[RELEASE] Shared Plot Poles

rosska85

UPDATE: Merged with which provides a GUI for adding and removing players, please see that thread for details. 

This lets players give other players the right to build at their plot pole without having to rely on the 'friendly' system where the person has to be online for their friends to build.
It was created for use on my own server because my friends and I all build at a base together and it was getting really annoying having to remove plot poles all the time if the person who placed it had gone offline.

I've tested it with Epoch 1.0.5.1 unmodded and also running Plot for Life. Install instructions have been provided for unmodded, modded, and Plot for Life specifically. 

How it works:
When a player is near a plot pole they own (or have been added to) and they are looking at another player, they'll get the option to get the player's UID.
Then they can look at the plot pole and select to give that player build rights.
The information is stored in the 'inventory' column of the database for the plot pole so server restarts, player deaths, etc wont cause that player to lose access.

Features:
  • Allows the owner to add other players to the plot pole so the player no longer needs to be online for their friend to build at their plot
  • Added players can add other players to the plot pole
  • Added players can remove other players from the plot pole (if using Plot for Life, owner cannot be removed)
  • Added players can upgrade all objects in range of the plot pole
  • Added players can build anything inside of the plot pole radius (except other plot poles obviously)
  • Added players can remove any object inside the plot pole radius
  • (Non Plot for Life Version Only) Player can add their own UID to the plot pole when they first build it so they don't lose access if they die

Installation Instructions can be found on my GitHub

Credits:
OtterNas3 because his key change script is where I learned how to make a self populating menu for the menu used to remove added UIDs from a plot pole.
Edited by rosska85

Nice.  I was thinking of doing the same sort of thing at a later date.  Glad someone else has done it first  :) .

Just a heads up that the build system will be changing quite a bit for Epoch 1.0.5.2 when it comes out so you may want to take a look at the Epoch Git.  A Plot for life should be included (although turned off by default).

Nice.  I was thinking of doing the same sort of thing at a later date.  Glad someone else has done it first  :) .

Just a heads up that the build system will be changing quite a bit for Epoch 1.0.5.2 when it comes out so you may want to take a look at the Epoch Git.  A Plot for life should be included (although turned off by default).

Thanks. :)

Do you happen to have a link to the latest Git version of Epoch? I tried looking for it when I saw about the upcoming changes to player_build but all I could find was the one located here which is just client/server files and not the actual dayz_code etc.

Edit: nvm, turns out it is there I just wasn't looking in the right place haha. 

Can i offer a combined mod for this? i love your idea saving the  puid's to the gear section. I did it to the worlspace, what makes some issues if i wanna release it for everyone.

But i can offer a combined version with your saving system and my management system where you would have a graphical interface dialog where u can see the playernames en PUID's on the dialog, easely add and remove them.

I hope you would bare interest in this, so we dont have to compeet but work together ^^

Do you mean this?

Yep it is there buy a bit deeper in here.

Thanks guys, yeah I found it just after posting. Not sure how I missed it before. It looks like the section I edit in player_build is unchanged in that version, so shouldn't need to change anything yet. I'll be sure to test it though. 

aaah shit ^^, i had better released mine, now i'm not exclusive anymore haha ^^.

And looks nice btw

Haha, thanks! :)  I did have a look around to see if anybody else had made a system for this yet and couldn't find any so just did it myself.

Can i offer a combined mod for this? i love your idea saving the  puid's to the gear section. I did it to the worlspace, what makes some issues if i wanna release it for everyone.

But i can offer a combined version with your saving system and my management system where you would have a graphical interface dialog where u can see the playernames en PUID's on the dialog, easely add and remove them.

I hope you would bare interest in this, so we dont have to compeet but work together ^^

Yeah I'll send you a PM about it. I'd be up for trying to tie them in together. I preferred the idea of storing it in the inventory because things like plot for life already use worldspace, plus it's easier to update the gear with a simple updateObjects call haha. I had originally wanted a GUI but then went for the self populating menu idea because it seemed easier to implement quickly, and had the idea of going back to add in names on the list next to the UID but hadn't quite figured out how to get the name from the UID yet. 

Edit: Can't send you a PM for some reason. 

Edited by rosska85

Yeah I'll send you a PM about it. I'd be up for trying to tie them in together. I preferred the idea of storing it in the inventory because things like plot for life already use worldspace, plus it's easier to update the gear with a simple updateObjects call haha. I had originally wanted a GUI but then went for the self populating menu idea because it seemed easier to implement quickly, and had the idea of going back to add in names on the list next to the UID but hadn't quite figured out how to get the name from the UID yet. 

Dont worriyabout merging them ^^

Thats only max 30 minuts for me haha ^^

U cant get a name from PUID, ( but ill work my magic ^^). 

I'm going home from work an start on it right away ^^.

Dont worriyabout merging them ^^

Thats only max 30 minuts for me haha ^^

U cant get a name from PUID, ( but ill work my magic ^^). 

I'm going home from work an start on it right away ^^.

I am curious to see what your GUI is like because another reason I avoided GUI was that I didn't want to make it too 'clunky'. We used a GUI for base building 1.3 shared ownership and a lot of people found it to be quite awkward, so I wanted to change it up for this one and make it as simple as possible. The removal menu for this one displays the UIDs and you just need to click it to remove them. So all in all, it takes two clicks to add a person and two clicks to remove a person. 

Ah ok, I didn't realise you were taking over the project when you said about combining them haha. 

Im sorry haha, didnt mean to steal it, i had my system up for a month or 2 but your saving to gear system was the solution to make it public ( worldspace with vectoer/p4l,/snap pro, made it somewhat difficult to release easely), it says by zupa AND  rosska85 , + extra credits a bit lower 2. 

I can make u co owner of the github repo, so we can work on it together for future changes?

Im sorry haha, didnt mean to steal it, i had my system up for a month or 2 but your saving to gear system was the solution to make it public ( worldspace with vectoer/p4l,/snap pro, made it somewhat difficult to release easely), it says by zupa AND  rosska85 , + extra credits a bit lower 2. 

I can make u co owner of the github repo, so we can work on it together for future changes?

Yeah that's fine man, I just hadn't realised though it does make sense. 

If you would like to add me then that'd be good yeah, I'm happy to continue help with support and what not. 

• 2 weeks later...

I still use your version as I am afraid there will be conflicts with zuppas gui. 

I always get conflicts with any addons that use a gui rscpicture or something like that...

please keep this version available...

sometimes it stops working like it forgets who was added to it, and sometimes it does not even show up  when scroll on plot pole..