[Release] Build Vectors - Rotate objects in Dayz Epoch (v2.34 P4L & non-P4L)

striker

Which one are you using? Regular or P4L + Admin Build?

the normal one (i  hope - i download the first version you uploaded and later the second download spawnt =) ) - i restored to othe old version... thats sad =( i was so happy about the update.

i discoverd that all walls, floors etc disapears after the update

the normal one (i  hope - i download the first version you uploaded and later the second download spawnt =) ) - i restored to othe old version... thats sad =( i was so happy about the update.

i discoverd that all walls, floors etc disapears after the update

boneau,

Did you follow all the instructions? You didn't skip any correct? Also, did you use all my files? You didn't diff merge any of them?

striker 

.@Striker,

could you reproduce the problem, which i described, with spinning for 180 degrees when pressing F-Key?

I didn't have the time to test your new version so far. Will do it this evening or tomorrow.

ABLGDayZ,

I was able to reproduce the issue, I am working on a fix as we speak.

striker

Is it possible to deactivate the ghost preview or will it break the addon??

My Dudes wanna see the object with normal structures.....

DECO1919,

Comment out these two sections if you don't want ghost preview

First:

// if ghost preview available use that instead
	if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	}; 

Second:

_buildOffset = [0,0,0];
		_vUp = _vector select 1;
		switch (_classname) do {
			case "MetalFloor_DZ": { _buildOffset = [(_vUp select 0) * .148, (_vUp select 1) * .148,0]; };
		};

_location = [
			(_location select 0) - (_buildOffset select 0),
			(_location select 1) - (_buildOffset select 1),
			(_location select 2) - (_buildOffset select 2)
		];

striker could you please look at my files :(

Here is a video on what's wrong : Here

Here are my files that relate to this script : Here

Logs : Here

Just in case if you missed it when I press upgrade it then keeps saying Already in progress when I do anything else

I know I have different Directory Scripts\Base_Snapping but there pointing to the right direction 

striker could you please look at my files :(

Here is a video on what's wrong : Here

Here are my files that relate to this script : Here

Logs : Here

Just in case if you missed it when I press upgrade it then keeps saying Already in progress when I do anything else

I know I have different Directory Scripts\Base_Snapping but there pointing to the right direction 

When I put your files into my server, it said it could not find the fn_selfActions.sqf script, If your using your own, make sure that it points to the correct files in PlotForLifev2 folder. Use my fn_selfActions.sqf for reference.

striker

Hey Stryker, thanks for the update! Works great!

Thought maybe you could help with this. When I use  to change the codes on doors now, they disappear on server restart. They will be there and work fine for many reboots until i change then the code. Next reboot they are gone. Any ideas?

Same here

Got this error when i load on the server with buildings 

21:48:41 Error in expression < _countr)];
};
_countr = _countr + 1;
} count _objWpnTypes;

_objWpnTypes = (_in>
21:48:41   Error position: <count _objWpnTypes;

_objWpnTypes = (_in>
21:48:41   Error count: Type String, expected Array
21:48:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 259

Gets stuck on loading screen

Works fine it clean database but not a exciting one 

Got fix ?

after first run from install everything appeared to be working fine, but plot manager had been broken cause I was lazy and just did a full copy-over. Fixed plot manager (I think), but on restart my vector'd('ed?) garage doors were perfectly overlapping eachothers position and no longer banked, and my target cursor got stuck on the door object so I cant really tell if I fixed plot manager either.

Any suggestions are welcome.

###############EDIT - UPDATE###################
I didn't notice the DL custom folder had a compiles.sqf in it, I'm amazed my server even started. This obviously fixed my plot manager issue, but my cursor still gets the last looked at object stuck to it, any my rotated builds wont stay put.

One of the things I have noticed that may be of use is that when I snap two garage doors together to make a double door the worldspace entry in the DB is identical.

Adding this to my init.sqf does nothing for the items in the "no rotate" list. They still are able to be rotated.

The biggest issue right now is player rotating ladders horizontally and glitching through cinder walls...

DZE_noRotate = ["ItemVault","ItemWoodStairs","ItemLockbox","ItemWoodStairsSupport","ItemWoodLadder","30m_plot_kit","workbench_kit"]; //Objects that cannot be rotated. Ex: DZE_noRotate = ["VaultStorageLocked"]

I also tried with the "built" classnames in the database and it didn't work (i.e. "VaultStorageLocked")

Adding this to my init.sqf does nothing for the items in the "no rotate" list. They still are able to be rotated.

The biggest issue right now is player rotating ladders horizontally and glitching through cinder walls...

DZE_noRotate = ["ItemVault","ItemWoodStairs","ItemLockbox","ItemWoodStairsSupport","ItemWoodLadder","30m_plot_kit","workbench_kit"]; //Objects that cannot be rotated. Ex: DZE_noRotate = ["VaultStorageLocked"]

I also tried with the "built" classnames in the database and it didn't work (i.e. "VaultStorageLocked")

In these two sections in player_build.sqf:

if !(_classname in DZE_noRotate) then{
		s_player_setVectorsReset = player addaction ["Reset","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","reset"];
		s_player_setVectorsForward = player addaction ["Pitch Forward","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","forward"];
		s_player_setVectorsBack = player addaction ["Pitch Back","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","back"];
		s_player_setVectorsLeft = player addaction ["Bank Left","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","left"];
		s_player_setVectorsRight = player addaction ["Bank Right","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","right"];
		s_player_setVectors1 = player addaction ["Increment by 1 degree","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","1"];
		s_player_setVectors5 = player addaction ["Increment by 5 degrees","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","5"];
		s_player_setVectors45 = player addaction ["Increment by 45 degrees","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","45"];
		s_player_setVectors90 = player addaction ["Increment by 90 degrees","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","90"];
	};

if !(_classname in DZE_noRotate) then{
		player removeAction s_player_setVectorsReset;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectorsForward;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectorsBack;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectorsLeft;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectorsRight;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectors1;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectors5;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectors45;
		player removeAction s_player_setVectors90;
	};	

Change _classname to _classnametmp. (Use the built classnames)

The issue is it is checking the ghost preview classname to the no rotate array.

Slight error I over looked!

Sorry!

striker

Got this error when i load on the server with buildings 

21:48:41 Error in expression < _countr)];
};
_countr = _countr + 1;
} count _objWpnTypes;

_objWpnTypes = (_in>
21:48:41   Error position: <count _objWpnTypes;

_objWpnTypes = (_in>
21:48:41   Error count: Type String, expected Array