We have a problem, Houston! Noone can connect? Urgent Help Needed!

mgm

Question

I had a 1.0.4.1 server with up to 10 regular players....

After working so hard to set up the server from scratch and customize it exactly the way I like (which is better than the last one) using latest patch 125548, I can connect to it using my laptop & desktop.

Testing seemed to went well and I made a grand opening party (had a celebratory tea) and our doors are open to the public.

I had two of my regulars ATTEMPT to connect and he gets 'disconnected' in 1 second or in 3 seconds.

I also had about 20 unknown random Internet players who do the same. << I thought, since they are RANDOM DUDES they just changed their mind in ONE to THREE seconds....

But I know that my old regular player IS TRYING to connect and he is NOT changing his mind  because he has his base and stuff and friends here (even though they too are seemingly unable to connect at the moment).

So this being the case can anyone help me resolve whatever it is wrong with my server?

Server is running at 92.222.164.242:2302 and should be connectable...

Thanks

EDIT -

18 answers to this question

I find your WAY of EXPLAINIG things rather anooying :P

In my head it goes talk talk SHOUT A WORD talk talk :(

How would you describe the problem, re-write it and let's see :)

ontopic: Most disconnects are people with either the wrong beta or wrong mod loaded. Are your regulars using the right startupparameters?

I don't know what exactly is going on, on their end. I do not have TeamSpeak/Forum message access to any of my players (I'm trying but they're not available). They're a pretty disconnected bunch I'd say...

Is there a way to check if my server is somehow 'bad'?

Thanks

How would you describe the problem, re-write it and let's see :)

I don't know what exactly is going on, on their end. I do not have TeamSpeak/Forum message access to any of my players (I'm trying but they're not available). They're a pretty disconnected bunch I'd say...

Is there a way to check if my server is somehow 'bad'?

Thanks

Well, let's start with the basics. What does your RTP tell you?

Well, let's start with the basics. What does your RTP tell you?

It is extremely large in size due to all these "error - undefined variable" issues with old scripts. I've just restarted to keep an eye on it - I will post if there's anything valuable in it.

If you can connect then is say the problem is on their end. Maybe they don't have the right expansion enabled or haven't updated to the proper Arma 2 beta.

That's what I thought but how is it possible that not one single player out of (say 25) have the latest beta patch installed + Overwatch&Epoch activated at the same time. It takes only ONE Overpoch player - it seems I haven't found one yet.

Look it is so annoying!

SyncNTE.png

sorry for crossposting but couldn't help!

I know if I'm playing a game and suddenly there's a change and I can't get onto any server I'd be going to the forum for that game to find out what the deal is. I don't understand how people could be so clueless.

IKR! Why doesn't anybody even post in the forums - can't understand what's going on with my few players :(

did you update every script to 1.0.5.1?

After installing 1.63.125548 + Epoch 1.0.5.1 + Overwatch 0.2.5,I added scripts one by one.

Tested access from two different client computers every time I added a new one. Since I can connect, I assumed it was HEALTHY.

With 60 minutes runtime, server RPT is at 1 million lines and here it is: arma2oaserver - Copy.7z

I was under the impression that millions of errors were server "complaining" about undefined variables and that it should NOT affect client connection at all?

EDIT - 7zip archive file password is:            1

am at work so can't open 7z files, but a million lines in rtp error does, in fact, lag the shit out of your server.

OK I'll post somewhere give me a minute.

If it is logged (i.e.: written to the hard disk drive) yea it will, would it still have a serious impact if it's not written?

Having read this thread above, ima outta this version.

It seems I'm shooting myself in the foot by upgrading to the latest version so early.

I will take an rsync backup of what I have right now (so that I can return to it by copy & pasting one single line of rsync command in the future) and then will work on downgrading to 1.63.103718

z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf

z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Scripts\DZMSmajTimer.sqf

in both files, change the “ nil”  at the end into “false”

np dude!

Thanks, I will do this next time I upgrade (I learned my lesson and won't be trigger happy with upgrading though) lol

I have completed the downgrade from 1.63.125548 to 1.63.103718, took me about an hour but hopefully will be worth it! Let's see if my old players will come back now.

1419	- BEGIN:	full backup, using pre-configured single line rsync command
1429	- END

1429	- BEGIN:	downgrade from 1.63.125548 to 1.63.103718
1500	- END

1500	- BEGIN:	launch the server with 1.63.103718, see if it breaks & monitor RPT for a few seconds
1509	- END

1500	- BEGIN:	downgrade my 2 test client computers from 1.63.125548 to 1.63.103718
1509	- END

1509	- BEGIN:	test connecting to the server with both clients. test usual (potential issues)
1510	- END

1510	- BEGIN:	check if we're back in on DayZ Commander
1511	- END

1511	- BEGIN:	update the forum
1511	- END

1512	- BEGIN:	update Gametracker query port (was 2301, now should be 2302)
1512	- END