AI recruitment for epoch

Lacost

@Beans

I also added this line to a custom "zombie_generate.sqf" around line 118 add this:    

_agent addRating -1000000; for the AI to attack Z's.

STENCH

im having a few problems with it, i will show my edits whenever i get it to work decent

also i will change the menu to a scroll menu as this display menu will not work with antihacks

anyone know why its poping up for a second for normal players then disappears? for amdins its fine

cause the menu is blocked by your antihack ... im working on a simpler version of this with a simple scroll menu instead of the popup menu.

that should solve some problems for some antihack users, make installation a lot easier not to mention reduce filesize.

anyone know why its poping up for a second for normal players then disappears? for amdins its fine

Yeh as Halvhjearne said, this is an antihack in operation, i had the same problem and it turned out to be the lite version of InfiSTAR's antihack running that was killing the menu

Epoch disabled the Ai commands you need to unblock them in the key press file

not exactly true ... not all are removed and he can use "Select All Units" to control them, very easy

Mr."Asian Kid" thank u!!

Epoch disables key? that's client problem? I'm finding that's file now!!

thank u your advice!!

if you dont know the key (in my case ½ button next to 1), then remap a new key for it, the action is called "Select All Units"

@all

for the record, ai are horrible drivers, they will however fly "decent" but when landing they will almost always attempt to land on a helipad, wich is not always the optimal landing you could have hoped for (especially when some landing pads are invisible and placed close to buildings to allow vehicles to spawn on them).

you can however make the ai drive an armed vehicle and you can have the ai contrl the vehicle as an extension to you (ex. player can both drive and gun an lav25, when ai is in driver seat).

Thanks for this excellent idea for Epoch.    We have used the files and using the Cherno Hill option we put a trader in the cave.  When we select "Bodyguard" the free guy he spawns and we get booted with variable Error "0".     Went into the Infistar AH file and added the adjustment posted above but it still doesn't work.  We have the newest version of Infistar not the lite version.

Can someone give us a clue ?

Gramps

battleye kicks me for

#0 "bon_recruit_newunit" = <NULL-object>   PublicVariable .txt

does placement matter ?? I put these at the bottom.

I tried adding ................

!="bon_recruit_newunit" 

and.........................

1="bon_recruit_newunit"

got it working ;) Learned  new BE stuff....

You say you got it fixed but how did  you do it    i'm still stuck get kicked on publicvariable 0 everytime I recruit

how do you check is its lite version? 

Well simply really - if you paid for the full version, thats what it is - if you didnt, then you will be running the lite version and probably wont have access to the config files if your hosts are SS.  It can be disabled simply by editing it out of the init.sqf

Getting this error. Any thoughts or advie? Never changed anything in that file recruit.sqf. Only thing I did was apply Halvhjearnes fix to config.sqf and init.sqf...

Error in expression <[_queuepos];

WaitUntil{_queuepos == bon_recruit_queue select 0};
sleep (1.5 >
  Error position: <bon_recruit_queue select 0};
sleep (1.5 >
  Error Undefined variable in expression: bon_recruit_queue
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\bon_recruit_units\recruit.sqf, line 31
Error in expression <undEnvironExt" >> _soundType) select 0) select 3)];

Zero

Getting this error. Any thoughts or advie? Never changed anything in that file recruit.sqf. Only thing I did was apply Halvhjearnes fix to config.sqf and init.sqf...

