[Release] Indestructible Items (For 1.0.5.1)

Okay, thanks! I'll PM you the files!

only thing i can see in your server_monitor.sqf is that your missing a line

add this on line 174 of your file and see if it fixes it

if ((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects) then {

only thing i can see in your server_monitor.sqf is that your missing a line

add this on line 174 of your file and see if it fixes it

So it's suppose to look like this?

//#########################INDESTRUCTIBLE ITEMS#########################
            if ((typeOf _object) in indestructible) then {
                _object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
                _object enableSimulation false;
            } else {
                _object addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled",{_this call object_handleServerKilled;}];
            };
			//######################################################################
			//#########################REMOVED FOR INDESTRUCTIBLE ITEMS#########################
			//	if (DZE_GodModeBase) then {
			//		_object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
			//	} else {
			//		_object addMPEventHandler ["MPKilled",{_this call object_handleServerKilled;}];
			//	};
			//##################################################################################

// Test disabling simulation server side on buildables only.
				_object enableSimulation false;
				// used for inplace upgrades && lock/unlock of safe
				_object setVariable ["OEMPos", _pos, true];

};

I don't think you forgot to mention that line in the tutorial? 

I tested it and it still does the same thing though. I only tested walls using a M1A1 Abrams to shoot at it.  

Any idea on what I could try next? 

I changed Plotpole Radius in init.sqf DZE_PlotPole = [50,5]; and some other things like Zombiespawnrate etc. With this indestructibel script, i`m using the variable.sqf where these things are in, too. Have i to change them too like:

"// needed on server
if(isNil "DZE_PlotPole") then {
    DZE_PlotPole = [30,45];"

to

// needed on server
if(isNil "DZE_PlotPole") then {
    DZE_PlotPole = [50,10];

???

Hi there.

Quick question about file trees and changing location for the edited files. I am with vert hosting and their file tree for where my mission.sqm file is looks something like this:

/[my server IP]/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf/missions.sqf

The above instructions require a new folder be placed in the missions file location. Then there are several files in which these modified files are changed. ie: 

"\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_buildingDowngrade.sqf" is changed to "dayz_code\actions\player_buildingDowngrade.sqf"

My question is this. Do I need to change the new location call to match my hosts structure tree or will the call be made from the missions folder?

ie:

\[server IP]\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\dayz_code\actions\player_buildingDowngrade\sqf"

I hope that makes sense...

i think i get what your asking.

You dont need to change it to \[server IP]\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\dayz_code\actions\player_buildingDowngrade.sqf" as were moving them from the z drive (virtual drive created by the server) into the mission.pbo file

So basically, even given the file structure of my server I can go ahead and follow your instructions as they are, correct? Sorry for the seemingly obvious questions, but I'm very new at all this (but loving it!). Thanks for the reply.

Yep it should do :)

When i tested it im sure i did check that but if someone could confirm it would be helpfull

If you are damaging the buildings via sql events (rather than in game actions) then it should be good.  If those sql events do not exist then you may have issues as the maintenance only kicks in when the object is damaged.

Likewise, the events are defaulted to daily schedules and any sql object based updates only update in the game world on server restart.

One thing you may want to look at if you have an interest and if it is not already inbuilt is to make the bases indestructable for select steamIDs (i.e. for admin owned bases).

I'm sure I edited the damage in the database on my test server to represent a sql event and then maintained the Items but if someone else confirmed it working it would be great.

As for admin bases only. Personally i think admin should play by the same rules and mods that all players do to make it fair. I run it that cinder are indestructible where wood is not so players have to work up to the safety of cinder.

As for admin bases only. Personally i think admin should play by the same rules and mods that all players do to make it fair. I run it that cinder are indestructible where wood is not so players have to work up to the safety of cinder.

Depends on how you run your admins.

I expect my admins to be like game marshels.  Being in the game but not so much part of the game.  in order to keep the reality of the game world I would expect the admin to drive or fly to a player rather than teleport like the shopkeeper in Mr Ben (him of "...as if by magic, the shopkeeper appeared").  To facilitate this a base is of great use but you don't want the items falling in to players hands so having it indestructable would be a big bonus.

If admins want to play the game they should join the game as players not as admins (thus loosing access to admin tools and resources).

This of course only works if you have multiple admins able to take turns in playing and assisting others.

There is a thread on different admin styles which is quite interesting.

If you would rather not then no problems :) .

• 2 weeks later...

I have problems with this. Every time after installing it following through with the instructions, my infistar menu ends up disabling itself and not working, what's the issue here?

I also have my own compiles + fn_selfactions file inside of my custom folder in the mission file, could these be interfering?

Okay the infistar is fine however I recieve these errors in my console after instyalling the mod from the files on your github, it was installed correctly;

_object addEventH>
19:55:01 Error position: <indestructible) then {
_object addEventH>
19:55:01 Error Undefined variable in expression: indestructible
19:55:01 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 167
19:55:01 Error in expression <mage _damage;

_object addEventH>
_object addEventH>

_object addEventH>
_object addEventH>

_object addEventH>
_object addEventH>
19:55:04 Error in expression <mage _damage;

_object addEventH>
19:55:04 Error position: <indestructible) then {
_object addEventH>
19:55:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: indestructible
19:55:04 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 167

_object addEventH>
_object addEventH>

_object addEventH>
_object addEventH>

_object addEventH>
_object addEventH>

There are more all similar however I removed them from the pasted log because there are too many, is there a fix for this because this is clearly casuing the script(s) not to work properly?

do you have any other scripts installed? 

I have Build snapping Bikes and many other things. Is it not a problem that for this to work I need to set up my missions init file to execute your compiles file, however I already have a custon compiles inside of my custom folder? When I had this installed I was seeing double everything on my map because everything inside of compiles was running twice, can't you just supply the bits of code we need to add/change if we already have these files that you supply on the server? Thanks.

I already have a custom fn_selfActions.sqf inside of the custom folder as well so if I overwrite it with yours other mods won't work properly.

if you read the very first post it tells you what you need to add to the files and where

So if I already have already existent files for all of these that you mention and follow the tutorial as it is, this should work? I tried that and all that was happening was every object in game was loading in twice and the script didnt work. I also got huge loading times.