Harvestable Hemp

Keaster

Question

Hello. I've been trying to make a hemp farm on my chernarus epoch server, but can't find too much on the topic. 

I've spawned in the hemp trees by placing some barrels on the map then changing the barrels to fiberplants in the mission.sqf like so:

_this = createVehicle ["fiberplant", [2325.9077, 3357.582, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

and then I dragged the player_harvestPlant.sqf from dayz_code.pbo and added "p_fiberplant_ep1.p3d remote" into the _trees array. I still am not able to harvest the hemp from the plants. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello. I've been trying to make a hemp farm on my chernarus epoch server, but can't find too much on the topic. 

I've spawned in the hemp trees by placing some barrels on the map then changing the barrels to fiberplants in the mission.sqf like so:

and then I dragged the player_harvestPlant.sqf from dayz_code.pbo and added "p_fiberplant_ep1.p3d remote" into the _trees array. I still am not able to harvest the hemp from the plants. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm getting this same issue.  I tried p_fiberplant_ep1 and p_fiberplant_ep1.p3d... both return "you must be close to a plan to harvest" generic message.

Here's a screenshot with me calling the DZE_getModelName method of the plant: http://i.imgur.com/dZIj7If.jpg

getModel = {
_objName = cursorTarget call DZE_getModelName;

_strtext = format ["model = %1", _objName];
titleText [_strtext, "PLAIN"]; 
};

If someone can get this working I think it would be really cool. Especially if you can harvest, then sell to a trader for gold :) :). I'll look into it and see if I can figure it out.

P.s. Even cooler if you could smoke it. LOL

P.s.s And I know you cant smoke hemp for any benefit, but it can be made into a pot farm. haha

Ahh I c. That might be your problem right there. Is that fiberplant used in Arma 2? Is it normally harvestable? I don't see anywhere in the code where you would get an item in your inventory once harvested? Sorry for all the questions but I'd really like to have this on my server too and sell for gold. Would be happy to help implement if I know a little more info. Also where is the trees array or where does the server handle other harvestable plants?

Ok. So far I have been able to spawn in the actual Hemp that gets harvested. Its actually kinda cool you can make canvas out of it. I have tried to spawn in the plant using "p_fiberplant_ep1.p3d" but I get a message when the mission loads that that object no longer exists. Did they remove this from the game? And why? Testing continues...

Add new objects "fiberplant" to sqf and  [] execVM "weed.sqf"; in init.sqf.

In editor you don't find "fiberplant", so you have to place barrels on ground, save mission, then in mission.sqf you change all name barrel to "fiberplant".

Add new objects "fiberplant" to sqf and  [] execVM "weed.sqf"; in init.sqf.

In editor you don't find "fiberplant", so you have to place barrels on ground, save mission, then in mission.sqf you change all name barrel to "fiberplant".

weird, i did that and theres nothing there o.O