, that has not been updated within 5 days. Exceptions include barrier, storage, shed, etc etc. The exception is necessary so that it doesn't reset things like safes, lockboxes, locked doors etc. So it applies only on vehicles.