[Release] Build Vectors - Rotate objects in Dayz Epoch (v2.34 P4L & non-P4L)

striker

Check first download link :D

"Download the following files from this link (Without Admin Build and Plot 4 Life): http://bitly.com/BuildVectorsV3"

I highlighted the part you should read in bold Cen :P

So there is no plot pole for life version without Admin build

Turtle II : I suggest just installing with admin build and don't add the ID numbers so nobody gets it simple

Hi

I added this to my server. Now on restart all vehicles go back where they were on last restart. All the inventory is gone.

This makes playing kinda stupid.

So I remove the mod and the behavior is still going on.

I do not have plot for life.I installed the version without admin build and p4l.

Am I supposed to have p4l?

What is messing with my DB?

And how do I fix it?

Hi all.

I can see from other posts that others have the same problem but there has not been any replies that I could find with a working solution.

My problem is this message in the console after implementing this script:

Error in expression <

_objWpnTypes = (_intentory select 0) select 0;
_objWpnQty = (_intentory selec>
9:22:53 Error position: <select 0;
_objWpnQty = (_intentory selec>
9:22:53 Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry
9:22:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 256

The server stops loading at this point and cannot be joined.

My server host is vilayer.com and I have successfully added other scripts so I know the file structure of this host pretty well.

First I tried to merge a few scripts including the newest Build Vectors (updated for 1.4.1) and this was the only error in the console.

Next I removed all scripts on the server by reinstalling the folder containing the server.pbo and mission.pbo files (vilayer has their own function to do this).

Then I tried to install the newest Build Vectors including plot for life, admin build and precise basebuilding. Same error.

Then I reinstalled the folders again and installed Build Vectors including plot for life and admin build without precise basebuilding. Same error.

Then I tried without plot for life and admin build - with and without precise basebuilding. Still the same error.

I am getting better at scripting fast but still not very good and I simply can't figure out what the problem is.

Of course the console says "Type String, expected Array" but I have no idea what to do with this.

When reading through the posts about this script I also saw that some people have posted their working server_monitor.sqf. And by using diffmerge I can conclude that my file is identical.

Pretty frustrating.

Earlier I actually had this script working on my server along with other scripts. I was not so long ago and I think the Build Vectors then was updated for Snap 1.4 and not 1.4.1. I am not sure if I remember the versions correctly, but I can conclude, when comparing the older working script's server_monitor.sqf with this new one, that there have been serveral changes made. 

Sadly changes that apperently breaks the script on my server. 

I would absolute LOVE for someone to help me fix the newest script but alternatively I could also use the script version before the newest. But I do not know where to find that now.

Thank you so much for reading all this and apologies for my language. My native tongue is not English.

Hi all.

I can see from other posts that others have the same problem but there has not been any replies that I could find with a working solution.

My problem is this message in the console after implementing this script:

Error in expression 9:22:53 Error position: 9:22:53 Error select: Type String, expected Array,Config entry9:22:53 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 256

The server stops loading at this point and cannot be joined.

My server host is vilayer.com and I have successfully added other scripts so I know the file structure of this host pretty well.

First I tried to merge a few scripts including the newest Build Vectors (updated for 1.4.1) and this was the only error in the console.

Next I removed all scripts on the server by reinstalling the folder containing the server.pbo and mission.pbo files (vilayer has their own function to do this).

Then I tried to install the newest Build Vectors including plot for life, admin build and precise basebuilding. Same error.

Then I reinstalled the folders again and installed Build Vectors including plot for life and admin build without precise basebuilding. Same error.

Then I tried without plot for life and admin build - with and without precise basebuilding. Still the same error.

I am getting better at scripting fast but still not very good and I simply can't figure out what the problem is.

Of course the console says "Type String, expected Array" but I have no idea what to do with this.

When reading through the posts about this script I also saw that some people have posted their working server_monitor.sqf. And by using diffmerge I can conclude that my file is identical.

Pretty frustrating.

Earlier I actually had this script working on my server along with other scripts. I was not so long ago and I think the Build Vectors then was updated for Snap 1.4 and not 1.4.1. I am not sure if I remember the versions correctly, but I can conclude, when comparing the older working script's server_monitor.sqf with this new one, that there have been serveral changes made. 

Sadly changes that apperently breaks the script on my server. 

I would absolute LOVE for someone to help me fix the newest script but alternatively I could also use the script version before the newest. But I do not know where to find that now.

Thank you so much for reading all this and apologies for my language. My native tongue is not English.

That error seems to be caused by Plot Management. I came to this conclusion because it uses the inventory as a string and not array (to some extent) which would cause that error (if not reconfigured correctly). If you are using Plot Management, go to this link (https://github.com/DevZupa/PlotManagement/blob/master/P4L_Epoch.md) and follow step 5, 7, & 8. (link is for P4L, I'm sure you could find the non P4L instructions)

That is the only logical reason such an error would occur. My script does not deal with the inventory field.

striker

P.S. This is assuming your using Plot Management

Thank you so much for your responce!

Actually I was using Plot Management with the previous and working version of Build Management but all the attempts with the new version, decribed in my last post, were made without any other scripts implementet and just vanilla Epoch files.

So you just might be right that there is a connection but it seems odd that it only works for me with plot management installed. 

