Add a taser ?

Oshydaka

Hi.

I'm suggesting you to add a taser, like Breaking Point.

Why ?

Because, it can add some RP interraction. It add the possibility to incapacitate a person, with non letal issue ^^

Many RP actions could thus be easier to achieve.

The x26 taser in Breaking Point has a range of about 30m and provides no damage. BTW it immobilizes the target for 10 seconds, so you can drag the body or stuff like that.

Thanks for reading me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am still wondering today , why the F this isnt in epoch already. I mean you can wear a sergei, get a police car, make a prison, but you cannot make a target pass out from a distance without making him lose a bunch of blood. Of course there are some cheap alternatives, but to be honest, in epoch theres everything to be a police officer except for a ranged knockout weapon. After which i would like to add this question:

Is it possible to add poison darts for cz 550 or something like that, which will tranquilize players, possibly putting them to sleep for a minute if they dont use antibiotics (or something like that, im just thinking out loud). That would be fun (kidnapping for the win).

Another feature that would be needed is putting a dragged person inside the car and make him  unable to get out the first minute (so basicly enough time to get a driver and lock the car.

:YAY: For kidnappings

I'd love to knock people out.

One of my favorite things to do when DayZ was launched was to shoot a guys legs knocking him unconscious.  Then drag him to the street, toss down a smoke to attrack/divert Zeds and watch them chew on the guy as I slinked away.

They usually woke up and tried to fight back but it was too late. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although I agree there should be some form of a remote-distance knockout, I don't necessarily feel it should be the taser, as its been done so many times before, that I feel Epoch could do something a little more unique.

I actually feel that a dart gun would be more unique and interesting. You could make it spawn very rarely in medical loot, maybe on par with hotwire kits.

You would need to find the gun, the darts, and CO2 canisters, or they could make it have a long pumping action to reload to avoid making CO2 models.

You're running, not from a zombie, but from another player. He is not armed with what you are normally used to seeing, all this military hardware. Instead, you are being chased by a man with a dart gun. Living in Chernarus, you have become used to being surrounded with death from the outbreak. You have seen everyone you love turn into the infected. However, you know there are worse things than death out there, and you know this player weilds that. The last stooge to get shot was found hanging by his leg from a tree in Chernogorsk for the zombies, and you're not about to be the next.

RD706%20%20Remote%20Injection%20Gun.jpg

Although I agree there should be some form of a remote-distance knockout, I don't necessarily feel it should be the taser, as its been done so many times before, that I feel Epoch could do something a little more unique.

I actually feel that a dart gun would be more unique and interesting. You could make it spawn very rarely in medical loot, maybe on par with hotwire kits.

You would need to find the gun, the darts, and CO2 canisters, or they could make it have a long pumping action to reload to avoid making CO2 models.

RD706%20%20Remote%20Injection%20Gun.jpg

I WAN'T THIS oO

Lets just keep bumping until they at least give an option to enable this or something :D (they can add 2 full map pbo's , why not a tiny tazer mod?) I'm guessing it has something to do with pernissions and stuff perhaps.

maps dosnt affect overall perfomance of the base mod, compared to adding an actual mod ...

Going with the beanbag ammo idea, maybe this could be tied into the combat timer.

When you go into combat check for nearby players, get their direction, if they are oriented your direction and their current equipped weapon is the reclassed shotgun that can only fire the beanbags, then the player gets knocked out.

Would still love this, saw it on a youtube video and looks sweet! Wanted to add it myself on my server but the problem is the huge mission file that'd give me

This is the link to a good one:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18624

Double Doppler is actually a friend of mine from another community, as far as i'm aware he's working on another update for this (Or a Arma III version).

On Topic: This would be fun to use. (Kinky)

• 8 months later...

Double Doppler Taser mod have .SQF files because its necessary to make the stun.

This .SQF code add a HandleDamage envent handler on players and AI. The badies:

- On Epoch, taser will not work with zombies.

- Anti-hack reset the HandleDamage event handlers, killing the Taser event handler.

Something specific to Epoch is apreciated.

• 8 months later...