Open up wiki for editing

Gimmic

I noticed how thin the wiki is, and also the fact that we can't register wiki accounts to add content.

This mod is amazing, but nearly completely undocumented. Simple things like the gold value and exchange rates would be helpful to have. 

Would it be possible to get an account on the wiki to assist with documentation so everyone benefits?

I tried to contribute to the wiki at one point and realized the same thing. I would like the wiki to be opened up for outside contributions BUT

!!!IMPORTANT!!! Require admin approval of changes before the changes go live. !!!IMPORTANT!!!

So many good willed individuals will go on here and see a price for the traders that doesn't match the price on their servers and change it little known to them that the server admins changed the prices on their server and what the do-gooder pays for a fuel barrel isn't what the rest of the community pays for a fuel barrel.

You could lock certain pages to combat that. Since (media)wiki has a built in revision history I'm not really sure admin approval is required. Reversion is pretty simple.

That's true but it's better that if the admins have to tend to it at all ... it should just be ONCE (as in approving) rather than reverting any time some goof changes something stupidly.

• 4 months later...

Oh thanks Jigoogly, Glad I am going a poor job...

Contact me if you want to work on the wiki: [email protected]

Face it, there is so much else that is a priority for you. The wiki is an afterthought for you, no one actually blames you for having higher priorities for other things, and it almost needs a person or two working on it regularly to make sure things like this don't stick around without being updated through a few versions:

Stick Fence

A build-able barrier that can be used to keep zombies out of your camp. They are fairly weak and can be ran over easier.

Class: stick_fence_kit > StickFence_DZ
Required Tools:
ItemToolbox
ItemKnife
Recipe:
bulk_empty x 1 <-------------------
PartWoodPile x 6