This will absolutely be an acceptable fix though and I will try implementing the new version of Build Vectors including p4l and precise building and then add plot management to see if that does the trick. I will report back once tested.

Thank you again!

Hmm, installed this and it's instantly cancelling. player_build is copied straight from the download (I have P4L as well so I DL'd that version), the rest of the files I manually went through in Notepad++ and compared, just so I could make sure my other mods CPC Indestructible bases remained in.

Any ideas what it might be causing that behaviour?

I installed that script like it said in the game I can use the script but when I put 2 garage door side by side to make a huge door well I cannot upgrade it to have the door, also all my other script didn,t work, bloodbag, deployable ...... Can't even unlock vehicle .... Any Idea why?

Removed this and suddenly yay, it works, I don't have admin build.

while {_isOk && !_isBuildAdmin} do {

[10,10] call dayz_HungerThirst;
player playActionNow "Medic";

Hey,

But you do have AdminBuild using my P4L files  ;)

If you are using P4L files and did not include 

WG_adminBuild = ["","","",""]; //Fill with player UID's

that is likely what caused the error (Sorry for not making that clear in the instructions).

So, if you don't want to use admin build just put 

WG_adminBuild = []; //Fill with player UID's

in the init.sqf by the other variables.

If you did include that array, i'm not sure what would be causing that error.

striker

Hey Striker,

Road Map

Keep menus up when clicked for better user experience

relating your road map goals, i did a draft for a menu. It's still in the Scroll Menu, I made two SubMenus, which stay open after clicking a pitch option for quicker repeating pitching.

Also you can switch between the two menus directly.

Perhaps you like it.

In the player_build.sqf replace ALL the addActions

s_player_setVectorsReset = player addaction ["Reset","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","reset"];
s_player_setVectorsForward = player addaction ["Pitch Forward","custom\snap_pro\player_vectorChange.sqf","forward"];

with this

s_player_setVectorsPitch = player addaction ["Open Pitch Menu >>","custom\snap_pro\snapVectorMenu.sqf","Pitch"];
s_player_setVectorsSetDegree = player addaction ["Open Set Degree Menu >>","custom\snap_pro\snapVectorMenu.sqf","SetDegree"];

and of course further down ALL the removeActions

player removeAction s_player_setVectorsReset;
player removeAction s_player_setVectorsForward;

with this

player removeAction s_player_setVectorsPitch;
player removeAction s_player_setVectorsSetDegree;

Next create a new file with the name snapVectorMenu.sqf and put following code in it

if (isNil "SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc") then {

SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = DZE_curPitch;    //Needed, because player_vectorChange.sqf is called parallel and is sometimes not quick enough to set DZE_curPitch, before the menu is shown new, so the old pitch still is shown, would confuse players, so either this, or a waituntil for some variable which would be set in player_vectorChange.sqf

SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc = {
        SnapVectorBuildPitchMenu =
        [
        ["",true],
            ["-- Pitch Object Menu --", [],  "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            [format ["-- Cur Pitch %1 --", SnapVectorBuildShowPitch], [],  "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            ["Reset",[],"",-5,[["expression","['reset'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; ['Pitch'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Pitch Forward",[],"",-5,[["expression","['forward'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; ['Pitch'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Pitch Back",[],"",-5,[["expression","['back'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; ['Pitch'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Pitch Left",[],"",-5,[["expression","['left'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; ['Pitch'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Pitch Right",[],"",-5,[["expression","['right'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; ['Pitch'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
                ["", [], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
                ["Set Pitch Menu >>", [], "", -5, [["expression", "['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]], "1", "1"],
                ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
        ];
        SnapVectorBuildSetDegreeMenu =
        [
        ["",true],
            ["-- Set Pitch Degree Menu --", [],  "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            [format ["-- Cur Pitch %1 --", SnapVectorBuildShowPitch], [],  "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            ["Set to 1 degree",[],"",-5,[["expression","['1'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = 1; ['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Set to 5 degree",[],"",-5,[["expression","['5'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = 5; ['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Set to 15 degree",[],"",-5,[["expression","['15'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = 15; ['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Set to 30 degree",[],"",-5,[["expression","['30'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = 30; ['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Set to 45 degree",[],"",-5,[["expression","['45'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = 45; ['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
            ["Set to 90 degree",[],"",-5,[["expression","['90'] execVM 'scripts\snapBuild\player_vectorChange.sqf'; SnapVectorBuildShowPitch = 90; ['SetDegree'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]],"1","1"],
                ["", [], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
                ["Pitch Object Menu >>", [], "", -5, [["expression", "['Pitch'] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;"]], "1", "1"],
                ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
        ];

switch (_this select 0) do {
            case "Pitch" : { showCommandingMenu "#USER:SnapVectorBuildPitchMenu"; };
            case "SetDegree" : { showCommandingMenu "#USER:SnapVectorBuildSetDegreeMenu"; };
        };
    };
};

[_this select 3] spawn SnapVectorBuildCallbackFunc;

Last step is to change in the player_vectorChange.sqf at the top

_type = _this select 3;

to this

_type = _this select 0;

Like you probably could imagine, considering the new pitch degrees, i added the player_vectorChange.sqf with some more possible Degrees to set.

regards

Edited by ABLGDayZ