Server Performance.

Turtle

Question

Hey guys. 

I'm finally starting to get a good player base here on my servers, especially my chernarus server and it's honestly more disappointing then it is exciting. 

The reason being is that my Performance is just sort of crap. 

I'm running off of a Dedicated Box with 3.30 GHz Processor and 16 GB of RAM. Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition. 

I'm pretty sure this should be capable of handling 2-3 servers with a good amount of players at an acceptable rate.

There are some obvious features I could remove to increase performance on Chernarus, those being my Bandit Castle which has about 30-40 Static AI. Also, my Bandit Island which has a little less AI, 25-30.

Scripts don't be seem to be an issue because I have no errors in my logs.

The shitty performance I'm getting is noticeable in basic things like when you open a door, it takes about 3-4 seconds from when you click the option to when it actually opens. Also AI missions are horrible. They slide all across the ground and are very glitchy.

I also run a Namalsk Epoch and Taviana Epoch server but when playing on them performance is fine. 

Reason i'm making this post is to ask you guys what suggestions, tips, tricks, etc. you have that I could put the server on better level. 

What AI mod do you use?

And you sure about 30 SERVER fps average?

What's your basic.cfg?

For missions I am using DZMS

oh SERVER fps..lol I honestly never knew I could even find that out, how can I find out what my server fps is?

My basic.cfg:

language="English";
MinBandwidth=1097152;
MaxMsgSend=256;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

For missions I am using DZMS

oh SERVER fps..lol I honestly never knew I could even find that out, how can I find out what my server fps is?

My basic.cfg:

language="English";
MinBandwidth=1097152;
MaxMsgSend=256;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

In your rtp file doe a search for FPS, should tell you what your fps is.

Ingame you can:

direct chat -> #login rconpassword

#monitor 1 (1 for on, 0 for off)

that tells you server stuff

Beats me. I have shitty server fps as well. Biggest factors are probably your database object count and AI's. Lower count of those if possible. Try different values on basic.cfg to see what suits your server best.

This is the most important thing with epoch.

My server FPS is usually between 1-2 with 50 players on and 13k objects in object_data table.

meh the thing is though Server FPS was never my actual Issue. It was about the performance that clients were reporting to me. I don't really know if SERVER FPS would really reflect on that but I've played on 50/50 players on servers and I've managed better than I have on my server. At the end of the day it's not a major problem for me now. But if I do have more players on eventually I might end up having to do some more drastic things like shut down one of my less populated servers or something.

meh the thing is though Server FPS was never my actual Issue. It was about the performance that clients were reporting to me. I don't really know if SERVER FPS would really reflect on that but I've played on 50/50 players on servers and I've managed better than I have on my server. At the end of the day it's not a major problem for me now. But if I do have more players on eventually I might end up having to do some more drastic things like shut down one of my less populated servers or something.

Server fps is directly related to your server preformance.

With that being said, is it normal to be getting 3-5 FPS on a server with 20 players. 

If not I have 3 servers running on one box with the specs I stated before. the other 2 servers have 5-10 players on them a day so they are never that packed. 

Would it be a better idea to just close one of them if that would help?

I'm sorry I feel like I'm bugging everyone about this but I really want to get this solved.

I also have a problem like this. Whenever our server has +40 players online the traders are slow, locking/unlocking cars and safes is slow. I just checked the server FPS and it looks like it's 1-2. with 52 players. I'm sure our dedicated box should be able to handle multiple servers. Specs:

Intel Xeon E3-1270v2 (3.4+ GHz)
16Gb (2x8,192Mb DDR3 1333Mhz)
2x 120GB Solid State Drive
1TB (1,000Gb) SATA3 7,200 RPM
1 GBit/s Uplink Port