Database Issues

Tricks

Question

Ok I am having an issue with slow traders on Epoch Chernarus. I have added only one custom trader and I'm sure he is not being used anywhere else. It has been fine for months now. We even did a database wipe last week to give our players a fresh start. Now in less then a week there is such major lag with all our traders (default and custom). Vehicles don't lock right away after purchase and players are getting locked inside because they don't wait. That's if the vehicle even appears, most times it takes the players money but doesn't spawn in the car. Even with our admin tools, vehicles disappear after we spawn them in. Our server host customer support says we probably have too many dead bodies and bases on the map. But it's only been a week since the database wipe, before that we ran for months without issues.

We have the multi-character script running, would this cause errors like this?

Its not database related. We have config traders and it happens to us too.

On 1042 it was fine, when Epoch moved to 105/1051 was when it started.

The first 45-60mins after a restart its fine, then it takes longer and longer for purchased vehicles to spawn and lock.

I would suggest its an error with server monitor or server publish vehicle.

The first 45-60mins after a restart its fine, then it takes longer and longer for purchased vehicles to spawn and lock.

Hey MGT,

Did you manage to get the issue resolved in anyway?

nvm, did not read the complete qustion, yes i have it 2. Trader itself dont lag, but the vehicle buy, the thing with locked inside and so on.

I can't believe we are all having this issue..... MGT your server is ranked 7th and players to flock to your awesome server. I guess I will just have to explain to my players that this is an Epoch issue, not a server issue.

Is it still worth putting config traders in, what see the benefits?

We had this issue for the first time yesterday, i'm thinking about getting config based traders but i don't find a good link also i found a topic where someone said he restarts hes database everytime the server restarted and that helped for him?  :blink:

EDIT: found this topic right now, 

Same problem here. Config based traders won't make any difference with this problem. Bought vehicles can take up to 10 minutes to spawn. I have gone through all files related to vehicle spawning and I can't see a thing that could cause this but something in 1051 started it.

I don't have this issue. Vehicles spawn right away and I do not use config traders. The only time I had this issue I was able to trace it to the drink water from sources script. Running 1.0.5.1 as well. Any new scripts installed? If by chance you run the drink water script try removing that first. Just trying to think here. If you run infiSTAR for shits and giggles you could try changing the setting for vehicle Id check to false. Not sure if its related but worth a shot.

I don't have this issue. Vehicles spawn right away and I do not use config traders. The only time I had this issue I was able to trace it to the drink water from sources script. Running 1.0.5.1 as well. Any new scripts installed? If by chance you run the drink water script try removing that first. Just trying to think here. If you run infiSTAR for shits and giggles you could try changing the setting for vehicle Id check to false. Not sure if its related but worth a shot.

Happens with or without infiSTAR installed

Me neither, i only get it when there are like over 25 players online.. i think it has to do with the server being too busy..  :angry:

We have this problem too. However, wiping the database did stop a lot of our problems (We had over 9000 items in the object_data part). Although, it seems to be returning ever so slightly. The thing is, before 2 hours and 30 mins it is pretty much fine but after a while it starts going haywire with seagulls and slow buy time and stuck on retrying authentication. This leads me to believe that there is some problem with how the cache or data is handled between the server scripts and the database. 

Look for major changes in the code and compare them to 1.0.4.2 and see if you can identify anything. We have managed to limit most of these problems but sometimes the buy time reaches 1 minute at most. 

I am running cfg traders as well.

Don't really have much of an issue with cfg except for that it will help reduce d'sync since the server doesn't have to query that data.

90% of the time wiping the object data in the sql will help clear up lag, What I found to be the issue is that objects cause a lot of d'syc and lag on on the server.

That being said I believe it would help out more if base maintain was on and that the server deleted all objects (including vehicles) if not unlocked, drove or maintained in the last 15 days... I feel this would reduce the d'sync and lag issues.

I do wish vbawol would look into a better way on quering the player objects.