1.0.5 - what beta? (sorry if answered already!)

PetuniaEpoch

Question

15 answers to this question

That depends on the server admin for the server you are playing on. My servers are still on 103718. Once we are required to switch to the new Arma 2 OA beta, they will be on 124879.

My server is on 1.62.103718 & I'm running Epoch 1.0.4.2.

If possible, I do not wish to update to the latest Epoch for a while (at least another month or two).

When Gamespy shuts down on 30th June, will I still have the option to keep running Epoch 1.0.4.2 on Steam (beta) patch 1.63.124879?

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

103718 works fine with 1.0.5. But June 30th is when gamespy shuts down so everyone will need to update to 124879.

I see. But until i wait for June 30, if i use 103718 + 1.0.5.1 on my server, people with 112555 + 1.0.5.1 will be able to connect to the server?

Extra:

You guys believe that we will have 1.0.5.2 after the new patch in June 30?

Community is split between 3 beta patches and 2 game versions (due to bugs and speed of DZC updates) atm, it's ridiculous. We all need to settle down for a single thing asap. I am still running 1.0.4.2 with 103718 and probably will till 30th of June (if gamespy actually shuts down finally, lol)

I'll probably stay on 1.0.4.2/103718 for a little while. I'm assuming you can still direct connect to IP:port?

Given the option that's what I would like to do. The problem with that is:

BattlEye Server: IMPORTANT: Server admins are urged to upgrade their servers to the latest 1.63 Steam (beta) patch before the GameSpy shutdown on June 30. BE will no longer provide protection for servers still running version 1.62 once GameSpy is offline.

Are you happy giving up BattlEye protection on your server?

Is there a similar (free) software alternative to BattlEye? So that we can keep everything as is and just replace BattlEye?

(sounds too good to be  true but you never know!)

not that I know of.  Battleye is the "official" anti-cheat/rcon/banning tool for arma2.  Not sure if they plan on going with something different in the future but if you want rcon and all that jazz you have to use battleye for now