Error in expression <[_queuepos];

WaitUntil{_queuepos == bon_recruit_queue select 0};

sleep (1.5 >

Error position: <bon_recruit_queue select 0};

sleep (1.5 >

Error Undefined variable in expression: bon_recruit_queue

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\bon_recruit_units\recruit.sqf, line 31

Error in expression <undEnvironExt" >> _soundType) select 0) select 3)];

Zero

ill see if i can figure out whats wrong cause i changed my version quite a lot now ... i might have missed something from the original version

ill try and wrap up what i got, but i have been a bit busy lately

You say you got it fixed but how did  you do it    i'm still stuck get kicked on publicvariable 0 everytime I recruit

After removing the Asian Kid fix I thought was for me  I get the menu back and after putting the .cvs file in mission folder (which was not mentioned in original install instructions or in the readme in zip file)   I get the recruit menu now with the buttons showing print BUT  I still get variablerestriction 0 and kicked..........anybody get this to work without all the kicks..........dayz.st server

ill see if i can figure out whats wrong cause i changed my version quite a lot now ... i might have missed something from the original version

ill try and wrap up what i got, but i have been a bit busy lately

Thanks, appreciate it! I stared at it for hours but I am not skilled enough yet. Will keep trying to figure it out too..

After removing the Asian Kid fix I thought was for me  I get the menu back and after putting the .cvs file in mission folder (which was not mentioned in original install instructions or in the readme in zip file)   I get the recruit menu now with the buttons showing print BUT  I still get variablerestriction 0 and kicked..........anybody get this to work without all the kicks..........dayz.st server

Try this. The only way you can get to your BattlEye folder with Dayz.St is through the FTP connection. Go in throug FTP, look for your BattlEye folder.Copy or move somewhere else on Desktop publicvariable.txt. Restart server. Go in gamr and see if kick happens. If it does try removing publicvariableval.txt. Restart. Check. Once the kick stops happening, you now know which file was causing it. Now you need to put those files back in and starting changin 5's to 1's until it corrects it.

Zero

P.s. Please dont leave the file out. remember to put it back. Otherwise it will leave you vulnerable to hackers.

Haven't got a chance to keep resetting server too many players but here is the tail end of rpt kick   any ideas anyone?

12:40:47 "get: STRING (6725248), sent: STRING (6725248)"
12:40:47 "DISCONNECT: TECH_SUPPORT (6725248) Object: B 1-1-C:1 (TECH_SUPPORT) REMOTE, _characterID: 611 at loc [7180.71,3002.67,0.00170898]"
12:40:47 No player found for channel 870817920 - message ignored
12:40:48 Client: Remote object 7:109 not found

the ai when you tell them to mount a vehical with guns thay dont shoot if on auto fire thay only target things on foot or if told to engage  i had 2 guys in my huey on the guns and got real low to a misstion and thay didnt fire + epoch removed the tartget that fuction so its anoying to press tilda and try and locate an misstion ai guy to fire appon

Haven't got a chance to keep resetting server too many players but here is the tail end of rpt kick   any ideas anyone?

12:40:47 "get: STRING (6725248), sent: STRING (6725248)"

12:40:47 "DISCONNECT: TECH_SUPPORT (6725248) Object: B 1-1-C:1 (TECH_SUPPORT) REMOTE, _characterID: 611 at loc [7180.71,3002.67,0.00170898]"

12:40:47 No player found for channel 870817920 - message ignored

12:40:48 Client: Remote object 7:109 not found

These are fairly normal for Epoch. I see them occasionally.

Well, I cannot get this to work at all. Guy shows up on map just fine. Button text is there, thanks to Gramps :) Click on AI and hit recruit and nothing happens. It does take my gold though. lol. Really wish I could get thisto work, very cool script but seems to be poorly written and executed.

• 2 weeks later...

Very Cool Script It all works just need to config the Ai to Kill At Will. put them in an armored Suv i was driving we were attacked by Ai in a heli and ai Vehicle patrol at the same time lost 2 Ai dead 1 left in the gunner, I got out shot the Ai dead in the vehicle patrol my Ai team mate shot down the Ai heli. then we were attacked by ai randoms and i got back in the drivers seat my Ai team mate stopped shooting i get out my Ai team mate shoots again still more needs testing running DZAI EMS WickedAI!! CAN ALSO BE SET TO RIGHT CLICK OPTION ON SCRAP METAL instead of adding scroll menu in selfactions

but i find scroll menu suits me better.