Hackers, help!

Tricks

Question

Hey everyone,

I first want to say thank you to this wonderful community that has helped me so much, I really appreciate it!! I went from knowing zero about servers and scripting. To having a basic knowledge that's growing, and a popular server with over 30 scripts running. An average of 20-30 players on all the time. Thank you community! Free Beans for all!

Ok now for the problem with hackers. I have the latest InfiSTAR running flawlessly. Love the new features. BattleEye and BattleEye Extended running. Now this last week we have maxed out on players which is great, but myself and my active admins keep catching and banning players who are spawning in tanks/apaches. Using infinite ammo/ no recoil, marking the map with coloured markers and on one occasion nuking everyone on the server. This all happened in less than a week.

Is there any other anti hacks I can add or something else that can be done? I also have an idea, perhaps we should start a new topic where everyone can post there ban lists so we can all add them together!

Help? Thoughts?

Thanks!!! :)

18 answers to this question

How about you give infistar a break .There is one of him and an endless amount of hackers out there. Also you have to understand that when you sign up to start hosting servers no one is safe from anything. When players play on servers they (should) know that they run the risk of dealing with a hacker if it's on day or the next. It's just sort of a natural thing. The good guys like Infistar are one of few that actually care and are at least TRYING to keep hackers at bay and, especially for the price, you should be more than greatful that you get the protection that you already do. I can tell you that having a full server comes with more eyes on it, which also comes with more hackers. And at the end of the day there is nothing you can do to avoid that. Infistar is the best and the closest thing you'll get to full protection from whatever may be out there.

I'm not dogging infiSTAR at all, his product is totally amazing. Well worth the money, I am just looking for any additional protection I could add. If InfiSTAR had additional products I would buy them too.

Thanks everyone,

We have been watching players and that's how we are catching the hackers. I'm just worried about when we are not online. We are all adults and have real life that comes first. It was worth a try to ask, thanks again everyone! You as well InfiSTAR!!

You need to mod your AHconfig.sqf to use proper checks, also you need to use updated BE filters and post logs of the event. All that should not be done in public as well.. things you said that happened are all detected by the AH if you did not disable the checks and if it is running properly

Ok latest AH and BE filters installed. AH config all set to recommended settings. Server has been nuked 3 times since then. All players killed and their gear wiped.....

Ok latest AH and BE filters installed. AH config all set to recommended settings. Server has been nuked 3 times since then. All players killed and their gear wiped.....

Tbh your best bet is to setup a scheduled task to backup your db every 15 minutes or so. I had a hacker before that killed everyone on the map, wasn't a biggie for me, I just banned him, stopped the server, restored the backup in seconds, booted it backup, players come back in, hacker gone, happy until it happens again xD.

Tbh your best bet is to setup a scheduled task to backup your db every 15 minutes or so. I had a hacker before that killed everyone on the map, wasn't a biggie for me, I just banned him, stopped the server, restored the backup in seconds, booted it backup, players come back in, hacker gone, happy until it happens again xD.

I was wondering about this, if I was to backup my server every 1h would performance take much of a hit from that?

I was wondering about this, if I was to backup my server every 1h would performance take much of a hit from that?

I backup my server every 15 minutes and there's no performance hit, it backs up pretty much instant. I'm not sure if this influences it but my host uses Linux for the SQL DB which is faster.