[Release] Build Vectors - Rotate objects in Dayz Epoch (v2.34 P4L & non-P4L)

striker

I got Vectors working with Snap Build Pro 1.4 to the point that you can tilt the tile, but when you start to build it flips back to it's original position. I'm just kind of learning as I go, so I'm not sure where that bit of code is. If anyone could help, that'd be awesome. 

@Striker

I am currently amending my A Plot for Life script to merge it with Epoch 1.0.5.2, Snap Build Pro and the modular building system whilst making it possible to turn it on and off.  Details of the new files are on my Git here.

Someone else has proposed a change as they are also looking at using the worldspace field for something else to fo with vehicles.  To this end I suggest we all get together and have a discussion on how best to utilise the worldspace field for different purposes so when, hopefully, this mod also goes in to the core Epoch build it will be able to fit right in with the minimum of effort (and will also be easier to intergrate for server owners before that point after 1.0.5.2 comes out).

The discussion is if you would like to join in.

@Striker

I am currently amending my A Plot for Life script to merge it with Epoch 1.0.5.2, Snap Build Pro and the modular building system whilst making it possible to turn it on and off.  Details of the new files are on my Git here.

Someone else has proposed a change as they are also looking at using the worldspace field for something else to fo with vehicles.  To this end I suggest we all get together and have a discussion on how best to utilise the worldspace field for different purposes so when, hopefully, this mod also goes in to the core Epoch build it will be able to fit right in with the minimum of effort (and will also be easier to intergrate for server owners before that point after 1.0.5.2 comes out).

The discussion is if you would like to join in.

Hey RimBlock,

Ill take a look at the files when I find a chance to. Also, Ill think of some way to address the issue although yours will probably be the best option.

striker

Hi,

first i had to say sorry 4 my bad english,

got a little problem using this fantastic function on my server. The problem is, i have another script running, its a custom maintain_area.sqf. Everytime someone uses the maintain-function from the Plotpole, all Objects are upgraded to the normal level, they look like builded without Build Vectors... so can somebody tell me what i have to change on my maintain_area.sqf, that the buildingparts will owen the vector-thing after maintaining?

Hope someone understand, what i write down here, and also hope someone could help with that problem...

Here is my maintain_area.sqf...maintain_area.zip

Hi,

first i had to say sorry 4 my bad english,

got a little problem using this fantastic function on my server. The problem is, i have another script running, its a custom maintain_area.sqf. Everytime someone uses the maintain-function from the Plotpole, all Objects are upgraded to the normal level, they look like builded without Build Vectors... so can somebody tell me what i have to change on my maintain_area.sqf, that the buildingparts will owen the vector-thing after maintaining?

Hope someone understand, what i write down here, and also hope someone could help with that problem...

Here is my maintain_area.sqf...attachicon.gifmaintain_area.zip

You need to merge the files, not overwrite each other, use DiffMerge for ease of merging.

You need to merge the files, not overwrite each other, use DiffMerge for ease of merging.

I did merge all the files from this Tut, think the problem is @ maintain_area.sqf... this script without the Vector runs perfect and also the Vector runs perfect without maintain_area.sqf.... think i have to change something in the maintain_area.sqf, maybe something wich is update the building-objects.... but realy dont know how....

I did merge all the files from this Tut, think the problem is @ maintain_area.sqf... this script without the Vector runs perfect and also the Vector runs perfect without maintain_area.sqf.... think i have to change something in the maintain_area.sqf, maybe something wich is update the building-objects.... but realy dont know how....

I never included maintain_area.sqf because I did not realize it replaces the object. Will fix in the update.

Sorry!

striker

I used diff merge to merge the files as has been hinted at but it doesn't ad the vectors now I can't build at all I start to build and it immediately comes up with build cancelled. has anyone got the actual changes made to each file so I can manually edit each file

Can somebody help please

this is what i found in my rpt file, ive tripple checked everything, only thing i havent done to book, is i took out the call compile for fnc_safeActions.sqf because i already have one of those, but i copied the whole contents of the file to MY fnc_safeActions.sqf file. Every time i try joining it gets stuck at waiting for server to start authentication, EVERYTIME, no matter what i try

# tryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component107 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component108 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component109 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component110 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component111 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component112 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component113 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component114 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component115 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component116 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component117 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component118 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component119 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component120 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component121 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component122 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component123 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component124 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component125 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component126 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component127 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component128 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component129 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component130 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component131 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component132 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component133 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:32 Strange convex component134 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView
0:10:33 Error in expression <0012207031];
};

_group_8 = createGroup _center_0;

_vehicle_627 = objNull;
if (>
0:10:33 Error position: <_center_0;

_vehicle_627 = objNull;
if (>
0:10:33 Error Undefined variable in expression: _center_0
0:10:33 File mpmissions\DayZ_Overpoch_1.Chernarus\bsb_updates\bsb_chernarus_plus_v2.sqf, line 3808
0:12:47 Client: Remote object 2:9 not found
0:12:47 Client: Remote object 2:10 not found
0:12:47 Client: Remote object 2:11 not found

please help, i get this error and players cant join, it says waiting for server to start authenticate 

10:51:53 Error in expression <};

};
_dir = _worldspace select 0;
if (count (_worldspace select 1) == 3) then >
10:51:53 Error position: <count (_worldspace select 1) == 3) then >
10:51:53 Error count: Type String, expected Array,Config entry
10:51:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 139

Im also using 

Not tested, just merged them. There might be problems with rotations using Q and E tho. Let me know if you do. Please don't test on live servers. Striker is using his own method to rotate, should be fine in theory tho.

