Force players to log out on skin change?

Rocu

Question

So I'm trying to semi-disable (if that's a word) the skin changing process. I want to force players to re-log back into the game to change their skins. By force I don't mean that players actually get disconnected by the game but instead a message that pops up saying 'In order to change your skin you must re-log'. After looking into files like player_switchModel.sqf, player_humanityMorph.sqf, player_wearClothes.sqf I managed to go as far as disabling the model-changing and getting the message to pop up. But I can't seem to actually apply the skin change to their character in my database. Their clothing item disappears and Civilian clothes appears but if they re-log they still have their civilian clothing on.

I didn't see a code that would actually update the player's model on the database so I'm assuming it doesn't actually do that? It just relies on player_sync to update their current model.

Unless I'm completely wrong and I missed something.

Anyway, if anyone knows a workaround that can lead to that, that'd be great.

12 answers to this question

yes, player sync does that. You could edit the sync to use a Global Variable to update the player_model ( then set this global variablre in your switch_model for example). So it gets updated, but u dont see it until he relogs.

in player_wearClothes.sqf

add this

if (!isNil "SkinChangeOnce") exitWith 
DZE_ActionInProgress = false;
	cutText ['You have already changed your skin, please log to lobby and back to change your skin again!', 'PLAIN'];
};

after 

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

Add this 

SkinChangeOnce = true;

right before 

at the bottom 

CREDIT: MACA134

Ahh, I had that problem once, but was another script that caused it (Can't remember which)

But even with out this script I can change skin all that I wan't, change skin over 20 times with in 5 min when I tested my overpoch skin, no ploblems.

I only added this script to make it easyer to track skin change dupe

after 

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

Just now I tried to implement this and it doesn't seem to work. Firstly I dont have 'closeDialog 1;' line in my player_wearClothes.sqf. Nevertheless I tried those said things and it didn't work. I click 'Wear clothes' on an item and nothing happens. I click it again and a message pops up 'Changing clothes already in progess.'

Here's my player_wearClothes.sqf WITH the update applied:

/*
_item spawn player_wearClothes;
Added Female skin changes - DayZ Epoch - vbawol
*/
private ["_item","_onLadder","_hasclothesitem","_config","_text","_myModel","_itemNew","_currentSex","_newSex","_model","_playerNear"];

if(DZE_ActionInProgress) exitWith { cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_83") , "PLAIN DOWN"] };
DZE_ActionInProgress = true;

_item = _this;
call gear_ui_init;

if (!isNil "SkinChangeOnce") exitWith 
	cutText ['Please log to lobby and back to change your skin!', 'PLAIN'];
};

_onLadder =		(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
if (_onLadder) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_player_21") , "PLAIN DOWN"]};

_hasclothesitem = _this in magazines player;
_config = configFile >> "CfgMagazines";
_text = getText (_config >> _item >> "displayName");

if (!_hasclothesitem) exitWith { DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "str_player_31"),_text,"wear"] , "PLAIN DOWN"]};

if (vehicle player != player) exitWith { DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_85"), "PLAIN DOWN"]};

//if (!isNull (unitBackpack player)) exitWith { DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_9"), "PLAIN DOWN"] };

if ("CSGAS" in (magazines player)) exitWith { DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_10"), "PLAIN DOWN"] };

_myModel = (typeOf player);
_itemNew = "Skin_" + _myModel;

//diag_log ("Debug Clothes: model In: " + str(_itemNew) + " Out: " + str(_item));

if ( (isClass(_config >> _itemNew)) ) then {
	if ( (isClass(_config >> _item)) ) then {
		// Current sex of player skin

_currentSex = getText (configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Skins" >> _itemNew >> "sex");
		// Sex of new skin
		_newSex = getText (configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Skins" >> _item >> "sex");
		//diag_log ("Debug Clothes: sex In: " + str(_currentSex) + " Out: " + str(_newSex));

if(_currentSex == _newSex) then {
			// Get model name from config
			_model = getText (configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Skins" >> _item >> "playerModel");
			if (_model != _myModel) then {
				if(([player,_item] call BIS_fnc_invRemove) == 1) then {
					player addMagazine _itemNew;
					[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,_model] spawn player_humanityMorph;
				};
			};

} else {
			cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_86"), "PLAIN DOWN"];
		};
	};
};
SkinChangeOnce = true;

Edit// Okay there was a missing '{' from your code I added it but it still doesn't do the trick.

I get it that it blocks you from changing clothes twice but that's not really my issue here. I want it to apply changes only in database not in-game so that you need to re log for the skin to apply.

Edit2// Nvm solution found below, mods can delete this post

Edited by Rocu

Bump? Still looking a solution for this. 

I've managed to get as far as everything working as it should except the skin doesn't update in database when player re logs.

Edit// Solution found below, mods can delete this post

(Sorreh for triple post)

yes, player sync does that. You could edit the sync to use a Global Variable to update the player_model ( then set this global variablre in your switch_model for example). So it gets updated, but u dont see it until he relogs.

Couldn't find a decent script anywhere so I took your advice and did it myself. Thanks for the tip. It works perfectly.

If anyone wants this script let me know.