SBP 1.4 + Vectors

https://gist.github.com/raymix/ad1ef3d7a185fb0b7f32

SBP 1.4 + P4L + Vectors:
https://gist.github.com/raymix/801c04613325475978ca

Not tested, just merged them. There might be problems with rotations using Q and E tho. Let me know if you do. Please don't test on live servers. Striker is using his own method to rotate, should be fine in theory tho.

SBP 1.4 + Vectors

SBP 1.4 + P4L + Vectors:

I have tested SBP 1.4 + P4L + Vectors every works with the rotation of items and snap points. The only problem I am having is the items are saving to the DB with the Obj ID of "0".

UPDATE: I fixed the ObjID problem by changing custom to Custom to match my folders.

s_player_setVectorsReset = player addaction ["Reset","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","reset"];

s_player_setVectorsForward = player addaction ["Pitch Forward","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","forward"];

s_player_setVectorsBack = player addaction ["Pitch Back","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","back"];

s_player_setVectorsLeft = player addaction ["Bank Left","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","left"];

s_player_setVectorsRight = player addaction ["Bank Right","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","right"];

s_player_setVectors1 = player addaction ["Increment by 1 degree","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","1"];

s_player_setVectors5 = player addaction ["Increment by 5 degrees","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","5"];

s_player_setVectors45 = player addaction ["Increment by 45 degrees","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","45"];

s_player_setVectors90 = player addaction ["Increment by 90 degrees","Custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","90"];

NEW:  I found if you do any type of Bank or Pitch before you snap your object it will rotate back the the default position.  You are only able to bank and pitch once you have snapped your object.

SBP 1.4 + Vectors

SBP 1.4 + P4L + Vectors:

So can anyone confirm that SBP 1.4 +P4L+ VECTORS works fine? Or are there alot of other issues?

Hello everyone,

Regarding the update to 1.4, I have the working files on the PC at the moment.

The delay is because I am trying to get the ghost preview to work correctly.

Don't have time today to upload anything as I am busy, next best time will be Friday, so check in then.

Thanks!

striker

Any idea what's going on here? Server sits on requesting authentication. I am using what raymix's SBP 1.4 + P4L + Vectors player_build.sqf and i had sbp and p4l working.

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>

17:02:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: spawn_mineveins
17:02:55 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 380
17:02:55 Error in expression <x" from 1 to MaxMineVeins do {
[] spawn spawn_mineveins;
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
17:02:55   Error position: <spawn_mineveins;
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
17:02:55 "Total Number of spawn locations 11"
17:02:55 Error in expression <if (isDedicated) then {

_id = [] spawn server_spawnEvents;

[] spawn {
private >
17:02:55   Error position: <server_spawnEvents;

[] spawn {
private >
17:02:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: server_spawnevents

17:02:55 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 399

Quick question, 
I had this running with Snap build and plot4life but somewhere along it broke the single currency 

After removing plotpole4life s/c worked again fine but upgrading object that had vector changes originated to a non vector change position.

Assuming the removal of plotpole4life broke that I removed vectors as well without really testing much as I was building a server from the ground up and was on a tight scheduled wanting to get the server out and didnt look to much into fixing vectors.

Would the upgrading not working be because I was running the wrong Player_upgrade sqf? At the time I was 90% sure I was using the right one but always the chance I removed it with plotpoles.

Thought I'd seak a simple yes or no before going through and adding it again. 

Any idea what's going on here? Server sits on requesting authentication. I am using what raymix's SBP 1.4 + P4L + Vectors player_build.sqf and i had sbp and p4l working.

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>

};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
17:02:55 "Total Number of spawn locations 11"
17:02:55 Error in expression <if (isDedicated) then {

_id = [] spawn server_spawnEvents;

[] spawn {
private >
17:02:55   Error position: <server_spawnEvents;

[] spawn {
private >
17:02:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: server_spawnevents

17:02:55 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 399

I've had similar issues to this and found the RTP to be D*** all help.

Turns out every time there was a simple , } }; put in the wrong spot, or lacking one. Just a matter of reading through your scripts.

If it narrows things down I've also Isolated the Authenticating issue with Server Sided Errors and nothing to do with the mission file.

Post your Server monitor and I'll give it a look. I've had that exact same RPT error before.